What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to hang in there until the last 9 OG but I am afraid if you keep knocking heads with that dude you may have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the plantation. :D

Wrong oh you of little faith!!!!! I played him again today and got my 2 shots per side and WON :D:blob::clapp::drinks::golf2::guitar::present::thankyou::thumb:!!!! I shot a 78 and won a dollar back :bananadance:which does not sound like much but it made my day!!! I DID IT so yep on the 4th of July I whupped the bully who is always whupping my arse on the golf course!

Now if I can hook up a match with myself & JB vs TC & Hawk it would make my year :blob:

Ahhhhhh, I see. You were using the old hustler trick of letting the opponent think they are better, or at least stand a chance and then you lowered the boom. Smart stragedy my friend. And congrats on a very nice 78, you probably would have beat him heads up.

Naw buddy this guy can wipe my arse with a pop up Kleenex any day of the week! I just got lucky and it really made my day and especially after all the abuse he has given me the last couple of days. Don't worry Dawg,,,,I will set up a game where you can try your skills against THE man

This mornings round wasn't great...no flirting with breaking 80 today. I think my course thought since it was a holiday and they would get lots of out of town play ( we get lots of play from Houston residents looking for new places to play) that they were going to show off! The pins were in the toughest spot on every green! Tucked behind bunkers, on top of ridges, 2 or 3 paces over water hazards...it was rough!

Ok, enough excuses....I shot 46 + 41 for a disappointing 91.... A full 10 strokes worse than yesterday.

Home from Myrtle, only got to play 3 rounds and it really shows not playing for almost 5 weeks. Spent a good amount of times at the range. First round at Glen Dornich shot a 103, that was my first round back after injury. 2nd round was Heather Glen, I absolutely love this course. Shot a 94 there with 5, yes 5 drops. Last course I played was Farmstead, pretty fun course with with #18 being a par 6. Of course I bogeyed it, on in 4 and 3 putt. My new TM Ghost putter feels so good, I was burning the edge on so many putts. I had way to many 3 putts, now I just need to adjust the weight on the putter. My HC is going to be through the roof with these rounds, hopefully get it back down this week.

Shot a one under par 71 for my first round under par ever!!! Never thought the day would come that I would do that! Celebrating with a cold glass of moo juice!

Had a terrible day of golf today! 1 par on a par 3, and that's 2 putt, missed an easy one.
1 bogey on a par 5, other than that... the rest of the 9 I played was terrible, with the occasional good shot.
55 on 9

Left a few out there tonight

Whiteflield.png

I'm happy with this, lemme tell ya!
This course is one of the toughest in the area and it's the first time I broke 90 on the dang thing!
Southern Hills GC, Hawkinsville, Ga
Capture.jpg

Ever notice, that no matter what the score is - good or bad, there's always that one shot that makes you want to go back............

81 today. Wet, wet, wet 81 haha! Dried up 3/4 of the way through the first nine and my back nine score (39) made it pretty obvious that I prefer to play in dry weather haha!

Was also a part of a 4 man best ball tournament where we the scores taken were 2/3/2/3/2/3/2/3/4 on both 9s.. Surprisingly, our group really didn't struggle on those holes, but REALLY struggled on some of the 3 ball holes..

Only got to play the front 9 b/c my wife joined me (waiting for our offer on a house to get a response, so she wanted to get out of the apartment lol), and she got a bad blister. I shot a 42 on the front, which isn't bad considering I had 4 three putts, and wasn't paying much attention b/c I was trying to help her so much lol. Was fun though. Poor wife should have had 4 pars, but 3-putt 4 times when starting for birdie. Not bad considering she hasn't played in a year and plays only 2 or 3 times most years.

Followed up my Saturday low-score-tying 79 with a new low score--78--today! If I could putt worth a darn, I might actually be pretty decent!

hot in nw ohio today shot 85 and beat the bullfrog all is well

played 9 after work with the new sticks
if it wasnt for a triple(duck hook into the lake) and a lousy 3 putt for bogey... i woulda shot even par!
2 back to back birdie chip ins today was a plus

81 today in 15 MPH wind. Had 37 putts, including a 4 putt on the 3rd hole. Left shots out there today, but was happy with how I played overall.

Wrong oh you of little faith!!!!! I played him again today and got my 2 shots per side and WON :D:blob::clapp::drinks::golf2::guitar::present::thankyou::thumb:!!!! I shot a 78 and won a dollar back :bananadance:which does not sound like much but it made my day!!! I DID IT so yep on the 4th of July I whupped the bully who is always whupping my arse on the golf course!

Now if I can hook up a match with myself & JB vs TC & Hawk it would make my year :blob:

Way to go! I was on the way to getting my dollar back today too, one over after 5 but he was three over then Mother Nature gave us a tremendous fireworks show and sent us home. Hope this weather is better tomorrow, we are planning on heading over to Old Union in the morning. (fingers crossed here)

I'm happy with this, lemme tell ya!
This course is one of the toughest in the area and it's the first time I broke 90 on the dang thing!
Southern Hills GC, Hawkinsville, Ga
Capture.jpg

Good going T0AD, I agree, that is a tough course and breaking 90 is not easy.

Shot an 82 today.

New irons and new putter. Finally broke 90 again with an 87! Cross Creek Golf Club down in MD.

6,095yds par 70

Played with fellow THP'er Buckjob today and had a blast. Shot 90 (46/44) with 35 putts. Played mostly bogie golf but had 4 doubles (2 on par 3's), 2 pars and a birdie. Tee game was a little erratic today but didn't completely kill me as most of my approach/scramble shots were on or near the green. Wedges were real crisp today and irons were pretty consistent. Putting really let me down today as I couldn't get a good feel for the ball I was testing out (Callaway HX Diablo) and ended up leaving a lot of putts out there which would have netted me some more pars instead of bogeys.

Overall I was pleased with the round as I kept penalties low (2) and played smart golf where I'd leave myself in good position to take advantage of my short game today. Played to a lot of numbers and was smart with course management today. Buckjob was a blast to play with. Dude hits the ball a long way and is almost always in the fairway with his tee shots, takes divots the size of toupees, and launches lob wedges 120 yds with accuracy. Looking forward to teeing it up with him again

Last edited:
who is this buckshot character you are talking about? doesn't even know my screen name yet lmao and 120 with a lob wedge geeze that's a i caught a fish this big story if i ever heard one. lol

Played an unexpected 36 holes today. played a 6010 yd par 70 in the morning shot an 82 and 36 putts. drives were a little erratic earlier in the round but got it straightened out had 2 birdies and 7 pars. and drained a 40 foot putt to save par on the one par 3. 2 of my double bogeys were from holes that i was in the sand traps that had NO sand in them and i skulled the balls out of them because i hit behind and the ball shot across the greens. was frustrating cause my sand game isn't that bad and its so hard to pick the ball clean off of dry hard dirt! Anyway while on hole 13 on my first round Hanks texted me and asked if i was interesting in playing 18... of course i was as soon as i finished my first round. got done around 4 and met him a half hour later at the next course.

6095 yds par 70 shot an 81 and had 39 putts. had two 3 putts on the first couple greens i should have hit the practice green a little to get re adjusted to the greens on the second course but i wanted to try to get another 18 before it got dark. 3 birdies and 6 pars. had a couple blow up holes. and had a couple buck putts where i left it less than an inch short of the hole. but for being tired and with only having eaten half a hot dog for breakfast at the first course. i thought i did ok. it was great playing with another THP golfer and talked a lot of golf and products and how Hanks got his start here and stuff he was testing out. He is a good guy and had a blast playing with him. im sure we will be out on the links again soon. hopefully without the 18th hole interuption we had today (pics coming soon). All in all i had a great day and glad i got to play 36 on the 4th. might have to make it a yearly thing from now on.

my bad man....I had 'bucky ball, buck shot, buck job, and your real name all in my head as I was typing lol good times yesterday man....

who is this buckshot character you are talking about? doesn't even know my screen name yet lmao and 120 with a lob wedge geeze that's a i caught a fish this big story if i ever heard one. lol

Played an unexpected 36 holes today. played a 6010 yd par 70 in the morning shot an 82 and 36 putts. drives were a little erratic earlier in the round but got it straightened out had 2 birdies and 7 pars. and drained a 40 foot putt to save par on the one par 3. 2 of my double bogeys were from holes that i was in the sand traps that had NO sand in them and i skulled the balls out of them because i hit behind and the ball shot across the greens. was frustrating cause my sand game isn't that bad and its so hard to pick the ball clean off of dry hard dirt! Anyway while on hole 13 on my first round Hanks texted me and asked if i was interesting in playing 18... of course i was as soon as i finished my first round. got done around 4 and met him a half hour later at the next course.

6095 yds par 70 shot an 81 and had 39 putts. had two 3 putts on the first couple greens i should have hit the practice green a little to get re adjusted to the greens on the second course but i wanted to try to get another 18 before it got dark. 3 birdies and 6 pars. had a couple blow up holes. and had a couple buck putts where i left it less than an inch short of the hole. but for being tired and with only having eaten half a hot dog for breakfast at the first course. i thought i did ok. it was great playing with another THP golfer and talked a lot of golf and products and how Hanks got his start here and stuff he was testing out. He is a good guy and had a blast playing with him. im sure we will be out on the links again soon. hopefully without the 18th hole interuption we had today (pics coming soon). All in all i had a great day and glad i got to play 36 on the 4th. might have to make it a yearly thing from now on.

I really enjoyed my round yesterday with forum member D_Dub and his wife. We played at a nine hole course in a small town a few miles away, Crooked Creek, thats always a blast to play at. The course is really plush this year with some of the nicest greens I've ever played on. Extremely fast yet very soft, approach shots into these greens made you have to be very agressive. Seldom does any shot to the green roll out more that a foot or so and often times the ball sucked back a ways. I shot a 42 on the first nine which included one OB on a par three where my next shot, #3, almost sucked back into the hole.

After that nine we joined everyone at the club house for a fun $5 per person scramble. Dub hadn't played his best on the first nine, but came out gunning for the scramble and had some great shots. His putting made a huge difference for the team, save our butts a few times and his wife had a few shots that got us out of trouble. I was pretty much just there for the ride, lol. It was a nice 4th of July!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back