What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got out after 2 weeks of not playing. 38 on my home course which was ok but what I loved was finally driving the green on the par 4 2nd hole. It's a short one of 260 yds & I have been close before but never hit the green. Nailed a beautiful shot & it landed right on the fringe & rolled past the hole. Course I missed the eagle putt:angry: and had to settle for birdie.

Almost did the same thing on the 5th hole which is another short par 4 of 255 yds, but came up about 4 yds shy.

Finally got out after 2 weeks of not playing. 38 on my home course which was ok but what I loved was finally driving the green on the par 4 2nd hole. It's a short one of 260 yds & I have been close before but never hit the green. Nailed a beautiful shot & it landed right on the fringe & rolled past the hole. Course I missed the eagle putt:angry: and had to settle for birdie.

Almost did the same thing on the 5th hole which is another short par 4 of 255 yds, but came up about 4 yds shy.

Sounds like maybe you need to move back ....those short tees are :cake:

Sounds like maybe you need to move back ....those short tees are :cake:

Those are the back tee's on those holes. It's a 9 hole course that measures 2900 yds from the back tee's. Any further back & i'm in the road.:D

I shot a 104, a 50 on the front and 54 on the back. Is that a good score for an amature? I usually shoot around that every time I play!

Shot an 85 in a 2/3 club south wind. Knock down shot is working, just not a lot of distance with it. 5 holes were against the wind, 3 holes with the wind, and the rest were cross wind holes. Had a few putts that were effected by this wind. It was a good day as I did not lose any balls. :clapp:

Great stuff Dyna. We had a hole like that at my old club. 278 par 4 and it was completely surrounded by water.

Great stuff Dyna. We had a hole like that at my old club. 278 par 4 and it was completely surrounded by water.

The short par 4's don't get any lovin. Some act as if they are somehow lesser holes & not up to their extreme talents, yet I see tons of folks getting double bogeys or worse on them.

The short par 4's don't get any lovin. Some act as if they are somehow lesser holes & not up to their extreme talents, yet I see tons of folks getting double bogeys or worse on them.

On my old course it was the 4th hardest hole there based on member stats. You miss right or left at all and you were wet. The fairway was VERY narrow. Nothing wrong with short holes.

Shot an 85 in a 2/3 club south wind. Knock down shot is working, just not a lot of distance with it. 5 holes were against the wind, 3 holes with the wind, and the rest were cross wind holes. Had a few putts that were effected by this wind. It was a good day as I did not lose any balls. :clapp:

I played in that wind today also! Played at Silverstone, Valley/Desert and shot a 93. I did lose 2 balls though. We had some gusts up to 40mph up here and constant 15-25mph while I was out here. I love it in the wind! So many shots that were just so close to being great shots in the wind, but misjudged just slightly and ended up in green side bunkers or the wind died down just as I was swinging and ended up with too much club. That and my putting was horrific.

I imagine you did play in the wind. If it is windy at Desert Rose, Silverstone would really be catching it. Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse the weather guy is saying. I'll be at Desert Rose again tomorrow in the morning. Hopefully the wind won't get real bad till the afternoon. :clapp:
I played in that wind today also! Played at Silverstone, Valley/Desert and shot a 93. I did lose 2 balls though. We had some gusts up to 40mph up here and constant 15-25mph while I was out here. I love it in the wind! So many shots that were just so close to being great shots in the wind, but misjudged just slightly and ended up in green side bunkers or the wind died down just as I was swinging and ended up with too much club. That and my putting was horrific.

I only suggested you move back because you are driving the greens. Short par 4s are a lot of fun, I agree with that. I can remember the first time I drove it onto a 260 yard par 4 at the little 9 hole pitch and putt when I was first learning how to play. I still remember that shot, the weather that day, the ball I was using, which club, everything, even what bag I had at the time, and that was what - 40 years ago? My most recent green drive came on the par 4 7th hole at Tenison Park Highlands here in Dallas about a month ago. Missed the eagle putt by inches.

I imagine you did play in the wind. If it is windy at Desert Rose, Silverstone would really be catching it. Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse the weather guy is saying. I'll be at Desert Rose again tomorrow in the morning. Hopefully the wind won't get real bad till the afternoon. :clapp:

I am playing Boulder Creek tomorrow at 11:30am. It will be my first time out there, so I have to get ready for the tournament there next month. I hope it isn't as windy tomorrow as it was today. I do know it is supposed to get pretty windy tonight though.

A disastrous 88.

42 on the front and 46 on the back. This new course that we joined is the tightest course I have ever played by far.

Another disastrous 86.
42 on the front and 44 on the back. The back tees of the new course play at 6200 yards or so and it is a killer. Tightest fairways I have ever played by far.

87 -- 43 & 44

Notable today was having only two double-bogeys. New low for me!

and I'm working on eliminating the triple bogeys, I have only had 1 round this year where I didn't have at least one 7 on a par 4 happened on 7/8/09 49 & 45 with 37 putts total. 11 double bogeys and 7 bogeys that day.

42 yesterday afternoon and fired a terrible 44 today, 5 par and 4 double bogey's. On the double bogey holes I hit at least 1 terrible shot per hole that ruined it for me.

Broke 80 for the first time on Thursday. I shot a 78 on a par 71 course. Big improvement from when I began... I couldn't break 110.

I shot a 43 on 7 holes. May not sound great, but i 8-10'd my first few holes.
After my 3rd hole, I hit my FIRST PAR OF THE YEAR on a 189yard par 3. After that my clubs were on fire. I even over shot 2 greens cuz i wasnt used to my clubs hitting like that. Overall I was impressed, and know that if it wouldnt have gotten so dark, I woulda had one of my best rounds yet!

Last edited:
I shot a 104, a 50 on the front and 54 on the back. Is that a good score for an amature? I usually shoot around that every time I play!

That's about average for an amateur. That's about 1.7 shoots over par each hole. Work on chipping and putting it closer to the hole and you can knock about 6 or 7 of them stokes off and you will be in the 90's...even if the rest of your game remains the same. If you can shoot one over par every hole you will be 90. A couple of scratch holes and break into the 80's Nothing to it...:D

It was the first time I had touched a club in over a month today. I shot a 99 in 25 mph winds with 37 putts. I cant believe it was that long between rounds.

An interesting 84. I shot 44 and 40. I could not find a fairway, but the rest of the game was working well it seems.

I shot a 55 on the front nine and then stopped keeping score. I was hitting some good shots, just not compensating enough for the wind or compensating too much. I got to hit my new R9 3w though, and I LOVE IT! It is the 1st 3w I have been able to hit consistently. I pulled that baby out every chance I could. My playing partner just bought the Cobra L5V driver and S91 3w and absolutely hates them. Today was the first day hitting them and he just couldn't get any loft out of them. He is playing an older driver and 3w from Cobra, so we were really surprised of the difference. On the driver he went up a degree to 9.5, the 3w I believe is the same. Really weird as he is a good golfer at a 7 index with no practice ever. He plays about twice a month and like clockwork is usually a 79-82 no matter which course we are on, sometimes he will throw down a 70-73. Makes me sick as I work on my game constantly and am not even close to him.

I got to hit my new R9 3w though, and I LOVE IT! It is the 1st 3w I have been able to hit consistently. I pulled that baby out every chance I could. .

That club is amazing, its my favorite one in my bag.

That club is amazing, its my favorite one in my bag.

I see you have the Cobra driver my buddy just got. How do you like it? Did you replace a prior version Cobra driver with the L5V? I don't know his exact older driver, it is about 3 years old, but he would hit that one about 260ish with a med-high ball flight. This new one, he struggled to get it in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back