What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well went out and played a nice wet round

Shot a bad 98.

However, I did hit the driver well, hitting 6 of 14 fairways, 2 of my misses were due to driving straight through some fariways. Lots of doglegs, etc which were making me mad, so there was something good to take from the round.

Couldnt get it going wiht my irons, I think I was pulling up a lot, hitting 8 irons with the trajectory of 3 irons.

Greens were rough, one of the 9's must have recently been aereated, was sloppy

Just glad I got out though

I played a piss poor 9 holes. Shot a 48. Could have been much worse but made 4-5 10+ft bogey putts. My putter and Mashie were the only thing working. It was a constant struggle but I am glad its over. I need to go have my driver shortened. The extra length is killing me.

Tap tap taparoo

Played a quick nine after work. Shot 36 EVEN PAR!! woohoo. I three putt bogeyed the first hole, bogeyed the second, then went birdie, par, birdie, par, par, par, par. I lipped out 3 other birdies as well, hit all 7/9 greens and was playing very well. It felt good and I hope I can keep it up.

Played a quick nine after work. Shot 36 EVEN PAR!! woohoo. I three putt bogeyed the first hole, bogeyed the second, then went birdie, par, birdie, par, par, par, par. I lipped out 3 other birdies as well, hit all 7/9 greens and was playing very well. It felt good and I hope I can keep it up.

nice work man!

Played 25 today in 110 degree heatttttt. Probably wont be doing that again.

43 - 35 - was 4 over through 7 on the last nine and we were beat so packed it in. Swing is coming around slowly.

Played 25 today in 110 degree heatttttt. Probably wont be doing that again.

43 - 35 - was 4 over through 7 on the last nine and we were beat so packed it in. Swing is coming around slowly.

I can't imagine playing in that heat even without the humidity we have here. Way to pull it together for a great score on the back nine!

Some great scores coming in, way to go everyone. Calebt, nice round man.

Another 79 today with my lowest 9 hole score of 37, (needed it to make up for a 42 back, lol). I had a snowman on one par 5 or it would have been really low for me.

Another 79 today with my lowest 9 hole score of 37, (needed it to make up for a 42 back, lol). I had a snowman on one par 5 or it would have been really low for me.

Congrats on your 79 with a snowman that's a great round, I hope to join the 70's club again soon. Thanks.

Got out a little before 6pm today and managed to get 12 holes in before it got too dark. I was +4 after it was all said and done. I felt like I played much worse than that thanks to a trio of 3 putts. The greens looked liked they hadnt been rolled in a while and I was still used to the faster greens from last weekend. I did manage some pretty crisp iron shots which always feel good. My driver was not stellar, but good enough to keep me in play and not take any penalty strokes. Still have a bit of a pull-draw going on, need to start swinging out to right field better.

It was dark when I got back to the parking lot, but the lights were enough for the 2nd green to still be visible, so I spent 15-20 minutes chipping. I holed a few out and managed to get most of them within 4ft. Not bad for chipping in the dark. I was chipping off the fringe mostly and have started using my 50* wedge and trying a more of a bump-n-run style. I think its working out pretty well and will have to try it out on the course next time.

I hit every faiway in regulation today and still shot a dang 90! My putting and chipping was horrible. In my defense though the greens were very hard and slick as glass. I couldn't find the pace on my putts and kept rolling them 6 foot by and my chips wouldn't check for anything. I did have one chip drop for a birdie though so I have that going for me.

Shot a 38 (+2) On the front 9 today. Ball striking was still a little off.

1 Double
1 Birdie
6 Pars
1 Bogey

6/7 Fairways
5/9 Greens

I hit every faiway in regulation today and still shot a dang 90! My putting and chipping was horrible. In my defense though the greens were very hard and slick as glass. I couldn't find the pace on my putts and kept rolling them 6 foot by and my chips wouldn't check for anything. I did have one chip drop for a birdie though so I have that going for me.

Degoins, I like the Bill Murray reference. I also feel your pain on breaking 90. I seem to do better when I miss the fairways!

Shot a 38 (+2) On the front 9 today. Ball striking was still a little off.
I look forward to the point of my "Ball striking (is) a little off" and scoring like that!

Looks like no golf today. Currently lightning, rain, and gusts up to 50mph... :( Housework instead.

wouldnt your ESC score be a 78 then since the most you can take on a hole is a 7 based on your posted handicap?

Took my first shot at the PAT yesterday. First round didn't go well at all due to my driver being way off. I was too stubborn to put it up and hit 3W. My first round was high, but my second round I put the driver away and shot a 77 which was the number I was trying to shoot in the first round. Looks like I'll be taking it again soon and hopefully I will pass it the second time around.

Today I shot my worst round since my very first round of last season! I shot an ugly 96. Swing plane was off all day until the last hole when I realized what I was doing wrong. Almost birdied 18 when I corrected the swing. I can only do better from here. Low point in my golf game for a few years now. Hard to shake it off.

today was the hottest day i think ive ever played golf
heat index was off the charts
i was 5 mins late for my tee time and the starter wouldnt lemme catch up with my friend so he paired me with a couple of guys
big mistake on the lateness since groups in front let her play thru and the same groups wouldnt let our 3some thru
ended up being a really long round =/
43/42
lots of trouble off the tee... thank goodness those guys didnt play from the tips even tho one of them was plenty long enough off the tee
could not draw/hook the ball at all and was in spots i wasnt used to
ball just went straight... too bad i was aimed right most of the day
irons were okay when i got on them
wedges were my saving grace... ripping covers off with those bad boys
putting was afrikkentrocious... hit the hole square 5 times and the ball just popped right out
had one great putt and thats it

Played yesterday - shot 41-41 for an 82. Holes 17 and 18 with bogey, double bogey. :-(

After the tournament this past weekend, I didn't know what to expect since I didn't play good nor bad, just OK. I played the golds 72.2/137 and struck the ball better than in a long time. In the beginning, good looks at birdie made one on two, left an inch or two short on one, three and four. Bogied 5, birdies on 6 and 7, missed the putt right on 8 then screwed 9 up terribly to finish the front even. Tired on the back and bogied 16 and 17 for 38. 36-38 74. Just as I get to thinking my index is going back up to where it should be, I go and do something like this! Guess I will just have to try to play to it. Playing good is a good thing, just wish I were more consistent.

After the tournament this past weekend, I didn't know what to expect since I didn't play good nor bad, just OK. I played the golds 72.2/137 and struck the ball better than in a long time. In the beginning, good looks at birdie made one on two, left an inch or two short on one, three and four. Bogied 5, birdies on 6 and 7, missed the putt right on 8 then screwed 9 up terribly to finish the front even. Tired on the back and bogied 16 and 17 for 38. 36-38 74. Just as I get to thinking my index is going back up to where it should be, I go and do something like this! Guess I will just have to try to play to it. Playing good is a good thing, just wish I were more consistent.

Great round buddy and keep up the good work!

Took my first shot at the PAT yesterday. First round didn't go well at all due to my driver being way off. I was too stubborn to put it up and hit 3W. My first round was high, but my second round I put the driver away and shot a 77 which was the number I was trying to shoot in the first round. Looks like I'll be taking it again soon and hopefully I will pass it the second time around.

Good try. I have found if I play what the course requires instead of what I want to hit, I score better too.

Played a quick 9 after work and shot another 39... (+3) with a terrible bogey on the last hole.

3 Bogeys
6 Pars
4 Fairways
4 Greens

Played a quick 9 after work and shot another 39... (+3) with a terrible bogey on the last hole.

3 Bogeys
6 Pars
4 Fairways
4 Greens

First, I'm glad the avay is back, you were throwing me off. Second wouldn't it be 8 pars, and a triple? Either way sounds like you're getting the game back.

First, I'm glad the avay is back, you were throwing me off. Second wouldn't it be 8 pars, and a triple? Either way sounds like you're getting the game back.

I'm actually surprised it wasn't 1 birdie 7 pars and a quad. Although I am not really improving I must be doing something right. I still have some really shady shots here and there which really screw over a round.

The one thing I am most disappointed about though is I am not comfortable with my swing. I don't like it and I don't like swinging. It's not a good feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back