What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing in a 2 man 'schamble' tournament tomorrow at our club. My partner is a friend of mine that is about a 16 handicap. This schamble involves both players hitting from the tee. For the 2nd shot, you then hit the ball that your partner hit off the tee (both players). From there, you pick the best ball (3rd shot) and alternate shots on that ball till the hole is finished.

Never played in something like this before so should be intersting. Might be in some interesting places tomorrow on that 2nd shot (and sure he will be saying the same!)
Only shamble I've played, you both hit drives and picked the best and then played your own ball from there.

A smooth 82 today. Haven't played or practiced in a while but shot a 45, 37. The back 9 felt pretty good 3 birds, 4 bogies, and 2 pars.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some practice time in over the holidays, work's been crazy busy.

I shot 40 on the front and 47 on the back today for an 87. I had two holes that eat my lunch on the back side because of poor tee shots and paid my dues :at-wits-end:

didnt keep track of score cuz after a lesson i knew it would be a bogeyfest
all i know is the par5s were not good
par4s werent too much better
par3s were decent

I played today after a lesson earlier in the week as well. Isn't it amazing how the bogeys run ramapant after a lesson. It was an awful day for scoring...worked on the handicap today :(

Front 9-56
mid 9-55
back 9-50

90 today. Rough day all around.

Solid off the tee
Solid putting
Below average chipping
Fats within 120

Winds steady at 25 with gusts to 40 plus did not help! Planning for better tomorrow.

Tappin' from my iPad!

90 today. Rough day all around.

Solid off the tee
Solid putting
Below average chipping
Fats within 120

Winds steady at 25 with gusts to 40 plus did not help! Planning for better tomorrow.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Had a good day with the SeeMore, Cookie?

Had a good day with the SeeMore, Cookie?

I did. 32 putts. Zero 3 putts. Longest putt made was 12 feet on 18 but made everything within 6 feet. Lag putting was exceptional. Kinda like that Superfast fighting for a spot in the bag, huh??

Tappin' from my iPad!

Played a round with the pops after golfnow decided to screw me over with not being able to play with matt.
Shot a 79 with 37 putts. Ridiculous how putts just wouldn't fall for me after having a good amount of GIRs. Should have had a much better round.

79 in some pretty stout wind. Really sad to see the season ending and I am really starting to hit the ball well.

Are you still on a long 70's streak Jrod?

Are you still on a long 70's streak Jrod?

Nope I got beat up twice last week. Once on my home course shooting an 82 and then shot an 84 at TPC. Wasn't as bad as it sounded though being as I was playing in 25-30 MPH winds gusting to 40. Plus I had two four putts (LOL). My ball striking is just unbelievable at the moment.

Played Oak Mountain State Park course today, first time since 1976!! Got paired up with a nice Father /Son team for 18. Shot an 87, which is good for me since I had not broken 100 till this summer. Wedges working pretty well today, as was Ghost Spider belly putter. Fun day.

77 today in a 25 mph wind, interesting day. Missed about 5 birdie putts that were makeable so it could have been a lot better.

I did. 32 putts. Zero 3 putts. Longest putt made was 12 feet on 18 but made everything within 6 feet. Lag putting was exceptional. Kinda like that Superfast fighting for a spot in the bag, huh??

Tappin' from my iPad!
It knows you are thinking of another putter (especially since you've already ordered it). Nice round on the putting. My new goal is to have NO 3 putts. Easier said than done though.

i played 12 holes today and the best way to describe how i played was "shocking".....

i tagged along with 3 friends and not that i'm using excuses but i reckon because i've been playing most of my golf of late on my own i think it put me off a bit.anyway i started off with a horrendous tee shot on the 1st and 2nd but somehow managed to make bogey on both holes,then at the 9th i hit 2 drives and lost both balls.i finished roughly +7 for the 12 holes and one of the guys i was playing with got up and down 6 times,from everywhere...the only place he didn't get up and down from was a tree but i reckon he could.i think that put me off because i'm usually half decent with my short game but not today,i didn't get up and down once.

Last edited:
I shot a 74 today from our white tees. I had four birdies and struck the ball very solid. I was proud of my round to say the least but since it was a home course round it does not carry the same clout as could have :0(.

44/48. Bad off the tee. But had 31 putts. 14 on the front. My short game is good right now. Everything else I'm trying to get up to par

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I got out today to play. I was hitting fairways and playing not too bad in the heavy wind here. The temp dropped and it started to snow... light flurry. I left after nine when I tweaked my back on the approach to a par 5. Shot a 38 (+3). I hit some real nice approaches 6' or less. Had a blow-up hole. Tee shot OOB... hit third to a good spot...fourth I misjudged the wind left it just short (wind knocked down my knockdown)... fifth on...6 lip out and seven in.

Alex

47/41
Couple of blowup holes on front. I played better than it would appear.

I shot pretty well considering the wind. I had a lot of nice shots that I played the wind to bring it back and it worked out pretty well today. I shot a 40/44 for an 84. With 30mph winds and gusts up to 45-50, I'm extremely happy!

86 44 / 42 November in Michigan.

We had a 2-3 club wind today. Played really well considering. Putting was good.
41+42=83

42-44 Big-time wind today but that wasn't my problem.....could not buy a putt. 38 of em...4-putted 2 holes and 3-putted 2 more.

I did pull out 2 birdies for the day though. One of which was a near-miss on an eagle. With a little more effort, I should have broken 80 today but overall, I am happy with the result

Only shamble I've played, you both hit drives and picked the best and then played your own ball from there.
It was interesting....my partner had 8 holes where he either hit it OB/water or I had at least a 220 yard 2nd shot to the green. 3 par 3's he went 0-3 in greens hit and the other 7 holes I had a swing on his drive I hit 5 greens. We ended up shooting 1 over on the front and 9 over on the back. We had 2 holes on the back we went double/triple bogey. Ouch. We finished 4th in our flight only to miss out of 3rd by a group that had a hole n one on their last hole that jumped us. Nice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back