What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
40/40 80 today at Morgan Creek.
Wind was crazy and ground was soft so we played the Whites which really makes that course play quite easy.

88 at my course. 44/44. I feel like I could shoot 44 there with my eyes closed since it seems that's what I've been shooting the last couple months. I had a shot to break 40 on the front 9 with three to go if I just parred out, but promptly had a blow up hole when I had to wait for a moron foursome in front of me that took forever. They were morons because they hit like 20 balls off the tee and the head moron kept giving all the others the stupidest swing advice. The last three holes though I played with another single who is also a member at Philadelphia CC. He was a great guy to play with. Also spent a bunch of time with the H5 irons and put my thoughts in that thread. It's depressing because I don't think the weather will be cooperative for another round for a while.

37/42 for 79 today from gold tees of about 6450. Two blowup holes hurt badly. Was -1 through eight holes, then +1 through 13 holes. Wheels came off on the #14th hole and had a triple. Limped in a bit. Walked and was trying to beat sunset, so played really fast on the 12th - 18th hole. Could feel it in my legs and might have finished stronger if in a cart but I really need the exercise so I don't mind too much.

5/14 Fwy, 11/18 GIR, 31 putts ( no 3 putts!), 1 birdie, 12 pars, 3 bogies, 1 dbl bogey and 1 triple.

Greens are really fast so very happy with no three putts. Made several long par saves but only got 1 birdie putt to fall. Made several tough come backers.

37/42 for 79 today from gold tees of about 6450. Two blowup holes hurt badly. Was -1 through eight holes, then +1 through 13 holes. Wheels came off on the #14th hole and had a triple. Limped in a bit. Walked and was trying to beat sunset, so played really fast on the 12th - 18th hole. Could feel it in my legs and might have finished stronger if in a cart but I really need the exercise so I don't mind too much.

5/14 Fwy, 11/18 GIR, 31 putts ( no 3 putts!), 1 birdie, 12 pars, 3 bogies, 1 dbl bogey and 1 triple.

Greens are really fast so very happy with no three putts. Made several long par saves but only got 1 birdie putt to fall. Made several tough come backers.

Good comment about the walking Barry, we probably don't play as well when we get tired and may hobble a little but it's worth it!

Today was probably the last best day for a while, absolutely gorgeous out on the course. I played a complete round after a couple of days of not able to finish. Blue tees, 70.2/133, 6200 yds. putted bad, really really bad, 79 (41, 38)

I shot 91 over 17 holes. I ran out of time to finish. I was encouraged by the recent swing changes I've been working on. I mostly hit straight, draws, or pulls. The only club still going right was the driver.

A mirror 42-42: 84

Three 3-putts and a water ball induced triple killed me, lipped out a few putts, too. Should've been in the upper 70s. Some nasty pin positions on ridges that were almost impossible to putt from more than a couple of feet away. They just hosted a web.com tour qualifier recently so the greens were quite quick and I guess they wanted to give the rest of us hacks a feel for tour pin placements.

I had a great day today. Shot 76 (36,40).

I missed a 4' putt for eagle on 17. I knew I had a great round going and was sweating 18 until I hit a beauty down the middle. Then I proceeded to chunk my 9i, leave a chip way short, and 3 putt for my only double of the day. Argggghhh!

Wow KB, awesome!!

I had a great day today. Shot 76 (36,40).

I missed a 4' putt for eagle on 17. I knew I had a great round going and was sweating 18 until I hit a beauty down the middle. Then I proceeded to chunk my 9i, leave a chip way short, and 3 putt for my only double of the day. Argggghhh!

KELLY! Awesome!!!

That's awesome kb.

Great round, KB! When is your LPGA tour qualifier? ;)

82. No idea on front and back as I didn't have a pencil so I just kept track as I went.

First time playing the course since 2001. Windy day, hit driver very solidly but it leaked on me in the wind. Even hit through a few fairways into hazards so even though the penalties robbed me of a good score, I still walked away very satisfied with how I struck the ball all day.

Oh, and the Apex irons are firmly in the bag! Gotta get around to changing my signature. :)

85 (41/44). Lost control of the driver during the back 9. I think the cold weather had a little to do with it. Still a good morning - played with 2 buddies, had a couple of nice cigars, and played 18 in around 3 hours.

I shot a 108 today, which is my second best round. It was also my first cold weather round, and was in a pretty stiff wind. I played a course that is right in a big lake with temps just at freezing and a wind chill in the low 20s. I literally had the whole place to myself, which probably helped my game. It was one of the most enjoyable rounds I've played.

I showed up at my course today because I knew it would be empty, even though it was only 45 degrees out. I had the course to myself and shot a 42, tying my personal best on the course. My driver was terrible, but kept me in play while my my irons, short game and putting were pretty good. On the Ninth, I hit 4W instead of driver and ended up getting it out just as far as I normally do with driver. I then had a 5 foot putt for par which just went in, felt good to end on that note, especially now that the weather is taking a nose dive.

I only doubled one hole, the rest were bogeys and pars. No penalties and seemed to get it close to the hole with my wedge. Also, there were no drastic mis hits. Felt good.

I may be in driver ponder mode. I've had great results with my driver, but can't shake thinking I'm leaving something on the table if my 4W is getting out as far as I hit my driver. We'll see where this goes, if any where.

Golf, good buddies, and a stogie...Sounds like a perfect day!

As a matter of fact, that's the only thing I don't like about the fact I got hooked on golf: it also got me hooked on enjoying a nice stogie on the course. I never went near those things before taking up golf. I didn't need yet another vice.

42-41 for 83 at one of my Dad's home courses in South Carolina. The greens were a bit tricky but my short game saved me today. I'll take it for a round when I'm normally shutting it down for the winter.

88 at my course in Rockland County NY. Then since it was empty went back and replayed my double bogey holes and could have shot 82! But that's golf. I want to trademark Second Shot Golf.....it's our best indicator of what we can do!

After the last few 70 degree days, the 39 degrees with 10-15 winds was brutal. All my buddies quit at nine where I had a 43. I went ahead and made the turn and practiced on the back (the windy side.) Although I did get a few things worked out, it took several hours to get warm again.

Haha lefty - my friend and I tried to play but left after 4 holes. Way too cold. I had 3 pars and a double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I hit the range for a warmup, which was much needed, at 9:45. It was pretty cold. Wind was blowing, too! I think the 'real feel' was something like 38.
Teed off at 10:30 and promptly went +1 thru 4. Had some stumbles the rest of the way, and about four putts that were dead in the middle but just stopped rolling a foot out (GGAAHHIHATETHAT!).
I ended up going 42-44 though and after the bad rounds I had last week, wow, I'll take it! My buddies freaked on me a little when I hit hybo on #3 instead of driver, like I have a thousand times before. Turns out I was the only one to par it. Hrmmm. Then I out-drove our best driver twice with 3W. Hit another hybo tee shot towards the end of the round. #Fairways.
[putting was a bit off today, tho]

So, I hit the range for a warmup, which was much needed, at 9:45. It was pretty cold. Wind was blowing, too! I think the 'real feel' was something like 38.
Teed off at 10:30 and promptly went +1 thru 4. Had some stumbles the rest of the way, and about four putts that were dead in the middle but just stopped rolling a foot out (GGAAHHIHATETHAT!).
I ended up going 42-44 though and after the bad rounds I had last week, wow, I'll take it! My buddies freaked on me a little when I hit hybo on #3 instead of driver, like I have a thousand times before. Turns out I was the only one to par it. Hrmmm. Then I out-drove our best driver twice with 3W. Hit another hybo tee shot towards the end of the round. #Fairways.
[putting was a bit off today, tho]

You're more courageous than I. It was just too cold today form my old arse. I'm not ready to start playing with a cart heater yet. Good shooting though, Sean, considering the circumstances.

Just finished an absolutely crazy round! Was 9 over after a double on 10 and finished up the round with 5 birdies and 3 pars over the last 8 holes. So 43 - 33 - 76 it was. Went from not being able to do anything right to not being able to do anything wrong. Would certainly venture to say that I never had 5 birdies on a 9 before and have probably only had that many in a 18 hole round a handful of times in 35 years of playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back