What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow TC, great round! I wish you could've played the back nine to see how low you could go. I am playing 18 this afternoon and am going to try your approach, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for sharing!

Great round to JB too! 1 over on a course that looks (and sounds) very tough is impressive.

Way to go guys keep up the good work.

Great round TC and JB, that is some serious game

Thanks fellas, as a reward, now I get to cut grass and paint the Master bedroom!

Great round TC! Happy for ya buddy :clapp:

Good playing TC and JB! I wasn't nearly that good, but I did manage to go out in 46 and come home in 39 today! It added up to 85, but that back nine hade my juices flowing!

Second day of the tournament on an older course with lots of very big trees. Yesterday the driver went sour from the start so it was three iron off the tee most of the day. Today, I hit a few good drives and that made me stick with driver longer than I should have.

I had one penalty stroke, as I was about to tap in a 6 inch par, grounded the putter about 3 inches behind the ball more for balance than anything and the ball rolled about an inch.

I finished the day with double bogie on the 36th hole today, 40 40 80 to go with 77 yesterday, 157 with the winner of the senior flight at 149. It was fun and I will be back to that tournament.

Good news is that some of my distance seems to be coming back, maybe one club shorter than before surgery, I hit a lot of decent iron shots this weekend. Bad news. driver is still very erratic.

Ok, I was able to sneak off fairly early this morning. Played at one of my favorite courses around here, Broadmoor Golf Links. Forum member One-t and thainer have played there, so they'll tell you that it is a golf course that's much more about putting the golf ball in the right spot as opposed to banging. That being said, from the Blue tees (one up from the tips) it's still a long golf course.

I was only able to get 9 holes in as inclement weather rolled in on me. I was pretty bummed out about it b/c I had my best score on 9 holes ever today! I shot a 4 under, 32! I still can't believe it. I drove so fast coming home b/c I was excited to put it on the forum, hahaha. Finally, everything clicked for me. I am starting to convert putts, it's something I've been working very hard on and my hard work is finally paying off. I had a break through with the putter, but it's something that I prefer keeping to myself. It helped birdie'ing both of the Par 3's for sure, as I would gladly walk of the front 9 there with pars on both of those holes. I stuffed on in tight with a 7 iron on #2 from 174, it was about a 2 foot birdie putt, and I left myself below the hole on the Par 3 5th so I had a relatively easy uphill 10 footer. I only managed to birdie one of the Par 5's, both of which are true 3 shot par 5's and I was able to birdie #9, which can only be done by hitting a really good drive.

The RXT's are the real deal for me. I can't believe how much more accurate I am with them. I've developed a bit of a strategy with them, again, don't want to share that either, but I believe it's paying off.

Anyway:

Score: 32
fwys: 5/7
girs: 8/9
putts: 13
birdies: 4
pars: 5
others: 0 - woot woot!

I'm on cloud 9 right now. I hope this wasn't a fluke. Truth be told, the rain may have been a blessing b/c I know I would've been playing "protect" golf on the back 9, haha.
Awesome!!! Man that had to have been fun!

Played Grand Cypress North South today and was hitting the ball really well. 38 on the front with no birdies. 7 pars and 2 bogeys. Back nine kicked it into gear with a 35 to finish +1 with a 73. First below par round at that course and can't imagine playing any better. It was just one of those days....

I do have to say, that freaking course is hard! If you hit it to the wrong spot, it just eats your lunch. My 2 playing partners today had not played it before and both are single digits that were right around 90. Greens were rolling great too.
Nice round dude, gotta love an under par side to a round. I've only done it once myself. Keep it up!!

Great rounds JB and TC! I didn't play today, but fourm member Johnday broke 90 for the 1st time today. 45-44=89! congrats man!

Shot a 55/46 (101). Surprisingly I was good off the tee most of the day and only lost 2 balls, one of which was not even that bad of a shot, the ball apparently just disappeared. Short game and approach shots were the guilty parties today. Put myself it the worst possible positions around the greens on my misses. Downhill lies with the green above me, short sided with green sloping away, chipping with a downhill lie over a bunker, and a couple of bladed shots really hurt. I even managed to nudge the ball with a practice stroke on the green with my putter. A 10 and two 7s on the front nine make the numbers add up pretty quick. One of those days.

Worst score of the year so far and can't believe I don't feel totally embarrassed about not breaking 100 but the way I've been swinging at the range the last couple of weeks this was a step in the right direction. (Yep it was that bad!) If my short game was even just bad instead of terrible I easily would have been in the low 90s. I've probably been practicing too hard recently and was going to give golf a break for a couple of weeks, but I was actually encouraged to play more after today. Who would have thought that with a round over 100?

Ok, I was able to sneak off fairly early this morning. Played at one of my favorite courses around here, Broadmoor Golf Links. Forum member One-t and thainer have played there, so they'll tell you that it is a golf course that's much more about putting the golf ball in the right spot as opposed to banging. That being said, from the Blue tees (one up from the tips) it's still a long golf course.

I was only able to get 9 holes in as inclement weather rolled in on me. I was pretty bummed out about it b/c I had my best score on 9 holes ever today! I shot a 4 under, 32! I still can't believe it. I drove so fast coming home b/c I was excited to put it on the forum, hahaha. Finally, everything clicked for me. I am starting to convert putts, it's something I've been working very hard on and my hard work is finally paying off. I had a break through with the putter, but it's something that I prefer keeping to myself. It helped birdie'ing both of the Par 3's for sure, as I would gladly walk of the front 9 there with pars on both of those holes. I stuffed on in tight with a 7 iron on #2 from 174, it was about a 2 foot birdie putt, and I left myself below the hole on the Par 3 5th so I had a relatively easy uphill 10 footer. I only managed to birdie one of the Par 5's, both of which are true 3 shot par 5's and I was able to birdie #9, which can only be done by hitting a really good drive.

The RXT's are the real deal for me. I can't believe how much more accurate I am with them. I've developed a bit of a strategy with them, again, don't want to share that either, but I believe it's paying off.

Anyway:

Score: 32
fwys: 5/7
girs: 8/9
putts: 13
birdies: 4
pars: 5
others: 0 - woot woot!

I'm on cloud 9 right now. I hope this wasn't a fluke. Truth be told, the rain may have been a blessing b/c I know I would've been playing "protect" golf on the back 9, haha.

wow man thats freaking awesome, congrats on the lights out 32!

Played Grand Cypress North South today and was hitting the ball really well. 38 on the front with no birdies. 7 pars and 2 bogeys. Back nine kicked it into gear with a 35 to finish +1 with a 73. First below par round at that course and can't imagine playing any better. It was just one of those days....

I do have to say, that freaking course is hard! If you hit it to the wrong spot, it just eats your lunch. My 2 playing partners today had not played it before and both are single digits that were right around 90. Greens were rolling great too.

awesome 73 JB!

A pathetic 86. I blew up on the back nine.

I blew up on the back nine.

Tell me about it.
I played a new-to-me course today with sliiicckk greens and put up a 44 front. I think if the greens had been just a touch slower, I could've knocked at least 2 off that.
Then there was the turn. I don't know what happened, never do, but the wheels came off quick. It also seemed like I ended up in a divot on every fairway back there.
It was awful, and I ended up 44-50.
:beat-up:
Such high hopes on 9...such a struggle by 18.

note: the only + was every time I touched my 58* it was money!

I shot a 0 cause my lame home course decided to close this morning after a few hours of rain, since 11am, its been sunny and almost 80 all day....BOOOOHHH

99. One of those days when I played when I shouldn't have. First course I went to was a 2 hr. wait for a walk on single. Then next course I went to was about the same. When I finally get called, some jerk cuts in front of me in the pro shop saying "I gotta make my tee time". Naturally I end up in the same group as this guy. Played the first few holes annoyed and never got into the round mentally. Ugh.

Fantastic score JB! To shoot that kind of golf on a tough track is really inspiring :clapp:

Shot an 85 (45,40) on my home course in an old pal match. We got closed out on 17. Should have won the match but we missed some great opportunities. I guess that is golf.

Some really great scores being turned in this weekend - congrats to the guys shooting personal bests; everyone is really starting to kick it into gear!!

We came in after 14 holes. Too humid and miserable to keep playing. We were both doing decent, but it just wasn't fun.

A tale of 2 nines.

40+46=86

On the front, I had the best ball striking round and distance control 9 i've ever had. I started out with a 7 on the first hole. I had legit birdie putts (within 10ft.) on 5 holes and only made one. It was definitely a fun front 9 except for that 7. It was the first time I played this course andthe greens were a little shaggy. They didn't roll as good as I would have liked.

On the back, I still played fairly decent but I wasn't as "on". I had one hole on a par 4 that I put 2 into the drink and preceeded to take a 9. Just totally lost it on a hole.

Man, when I think about what could have been. I shot an 86 and I was 8 over on two damn holes and not to mention the failure to capitalize on the very makeable birdie puts.

I like where my game is heading though. I've been working on my swing a lot.

I shot a 0 cause my lame home course decided to close this morning after a few hours of rain, since 11am, its been sunny and almost 80 all day....BOOOOHHH

Oasis was closed in the morning but reopened at 12 with carts on the path only..

I went and played nine.. The back nine, being definitely the harder 9 of my course. Shot a 38, but it was a ridiculous 38, thanks to easily my best hole of the year (eagled a par 5) followed by my absolute worst drive of the year leading to a double bogey. Really two shots on the day kept me from coming in under par.. Lipped out an eagle putt on the next par 5, and then doubled the 17th because of a terrible second shot getting wet.

It's getting closer and closer to being a really great round for me, although I'm not complaining. Just glad I was able to play.

43-43:86
Lost shots on the last hole of each nine. Finally got wedges going AND long irons!

Set my personal best score today!!!! 41 on the front, 48 on the back.

I was on fire on the front (per my standards). Had 6 pars, 2 doubles, 1 bogey for a 5 over 41.
Blew up a little on the back. Had a snowman on a par 4. Another snowman on a par 5. Bad.

My R11 3 wood has been money off the tee. Love that club. Even with two snowmen on the back, I STILL BROKE 90 FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! Although I was hoping to shoot an 85 or so but those two eights hurt my scorecard.

I played Valley Green in edders, Pa. And shot a 104. When playing we kept hearing a loud cheering sound and people chanting loudly! Then we figured out what they were chanting. It was "move that bus" , the extreme home makeover guys were in town just a block away from the course! After our round we drove by the house and it was awesome! It was for a kid who was paralyzed from the waist down after a gymnastics accident, and his dad had to quit his job to take care of him. Really cool house wish I could of looked inside!!

I tap it in.

Set my personal best score today!!!! 41 on the front, 48 on the back.

I was on fire on the front (per my standards). Had 6 pars, 2 doubles, 1 bogey for a 5 over 41.
Blew up a little on the back. Had a snowman on a par 4. Another snowman on a par 5. Bad.

My R11 3 wood has been money off the tee. Love that club. Even with two snowmen on the back, I STILL BROKE 90 FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! Although I was hoping to shoot an 85 or so but those two eights hurt my scorecard.

Congrats MSB!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back