What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot another 44 for leagues. With 2 doubles and a triple. Man if I could just get those 3 bad holes off of my card, it wouldn't be bad at all!

Shot another 44 for leagues. With 2 doubles and a triple. Man if I could just get those 3 bad holes off of my card, it wouldn't be bad at all!

I hear you brother. Had a 40 last night with a stupid double and a bogie on the last. :banghead:

I shot a 52 for 9 holes last night in my league. We played the back 9 which is a lot harder in my opinion. I was 3 over on my last four holes which should tell you how bad I shot on my first 5. I think being chased my skunks on the 15th and 16th holes got me out of my head. There is a family of skunks living on the back 9 of the course. Because of them living on the course they have no fear of humans. Made for an interesting 2 holes.

I shot a 52 for 9 holes last night in my league. We played the back 9 which is a lot harder in my opinion. I was 3 over on my last four holes which should tell you how bad I shot on my first 5. I think being chased my skunks on the 15th and 16th holes got me out of my head. There is a family of skunks living on the back 9 of the course. Because of them living on the course they have no fear of humans. Made for an interesting 2 holes.

yea that will kind of make you lose your sense of smell er I mean concentration :laughing:.. Good round though Nerf even after being chased down by those ferocious skunks!

Hit a 46 today which was 11 over quite happy hit a crazy triple bogey on a par 3 lol still struggling with my 3 wood off the tee :(

Hmmm, two shots worse again today. 40-38 78
These old legs must be getting tired--but that's OK, at least I'm walking.

40-37

Doubled the par 3 3rd hole. Was 232 to the pin and tried to hit a high cut hybrid and sliced it into the water. :banghead: Mix in a few 3 putts and there ya go. Hitting the ball good though, just need to work on putting.

40-37

Doubled the par 3 3rd hole. Was 232 to the pin and tried to hit a high cut hybrid and sliced it into the water. :banghead: Mix in a few 3 putts and there ya go. Hitting the ball good though, just need to work on putting.

Wow dude you playing the big boy tees with a 232 yd par 3 :blob:... Good round Marc and keep up the good work and practice :thumb:

42/42
i cant hit a green to save my life... my only birdie was a chip in
got paired with a couple of senior ladies who almost got domed 2x's by the same group and we heard no trace of "Fore" in the least
hit some big big drives and wasted every single one of them... 3 wedges into greens after a massive teeshot and it went duff/thin/yank
guess it coulda been alot worse... i only lost 1 ball today and thats always a good thing

Shot 41-40 today for an 80. Opened the first three holes -1 and should have been -2 and it would have been the difference. I certainly felt like i shot a 79 or a 78 by the putts i was making and everything. I played better than my scorecard but i can't wait for sunday, can't wait to play again

Played in the weekly golf league at work last night. I will say that it was not my best performance. Opening hole, I slice it right into the driving range, drop hit 3 and proceed to duff a 5 iron to 75 yards out. Second hole, I crush a mashie right down the middle about 215. Proceed to hosel rocket a 9I from 150. These 2 holes were basically how I played the whole night. Shot a 50. UGH :banghead:

I didn't track every hole, but I'd had to say probably right around 100. It sucks. It really freaking sucks. Then again, this is the first round I played with my new swing and it was very off and on. Almost to the point where I picked up after 9 and was going to go the range or home or anywhere but playing with my friends. I was embarrassed for me and them. I had good holes and I had crappy holes. The last four holes tho, I had it. Decent off the tee, good course management and two GIR. I think I went +2 on the last five holes. The swing was there. I don't where the heck it was for the first 13 holes.

I know it's going to get much, much worse before I even get better. But, at least with my previous swing/setup - even with all of the flaws, I was shooting high 80s/low 90s. Now with my proper setup/swing - no dipping or turning too far, I was playing like garbage for some reason.

But like I said, it'll get better with time/practice. I can't expect to shoot 85 or whatever the first 18 I play with a retooled swing.

Whew, glad that round is over.

85 on 17 holes. Didn't play the par 4 first hole and when I came back around there were too many to play it.

Hit a small bucket this morning....really working on weight shift...been getting too steep at impact. So I hit the course about 10am....midweek it's pretty empty and it's HOT! it hit 100 about 1pm. Anyways, I am playing by myself and nobody around me so I play two balls and keep score on each. I am just working my way around the course and since I am keeping two scores, I literally lost track of how well or badly I was playing.

Got to the clubhouse....got a nice cold beer and added up the card.

Ball #1 44 + 42 = 86
Ball #2 41 + 40 = 81 !!!! another near miss at breaking 80

I predict I will hit that magic number sometime in the month of July!!

Oh and new handicaps come out tomorrow....time to see if I dropped again this month :D

I shot 88 at Healy Point (Canongate course in Macon, GA) today. This is the course that whupped my butt good a few months ago. I missed 3 putts from 2-3 feet today. What the heck! I had 35 putts with several 3 putts. Fast greens and misreads!

I had one awesome hole though! An eagle on a par 5 after a really good drive, 2nd shot to 10' below hole, and made the putt!

Driver was 13/14 (stayed behind ball and quit swaying)
35 putts

I get to play this course again tomorrow with a different group of ladies.

40-37

Good job Marc! Dang, that's a long par 3 hole. Those Cobra snakes sure like water. Just ask Ole Gray. :D

Played Iron Valley Golf Club in Lebanon, PA. Wow what a challenging course. shot a 46 on the front and 43 on the back for a 89. Greens were just impossible today they were very fast and so hard to read! Everyone in my foursome got frustrated with the greens a couple of times. Also had some trouble getting off the box on the first 5 holes then i straightened out my drives and was crushing them like normal. First time playing there and there were a lot of elevation changes that i wasn't sure about and the wind also was messing with my wedges. glad i can put this round behind me on Monday.

Shot 95 yesterday with my grandpa... Good news no triples or over. Bad news, only two pars and tons of doubles. Oh well can't beat playing 18 with papa jay.

shots a couple of 41's, and a 43 or two. I wasn't really keeping track after awhile. My main purpose is to vent because this week I have developed the nastiest hook i've ever seen. everything goes left with the driver, often times a weak duck hook.. This has caused me great concern as my miss off the tee ever since I started golfing was a fade/slice to the right. I know what to feel in how to fix it. This hook has me totally flustered.
I was fine, golfing about average last week, took the weekend off for this weekend fiesta we had, came back monday and played a few holes (in a lot of wind), hit the ball terribly. Came back and have been at the course practicing all afternoon the past 3 days (which is normally plenty for me to find my swing again) and this hook is just kicking my butt. totally flummoxed

Played 9 and shot +5. Much better than I have been playing!

Started out today with a mildly embarrassing double/bogey/double, but managed to recover and shoot 42/38 - 80.

I am really not feeling my iron game right now.. Not a lot of confidence. Probably need to get a lesson here soon.

Started out today with a mildly embarrassing double/bogey/double, but managed to recover and shoot 42/38 - 80.

I am really not feeling my iron game right now.. Not a lot of confidence. Probably need to get a lesson here soon.

the Nike's will take care of that!

I shot 88 at Healy Point (Canongate course in Macon, GA) today. This is the course that whupped my butt good a few months ago. I missed 3 putts from 2-3 feet today. What the heck! I had 35 putts with several 3 putts. Fast greens and misreads!

I had one awesome hole though! An eagle on a par 5 after a really good drive, 2nd shot to 10' below hole, and made the putt!

Driver was 13/14 (stayed behind ball and quit swaying)
35 putts

I get to play this course again tomorrow with a different group of ladies.

Way to go! Nothing like an eagle, good for the score (and feels good too)

Skunks are no picnic. My father was sprayed by one and had that stink on him and a taste he couldn't describe for close to a week. I'd run too. I miss Summer leagues...so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back