What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was none too pleased with my high ball flight seeing this.

See that branch on the left side of the right tree? I went above that in that triangle chute and somehow got through to the fairway. LUCKY!

You're face when you turned and said "it got through" was priceless.

Drove the ball poorly the last few weeks so pulled driver and all hybrids out the bag for round yesterday. Picked up a Taylormade UDI 16 degree 1 iron and put that in bag plus 3-pw. Averaged 225 yards off tee with the TM UDI and hit every fairway and ended up shooting 74. First time I have had to hit a 3 or 4 iron into a par 4 in a long time but round was much easier than I thought and still made 2 birdies on par 5's by laying up as opposed to having a crack at greens for 2 every time.

Gorgeous looking hole James. Who's taking the tinkle behind the bush on the left?! Lol
I just spit on my phone laughing at this. Cookie said he was actually looking for snakes. I don't think I believe him.

73 +2. No warmup today and first the 5 or 6 holes were a bit rough. After that I hit the ball pretty well. Missed some short putts, but played the last 13 at -2.

Nice dude!!!

73 +2. No warmup today and first the 5 or 6 holes were a bit rough. After that I hit the ball pretty well. Missed some short putts, but played the last 13 at -2.
JeffJohn is the man. Nice round buddy.

86 (40-46) decent front nine but took 3 doubles in a row on the back. Couldn't putt and chip at all. Hit 11 fairways, 8 GIR and 36 putts. Shot of my day was a 6i on #9 to 10 ft. Remember, I said I couldn't putt all day.

Shot an ugly 83 (44-39) this morning.

I read tip from Golf Digest on twitter last night about posture. I tried it on the range and really struck the ball well. I kept hitting my irons well on the course, but woods were just terrible. Nothing but pulls. Lots and lots of doubles resulted. Lots of burned edges didn't help.

Oh, well. Still fun to play. I overall was really pleased with the way I struck my irons. I'll keep the posture move there and see if it transitions over to the woods.

Walked 9 at the local muni with a friend and shot 42. We went out cold so I was a bit wild. Didn't think about score much, just out chasing the ball around today. Fun time and some beautiful weather.

Shot an 83 (+11) with a lost ball in the leaves. Had 2 three putts from 30 and 75 feet. Tee shots killed me today. Left me too far back on several approaches, behind trees, in trouble all day. Temps were in the 40s, winds were around 20 to 25 mph. Really tough to be close on any approach shot. Swing changes are really catching on for my irons. Really pleased there. Pleased with the 31 putts (except the 3 putt from 30 feet). Just needed my tee game to be on. I attribute 8 of my lost shots directly to the tee game that I couldn't save myself later in the hole. Worst part is, those tee shots were a 2 way miss. Just couldn't get any rhythm there. Snap hook followed by leaking fade. Did have several beautiful drives. Couldn't get enough of those though. Overall pretty happy. Weather definitely played a big role today. BUT, I had tons of fun. Probably my last 18 hole round of the year. Still plan on getting several 6 and 9 hole visits in though. Also got a nice prayer answered on the gridiron. Overall a spectacular day

74 at Ballantrae in Birmingham. 15 pars, 1 birdie, 1 bogey and a double. 12 greens and 28 putts. Really awesome course!

74 at Ballantrae in Birmingham. 15 pars, 1 birdie, 1 bogey and a double. 12 greens and 28 putts. Really awesome course!

Very solid round, well done.

91,It was a real stuggle today. I think I hit a total of 3 shots the way I wanted to.

Good bit of golf the last two days:

Friday: Shot 91 at RTJ Grand National Lake course in Opelika, AL with cpljohnst and T0AD. Had a strong front 9 with a 41, but fell off on the back with a cool 50. Wasn't displeased though for a difficult course I'd never played before, from the "blue" tees (orange actually).

Saturday morning: Shot 87 on the Highlands course at RTJ Hamptom cove in Huntsville with subvet, boondoggle and bamabonners. Played OK, but just didn't execute well enough on my opportunities.

Saturday afternoon: turned in a personal best 38 for 9 on the River course at Hampton Cove. Was only 3-over through 14 when we ran out of light. Following procedure and adding my handicap strokes + par for the holes we didn't finish, I turned in a 79. Obviously we have no way of knowing what it actually would have been, but it was a blast nonetheless.

95 yesterday on the Highlands with Wadesworld, Boondoggle, and Bamabonners. Got off the tee alright most of the day but had directional control issues with my irons, and a few episodes of severely fatting or skulling my approach shots. On top of that, I couldn't buy a putt inside of 6 feet. I had 1 really bad blowup hole but just a lot of doubles and bogies

I did a little better on The River course but as Wade said, we just ran out of daylight.

I suppose I should be disappointed about my score, but I enjoyed the day with the guys and the weather turned out to be great....and YES....Wade was ON FIRE!!!! I kept quiet so-as not to jinx him. :act-up:

37 - 37 - 74 with 3 birdies. All 5 bogeys were caused by my wildness off the tee and I got away with 3 or 4 other pull hooks. I think I only hit 5 FIR. Seriously need a new driver.

37 - 37 - 74 with 3 birdies. All 5 bogeys were caused by my wildness off the tee and I got away with 3 or 4 other pull hooks. I think I only hit 5 FIR. Seriously need a new driver.
That is my struggle lately too. Trouble off the tee causing missed greens and having to scramble for pars.

That is my struggle lately too. Trouble off the tee causing missed greens and having to scramble for pars.

Not at all complaining about the score as I will take it any time. Just frustrating that ever other part of my game was pretty strong today but my driving.

Not at all complaining about the score as I will take it any time. Just frustrating that ever other part of my game was pretty strong today but my driving.
Most definitely an awesome score with tee box struggles. That's where the frustration sets in. In thinking what could have been...

43/45 with some stupid 3 jacks and maybe the worse tee game on earth

42/43 with a few putts I would like to have back and two doubles erased off the card.

Still couldn't break 100, ended up with a 105. The greens were freshly plugged so putting was inconsistent at best. Did card my first ever birdie today. Par 3 put my tee shot 4 feet from the cup :banana: Felt pretty solid all round, had 3 bad toppers with my hybrid, 1 terrible tee shot, and the plugged greens cost me at least 3-4 strokes.

I just played the worst round of golf ever and shot a 128, and had the sh@nks with every club, even on chips/pitches. I hit nothing but slices with the driver as well. It was a four hour nightmare. And I don't know if it's the new grips (went from standard to midsize) making me swing differently or something else entirely. I maybe hit 2 straight shots with any club all day. Zero draws, and mostly pushed shots and shanks.

54/44 for a tough 98 at Hillsborough Golf Club. This place has ridiculous greens. It is easy until the green. They are fast and undulating. You could drop an approach with a few yards of the hole and it will just take off and end up off the green. I was impressed by my new Top Flite D2+ Feel balls in the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back