What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 36 holes on same course:

Rond #1: 96

Round #2: 90

103... 49 front 54 back...
the wind was brutal... at least a 3 club wind... like playing in a tornado that stopped and started at the drop of a hat... i was either flying greens or coming up wayyy short... the only thing that worked today was putting...
lost 3 balls... couldnt chip... found 2 traps that took 4 shots to blind me even with sunglasses on... grit in my teeth...

every bounce i had today was a bad bounce... i mean literally... id hit a great shot that should split the fw and it would hit a sprinkler head and careen into the woods... my brother hit a tree and would land in the middle of the fw... id hit one and it would bounce straight back -75yrds...
i found everything on the course that i wasnt supposed to hit... sprinkler heads/trees/pinecones/150 stick/cartpath/ other fw's etc etc...

the only good thing i can take away from today is that i hit 5 girs for 5 pars... so i accomplished a goal of mine that the scorecard just didnt reflect

86 today on a real goat track, lol. I had played this course many years ago, but couldn't remember the layout. I hit two super drives that went over the crown of the hill on two different holes and never found either ball. It was great to get out, but this poor course had very little grass. Almost every shot was off hard pan or clover, lol.

104. Two blow up holes. But its only my 4th game this season and I like the trend..116, 110, 106 and 104.

I am sure to break 100 again this year.

86 today on a real goat track, lol. I had played this course many years ago, but couldn't remember the layout. I hit two super drives that went over the crown of the hill on two different holes and never found either ball. It was great to get out, but this poor course had very little grass. Almost every shot was off hard pan or clover, lol.

I do not care for clover. At all.

I shot an 88 yesterday in the Men's club event in 25 mph winds and 45* temps. The course was very muddy from 24 hours of rain. I three putted seven times. Terrible.

I'm going to give it a Mother's Day try again today. 58* and less than 10 mph winds. That should help. I hope. I'm also leaving the stupid Scotty home.

Kevin

Played 36 yesterday at the same course in all types of weather, including sunshine, hail and severe wind. Shot 86 and 89. Wasn't getting the typical distance with my driver and struggled with putting again. Ballstriking was spot on. Greens at this course are known as some of the quickest in Chicagoland. Last time I spoke with the folks in the golf shop, the noted that they try to get the greens as high as 12.5 on the stimpmeter.

Played 9 this afternoon. Shot a 46. Definitely left a couple out there on some of the doubles I had, but overall I felt like I hit the ball decent. I hadn't swung a club in about a month thanks to vacation and work commitments, so it definitely felt good to get out there.

i should have declared today as a practice round... shot a whopping 114... 11 strokes worse that yesterday...
banana sliced everything... even my putter(okay i lied... it was the only club in my bag that actually worked)... the wind sucked but other than driver i cant really blame the wind

The girls and I had the Mother's Day brunch buffet at our club today. Wow, was that good. Roast pig, prime rib, shrimp, mussels, big honking crab claws, all kinds of breakfast foods included fantastic American Fries. I love American fries. Quite the desert table table, too, which included a chocolate fountain. One of the items to dip in the fountain was bacon. Darn good. After eating to jsut below the point of being uncomfortable, we hit a few balls and then the course. 58*, mostly sunny, and wind only about 10 mph. That was a relief. Managed to finally break 80 for the first time this season with a 79. 8 bogeys, 8 pars, and 2 birdies. Man it felt good to not double bogey a hole. Or three. Putted okay, too, with the claw grip and the Two Ball back in the bag.

Scotty gets to stay home for awhile. Until the Two Ball acts up.

Kevin

Saturday 5/8 Gordon Lakes Island/Lake 6500 yds
Nice, breezy morning 0800 shotgun start

6 par 3 3
7 par 5 4
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 5
1 par 4 4
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 6
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4

6 par 3 4
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 4
1 par 4 5
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4

Score 39 Lake/36 Island - 75 (E)

First time playing real golf for a while. I hadn't touched a club for 8 days, and my previous two rounds were in Scramble tournaments the two previous Fridays. I did play very well in those tournaments, but I spent the past three days staining and painting the exterior of my cedar house, and all that ladder work had me expecting little on the golf course.

I started at the island green par 3, and spun my 8 iron into the front fringe 20 feet below the hole for an easy 2 putt par. Then at the next, a par 5, I chose to lay up and then stuck my LW to a foot for birdie. The next was another tough par 3 into the wind, but I stuck a sweet 6I on the back with the pin for another easy par, and just like that I had played the 3 most dangerous holes in that wind at -1. I ended up hitting 12 of 14 fairways, and hit 13 greens and was an inch off 2 more in an excellent ball-striking round, but the putter never co-operated. I had no 3 jacks in my 34 putt round, but failed to convert 7 approaches to within 12 feet, and couldn't save par from places of little difficulty on the few greens I did miss. OK, the greens were lightly aerated a few days before and were a little slow and grainy, and no one in my group made much either, so I will toss this one on my heap of 'shoulda-been' rounds and move on.

Last edited:
The girls and I had the Mother's Day brunch buffet at our club today. Wow, was that good. Roast pig, prime rib, shrimp, mussels, big honking crab claws, all kinds of breakfast foods included fantastic American Fries. I love American fries. Quite the desert table table, too, which included a chocolate fountain. One of the items to dip in the fountain was bacon. Darn good. After eating to jsut below the point of being uncomfortable, we hit a few balls and then the course. 58*, mostly sunny, and wind only about 10 mph. That was a relief. Managed to finally break 80 for the first time this season with a 79. 8 bogeys, 8 pars, and 2 birdies. Man it felt good to not double bogey a hole. Or three. Putted okay, too, with the claw grip and the Two Ball back in the bag.

Scotty gets to stay home for awhile. Until the Two Ball acts up.

Kevin

Good job breaking 80. Poor Scotty has to stay in time out though. Sounds like you guy's had a great time. I was really surprised by the course we played Saturday. Used to be an ok country course, but new owners have let it go from bad to worst. Oh well, it was worth while to get out while on the road.

Sunday 5/9 Gordon Lakes Pine 3200 yds
75 F at 1400 tee time - light breeze

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 4
4 par 3 2
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 4
7 par 5 4
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 5

Score 35 (-1)

I got home from church on Mothers Day, and was barely in the door when Mrs SAM suggested we go out and play an afternoon 9 - WHAT A MOTHER! I headed wordlessly straight to my closet and within minutes was clad in my golf togs and out the door. We ate lunch out and headed for the course.

She wanted to play the Pine View 9, which was great with me since I had played the other 2 nines yesterday. I busted one off the first tee and we were off. The ball-striking from yesterday was all there still, as I drilled an AW approach in 8 feet from the tucked pin. The putting prowess was unfortunately also still there, as I left the birdie at the front door. The next hole, the toughest on the 9, was Driver - 9I to 12 feet, and another missed birdie. That changed at the next - I striped a big drive on the par 5, and left my 3W just off the front apron, for an easy up and down birdie; then after nearly hitting the stick with my 9I on the next, I rolled down my first putt of the weekend from about 20 feet. At the fifth, I blocked my drive slightly into the right bunker, but hit a clean 7I out to about 20 feet from the rear pin for easy par. After missing the 6th, I pitched decently to 6 feet, but couldn't get that par down. On to the par 5 7th, where a big drive left 6I in from 189 - I put that in the left fringe for another easy up-and-down birdie. At the 310 yard 8th I took an aggressive line off the tee and drove to within 10 yards of the green, but my pitch that I thought I hit well didn't spin and ran well by, and I settled for par. At #9 I left AW for my approach, but made a terrrible swing and left it in the front bunker. I nearly holed the bunker shot, but trickled 6 feet past and once again left the easy uphiller just short.

It is not often I shoot under par anymore, and rarer yet to leave pretty disappointed about it, but I left what could've very easily been 30 or 31 out there today. I have just got to get myself out more and get sharper around the greens, because my ball-striking and length off the tee is the best it has been for a couple of years.

Mrs SAM struggled early in the round, but continually improved through the day, and just missed an 8 footer for par and 59 on the last green. She has played about a half dozen times now this year, the most in quite a few years, and has hovered in the low 60's each 9. I think she is ready to break back into the 50's - years back when she played a lot more she consistently shot low 50's and very occasionally the upper 40's, and I hope she stays with it this season and gets her game back to that zone. When we were done, we went in the pro shop, and took advantage of the day's Mothers Day sale for ladies - any ladies apparel at 20% off. She picked out an Ashworth shirt at $27.50, a deal for that, and the pro shop reduced it to $20 - Happy Mothers Day!

But just think, Dent, the next time you shoot in the 70s, it will be all that more satisfying!

Dont think I freakin broke 90..so damn tired of this game.

Shot an 80 today, which isn't bad but does anyone else hate when you think back to your round and realize if you would have tweak a couple shots you could have shot a lot better

Shot a 76 today! Woo! I left about 3-4 shots out there today too(1 chilly dip, 1 OB). Not one 3 putt which is AMAZING for me.

I hope that comes soon, because I'm this close to calling it quits for a bit.

i know exactly how you feel... i had 2 rounds in the hundreds this weekend

I feel for ya man, hopefully we can turn it around soon. Good luck.

you too bro... i know we can do it... but i think youre right about taking a lil break... im not even going to the range this week

Shot 1-over today. I really had it all together. It was one of those rounds that you didn't want to end. I birdied the first hole by ramming home a 12 footer. Prior to today, I never birdied the first hole on this course. That gave me the inspiration to continue the good play. On the last hole my chip lipped out, leaving me with a bogey. Hit 44% GIRs. I/m hoping to continue in this manner for the entire season.

for many years my swings in scores have been contained.. 5-6 shots... all of a sudden I shoot around par or mid 80's.. very strange and I sorta don't care... it's likely mental but when I play decently I seem to get a bit annoyed and tense and when I'm hackin' it around I am more prone to havin' a good time... just got a call from a buddie who made it through 1st stage of Open Qualifying... cool...gotta yack..

shot an 83 today at SPCC. nothing really stands out about the round. pretty ho-hum

Play "Thedore" nine

Par 3 3
Par 4 3
Par 4 5
Par 3 3
Par 5 5
Par 4 4
Par 4 3
Par 4 4
Par 4 4

Par 35 34(-1)

Played really nicely, it also helped that my playing partner shot 32(-3) so we were pushing the best scores out of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back