What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG: Isn't it funny how you have shot better than your previous best from a couple of weeks ago at least three times now, that you aren't satisfied anymore? hehehe

I was thinking about that today. It is funny, but it seems like now I expect more from myself I expect to make certain shots and when I don't I am disappointed with myself. I actually gave myself a 10 on a shot even though I guess I am not really allowed to take anything that high. But I went in the water twice and didn't want to cheat by giving myself a lower score then what I truly shot. Another thing I need to work on in course management. i tried to go for the green when I shoudl have laid up and ended up in the water. I knew I shouldn't have done it but I did anyhow. Those are things I need to work on as well.

But overall I am so excited to be seeing sub 110 scores and am so motivated to practice and get better. It's clear that the practice is definitely helping.

No unfortunately I didn't know that. I can think of 3 drives and a couple more approach shots that were in the middle of the fairway or right beside it, and just disappeared. I hate losing balls regardless of the circumstances, so it overall was not a good day for me. If I take those back I still shoot an 85 or so.. not where I want/need to be and my short game is definitely to blame.

I do appreaciate you telling me that though. You just drop in the place you saw it go last or assume it is?

yes, as long as you're absolutely positive that your ball was in play, you drop in the spot that you are positive your ball ended up. good luck working on the short game though buddy.

yes, as long as you're absolutely positive that your ball was in play, you drop in the spot that you are positive your ball ended up. good luck working on the short game though buddy.

No kiddin? Ive had a few balls taken by the fairway monster too and always thought why do I have to take a stroke when I know it was here.

No kiddin? Ive had a few balls taken by the fairway monster too and always thought why do I have to take a stroke when I know it was here.

i always thought that too OEM but fourputt mentioned something about this ruling in another post. i don't know the rule number itself but it does exist.

This has happened to me as well. I'll hit it perfect, look down to take out my tee, and the ball will vanish.... darn squirrels.

This has happened to me as well. I'll hit it perfect, look down to take out my tee, and the ball will vanish.... darn squirrels.

Yeah thats what I do too. Hit it, looks good, pick up my beloved brushT JB, and then get down there and its gone.

I was thinking about that today. It is funny, but it seems like now I expect more from myself I expect to make certain shots and when I don't I am disappointed with myself. I actually gave myself a 10 on a shot even though I guess I am not really allowed to take anything that high. But I went in the water twice and didn't want to cheat by giving myself a lower score then what I truly shot. Another thing I need to work on in course management. i tried to go for the green when I shoudl have laid up and ended up in the water. I knew I shouldn't have done it but I did anyhow. Those are things I need to work on as well.

But overall I am so excited to be seeing sub 110 scores and am so motivated to practice and get better. It's clear that the practice is definitely helping.

Why would you want to lay up and hit it in the water on purpose? hehehe

Keep up the hard work, you'll be seeing two-digit scores soon!

all i can say GG is: lay up to a number, it works and you'll score better, haha.

Great Job GG!!! KEep up the great work!!!

I went out today and shot a 104 on a course I played about a month ago and scored 12 shots higher then so that is good news. Still having some issues with parts of my game, but overall I can feel it comming together. I putted fairly well ( 33 putts for the round when was shooting for less than 30)

nice job rhino. how was the onpar?

Great Job GG!!! KEep up the great work!!!

I went out today and shot a 104 on a course I played about a month ago and scored 12 shots higher then so that is good news. Still having some issues with parts of my game, but overall I can feel it comming together. I putted fairly well ( 33 putts for the round when was shooting for less than 30)

way to go WR!!!

Only got in 9 official holes before the rain came. Shot 41 on the front. Had a double bogey on the 9th; that hurt. Was struggling on the tee box.

Only got 9 in today, very hot and humid so nobody else wanted to play. I convinced Jenn to go anyway. Shot 41 today, started off with a 2 foot birdie on number 1(all downhill from there) double bogey on a par 3. My rounds for the weekend were 82(38 44), 40 and 41. Not too bad of a weekend. I think I finally figured out my driver enough to keep myself out of trouble.

Re: What did you shoot today?

Played a great first nine of a 43 after getting cracked in the head (see rant page). After that, things went back to usual for the next 27 holes with a 49, 47, and 52.

Yeah thats what I do too. Hit it, looks good, pick up my beloved brushT JB, and then get down there and its gone.

that brusht is so purdy its distracting... even after a perfect drive that splits the fw then gets eaten by a sasquatch while you were admiring the beauty of a brusht

oh yeah... i forgot to post... the power of a brusht
i shot an 84... was flying greens all day... i really need a gps... thank goodness my putting saved me...

well, there is some light at the end of the tunnel for me. My thumb blister was hurting so I looked like an idiot wearing a thin winter glove on my right hand. My irons were absolutely terrible, I was coming up short on a lot of Greens.

Hole 1: Hit a 4 iron off the tee around the dogleg right, left me about 150 in with a back pin, I take an 8 iron from the fairway and completely chunk it just short of the green, a terrible chip leaves me halfway and I failed to get up and down. Par: 4 Score: 5

Hole 2: Hit a drive down the fairway, Another terrible 7 iron from 170 leaves me just short of the green, chip on and make my up and down

Hole 3: Another FW, hit a really odd short 5 iron that left me in a gully before the green, another bad 7 iron chip and i failed to make up and down

Hole 4: Long 216 yard par 3 up hill, hit a small 5 wood hooked it, under a tree, punched out short, chipped on and putted for bogey

Hole 5: 3 Shot Par 5, Hit a nice drive down the fairway, layed up to about 75 and hit a bad wedge shot to the centre of the green, 2 putt par

Hole 6: Hit a nice drive down the fairway, left me 114 in and hit a PW to about 6 feet, missed the birdie putt, made par

Hole 7: Missed the fairway by a little on the dogleg right par 4, had about 187 to the flag and hit a 6 iron, hit near the front of the green and 2 putt parred.

Hole 8: Par 3, pushed the tee shot into a greenside bunker, made my up and down sand save for par

Hole 9: Hit a drive into a fairway bunker, bunker had about a 5 foot lip on it so I hit an 8 iron out to 150, hit a small 7 iron draw to a super tucked back pin around trees, to about 12 feet, 2 putt parred

5/7 Fairways
4/9 Greens
16 Putts
3 Bogeys 5 Pars For a 39.

nice round bogey, cant do the brush myself, prefer the friction tees

oh yeah... i forgot to post... the power of a brusht
i shot an 84... was flying greens all day... i really need a gps... thank goodness my putting saved me...

nice round bogey, cant do the brush myself, prefer the friction tees

ive got a few bags of zero frictions... i love those things but i tend to lose them... ill break it out when the brusht's start losing their bristles

Had a pretty interesting round ("interesting" as in bad, not as in good) on Saturday. Shot a 99, which isn't great, but on the first five holes I had (not in order) a par, a bogey, a double-bogey, a triple-bogey, and a quad-bogey. :angry: At least the back nine ended up "only" 10 over even though I was spraying it all over the place.

Just call me Mr. Inconsistent :angry: Shot 85 Sunday including one stretch of par, birdie, birdie, par - too many double bogeys and the occasional triple. Monday I shot a 90 on the course where last year I shot my lifetime best 80 so that 10 shot regression didn't make me too happy! I was 1 over through 4 and then the double bogey monster came out... I know it's stating the obvious, but just to reinforce what we all know -- I hit 7 fairways and played those holes at +1 (carry that through 18 and i'm what +3). Of those 7, I went on to hit only 4 of those GIR but played those in -2! Fairways and greens, fairways and greens...

This weekend my country club had the annual President's Cup where the Current Club Champion and the Club President select teams. We have two teams, the Red and Black. I was drafted to the black team at the dinner held for us Friday night. On Saturday we played two man teams with 9 holes of best ball and 9 holes of alternate "hate your teammate" shot that is a standard match play format. We had a three hole lead going into the back until my teammate decided to start hitting all of our approach shots out of bounds. So we ended up losing down two after blowing the last 4 holes. Sunday was best ball player vs player and my teammate was beaten 5 & 4 but I shot my alltime best round of a 77 and won 4&3 and clinched the team points with a par on 17 for a 2&1 victory as a team. It turns out our 4 points was the deciding match to helping the black team win the cup. What a great way to break 80 for the first time this season!

I went out and played the back nine at my home course and shot a 43! The back nine is the tougher set of nine on our course. My drivbing was a bit inconsistant but my irons and putter saved the day for me.

Sounds like that new putter is treating you well, RW !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back