What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
88 today.
That's with a snowman on the par 4 9th. :at-wits-end:
Dangit!

-2 under 70 in a one man scramble today at a fairly tough course. I should have been much lower and had plenty of chances, but really didn't fare all that bad on the field, finishing in the 1st flight and only 4 strokes of the leader.

Well my personal goal for the summer was to break 100. Shot a 96 yesterday and a 94 this afternoon. Have been using the 13 degree Callaway Diablo Draw driver and the Diablo edge irons, 4,5,6 Diablo Edge hybrids, 5,7 Diablo Fairway woods, PING putter, Top Flight Distance XL balls. The great equipment compared to what I was using 25 years ago has made a huge difference. Also playing without qualms of conscience, from the Gold Tees ( age 62.8). Actually am liking the game this go around. Appreciating the advice and tips gained from the forum too. Thanks.

Well my personal goal for the summer was to break 100. Shot a 96 yesterday and a 94 this afternoon. Have been using the 13 degree Callaway Diablo Draw driver and the Diablo edge irons, 4,5,6 Diablo Edge hybrids, 5,7 Diablo Fairway woods, PING putter, Top Flight Distance XL balls. The great equipment compared to what I was using 25 years ago has made a huge difference. Also playing without qualms of conscience, from the Gold Tees ( age 62.8). Actually am liking the game this go around. Appreciating the advice and tips gained from the forum too. Thanks.

Congrats on the nice rounds. Sounds like your already well ahead of schedule.

Congrats Doc on reaching your goal and now focus on breaking 90. You can do it buddy!

I love it when someone reaches out to better themselves and makes it! Congratulations!

I shot 45 and pulled a muscle in my back hitting off hardpan on my 2nd shot last hole. I was to play 18, but was hobbling and barely able to push my cart.

You guys are great! Thanks.
Hope your back feels better soon.

Yesterday I was able to set a new personal best! I played Dairy Creek(69.9/124) in San Luis Obispo, CA. My previous best round at this course was a 91 and my best round overall on any course was an 88. I started out strong on the front and shot a 41 and the back was a roller coaster of a 45, my new best is an 86! The front was a par fest with no birdies, the back was funny because I birdied two holes but had 5 doubles! To cap it off I missed a short (3 foot) par put on 18! It's good to know that there is definite room for improvement and strokes to get back. I must say, the new equipment is making my life easier. My driver was consistent up the middle and between 250-280 (with one downhill bomb of 295) and the approach shots into the green were pretty solid. My course management is being completely reworked as the drives set me up for different shots than I'm used to. All in all, life is good!

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Had my best round ever this morning. Shot a 92 (42/50) after shooting my previously low score of 96 last Sunday morning. It rained on us the last 3 holes. Putting wasn't too good, left two literally an inch short of the cup. The weekly lesson and range time is really paying off. My short game was pretty good today, had several chips close to the hole and the highlight of my round was a chip in birdie from about 20' off of the green.

Yesterday I was able to set a new personal best! I played Dairy Creek(69.9/124) in San Luis Obispo, CA. My previous best round at this course was a 91 and my best round overall on any course was an 88. I started out strong on the front and shot a 41 and the back was a roller coaster of a 45, my new best is an 86! The front was a par fest with no birdies, the back was funny because I birdied two holes but had 5 doubles! To cap it off I missed a short (3 foot) par put on 18! It's good to know that there is definite room for improvement and strokes to get back. I must say, the new equipment is making my life easier. My driver was consistent up the middle and between 250-280 (with one downhill bomb of 295) and the approach shots into the green were pretty solid. My course management is being completely reworked as the drives set me up for different shots than I'm used to. All in all, life is good!

Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Congrats on a great round. It sure is a lot more fun when you play up to your potential.

Shot a 79!!! First time in the 70's all year! Birdied 18 for it! 7/14 fairways, 10/18 GIR, 32 putts. Feels great!

One of my senior friends who is a 6 handicapper, challenged me to a quarter a hole bet for nine more holes after we all finished 18 today. Did he beat me? Yep. Did he give me any strokes? Nope. Am I going to whup his arse tomorrow? Yep :thumb: He won four skins which is a buck but I am going to go after him like a flea hugging a dog tomorrow :deadhorse:. I am going to get my dollar back :golf2:

Update after the round today: I played decent golf and was proud for not getting blown out of the water. This guy I am playing today was one stroke off the course record a few years back when he shot a 62. Now he is a 6 handicapper and and still gets the ball around pretty darn good! My first nine was a 42 which is ok for my handicap and my last nine was a 38 which gave me a 80 for the round. My friend shot 39 + 37 for a 77. As we stood on the 18th tee I was down 4 skins which (4 x .25) was only a dollar. We play dots for holes, greenies and birdies. He ask me if I wanted to press to see if I could wash the bet or he would end up with two bucks. I said sure what heck as I can always get a loan from KellyBo for the other dollar :D. We both hit really good drives on the par five 18th. I pulled my 2nd shot to the left of the green. He hit his second shot on the green. I chip on and two putt for par and he two putts for birdie. :angry:

It was a fun round and with him being a six capper and myself being a 13 I was not too embarrassed until...

Spoiler
We played nine more holes and he had four birdies and one bogey for a 33 and I had a 44 :banghead:

Did I learn my lesson? No. Am I goiing to play him again tomorrow? Yes. Am I going to play him straight up? NO -- I getting my fricking strokes tomorrow :D

had my worst round in a year today, could not seem to keep the ball out of the hazards, a few birds out there but still shot 90, talk about a handicap killer. Hilton Head island is way different than my home in Orlando with the wind, really have to flight your shots well.

Really excited to play Harbourtown on thursday, home of the RBC Heritage :golf3:

to cap off my horrible day I broke my 9 iron, second Taylormade MC head to fly off, gonna be calling TM as soon as I get Home

Shot a 79!!! First time in the 70's all year! Birdied 18 for it! 7/14 fairways, 10/18 GIR, 32 putts. Feels great!

Awesome dude! Great round.

Me on the other hand, I was off on most of my game today.. 40/44 - 84 and honestly I deserved for it to be way worse.

Just one of those days where everything is long or short.. Approach shots go to the one place of the green or area around the green that makes the next shot a scramble and not a chance for birdie... Tee shot wasn't sure whether it was going to be a fade or a hook... Slowly ironed a few things out as the round went on, but I just couldn't get into a rhythm at all.

Had a horrible round hit a 52 on the front 9 and only played the first 3 of the back 9 then stopped (the 12th is next to the clubhouse).
My irons were weak and not accurate, my hybrid was ok but the unwanted slice was back :( I didnt even attempt my driver as it would have gone horribly wrong. The putting was poor (alot of 3 putts) I hit 1 fairway and 1 GIR (on the par 3 9th that i then 3 putted)...
Not a good day

Shot 38-38 = 76 today. And I know I could have had maybe a 74 had I been on the green in two on some holes. Didn't have any double bogeys and manged 4 birdies. First 5 holes I was -2 and then 4 straight bogeys but managed to keep a good round going. Needing a par on 18 I hooked it into the woods but then chipped up/out. Sitting about 70-80 yards out I hit my 64* wedge full and landed it 4 feet from the cup for a nice round ending par.

Happy july 4th all! also..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe5FocP8pgY

86 today with 7 three putts. Take em away and I have my first score below 80 at 79, lol. 8 GIR. Started the round with a chip in birdie too. Oh well, I really feel like I am right there too. (7 three putts here in one round after 4 straight florida rounds, and 2 cali rounds before that with no 3 putts.)

Shot a not too satisfying 92 today. 49/43. Need to get my act together soon..

Tappin' for world peace!

Shot a 116. Never found a rhthym and could not hit any second shots. On a course that demanded accuracy and length over ravines, I had neither, and traded about a half dozen of my balls for other folks' half dozen balls while looking for mine. Had one great par on a downhill paR 3, and putted a 20 footer from the fringe to save a bogey, but so many poor second (third/fourth, fat chips that went five feet, etc.). I'm ready to get back to a flatter, more forgiving course next.

91 (45+46) for my lowest round of the year. Missed a bunch of easy short par putts... arg! Chipped one in for par though from off the green and under a tree. Best shot of the round! Overall, feeling pretty good about my game. Still hopeful that it can all come together one day for the elusive 80-something..

Update after the round today: I played decent golf and was proud for not getting blown out of the water. This guy I am playing today was one stroke off the course record a few years back when he shot a 62. Now he is a 6 handicapper and and still gets the ball around pretty darn good! My first nine was a 42 which is ok for my handicap and my last nine was a 38 which gave me a 80 for the round. My friend shot 39 + 37 for a 77. As we stood on the 18th tee I was down 4 skins which (4 x .25) was only a dollar. We play dots for holes, greenies and birdies. He ask me if I wanted to press to see if I could wash the bet or he would end up with two bucks. I said sure what heck as I can always get a loan from KellyBo for the other dollar :D. We both hit really good drives on the par five 18th. I pulled my 2nd shot to the left of the green. He hit his second shot on the green. I chip on and two putt for par and he two putts for birdie. :angry:

It was a fun round and with him being a six capper and myself being a 13 I was not too embarrassed until...

Spoiler
We played nine more holes and he had four birdies and one bogey for a 33 and I had a 44 :banghead:

Did I learn my lesson? No. Am I goiing to play him again tomorrow? Yes. Am I going to play him straight up? NO -- I getting my fricking strokes tomorrow :D

Way to hang in there until the last 9 OG but I am afraid if you keep knocking heads with that dude you may have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the plantation. :D

Shot an 86 today. man I just can't seem to break that barrier. Oh I guess I just keep plugging away...

Front nine I really don`t wont to talk about, I could not get a decent shot in before hole 6 and then everything turned to the better. The back nine I shot a 40 wich I`m prettey happy with. Ok, the course is a par 68, but 6 over on the back is pretty good to be me.

Spoiler

Sounds like your game is in good shape, just need to work on first tee negotiation skills. :beat-up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back