What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha my home course from back in high school. Greens were a huge home field advantage

42-40/82
1 bad hole and that was a double on 9.

Quick greens with 4 or so diabolical pin locations.

Good day though, happy with where things are headed.

I just played the worst round of golf ever and shot a 128, and had the sh@nks with every club, even on chips/pitches. I hit nothing but slices with the driver as well. It was a four hour nightmare. And I don't know if it's the new grips (went from standard to midsize) making me swing differently or something else entirely. I maybe hit 2 straight shots with any club all day. Zero draws, and mostly pushed shots and shanks.

What new grips did you put on? Did you get fitted for them, how did you end up at the midsize? I currently have Lamkin grips that came on my used set of TM rocketbladez. They are ready to be replaced so I went to the golf pride website, my home course doesn't stock many grips, and it recommended the mid size for my hand size. I just received them but haven't had them put on yet. Wanted to play today and then will hopefully get a chance to drop them off tomorrow.

43/41 for an 84.

As #Cookie said greens were tough and didn't putt well, but happy with the result.

What did you shoot today?

74...could be the last round in Finland before the winter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415570654.459009.jpg

Posted a nice 82 43/39. Played with Mojo and Rcgreen. Put the new ping eye2 gorge wedge in play and I'm kinda liking it!

9ae5172f329d3f7ecc791236e6228027.jpg

@bigtazzGOLF
Grip n Rip
Chicks dig the long ball

What new grips did you put on? Did you get fitted for them, how did you end up at the midsize? I currently have Lamkin grips that came on my used set of TM rocketbladez. They are ready to be replaced so I went to the golf pride website, my home course doesn't stock many grips, and it recommended the mid size for my hand size. I just received them but haven't had them put on yet. Wanted to play today and then will hopefully get a chance to drop them off tomorrow.

I was fit for standard with my current irons, but was on the edge between standard and midsize. Then another TMAG demo day guy watched me hit and suggested it. It made a big difference at first for me with relaxing my grip and allowing me to release the club. So I don't think the grips are causing my issues, but they may have me doing something different at my setup that is leading to the sh@nks.

I struggle with overswinging, which leads to coming out of my posture forward and/or hanging the club back and open. A grip won't fix that.

So frustrated with my putting this weekend. Played 36 yesterday shot a 85 with 42 Putts a 90 with 39 putts and a 88 today with 41 putts.

Had six eagle putts through the weekend and came away with 5 pars and 1 birdie such a frustrating game hitting the ball better than I have in a long long time and can't putt to save my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So frustrated with my putting this weekend. Played 36 yesterday shot a 85 with 42 Putts a 90 with 39 putts and a 88 today with 41 putts.

Had six eagle putts through the weekend and came away with 5 pars and 1 birdie such a frustrating game hitting the ball better than I have in a long long time and can't putt to save my life

I feel for ya bro, we're in the same boat.

What a day. 42/46 for 88. Will ESC to 87. So many good shots but more bad. Hit some great drives followed by piss poor approach shots. Putting was atrocious. Practice green was WAY slower than greens on course. Took me 9 holes and three 3-putts to get adjusted.

Made some equipment changes this weekend, still getting way to much backspin with my driver so my buddy lent me his Ping G10 9 degree with a 65g ProForce V2 shaft and I changed to a Odyssey Backstryke Blade putter and both worked really well today......shot 39 37 76.....1 double, 1 3 putt, no birds, 80% fairways hit and 78% GIR....nice balmy 55 degree November day....it was a great walk

Shot a 41/47 88. 3 WTH was that shots killed the score today. But I'm not complaining, played golf with a great group of THPers.

Shot 83 today. Very windy on the back but very happy with round

Haha my home course from back in high school. Greens were a huge home field advantage
More like a huge PITA. Jeff and I were cursing them all day. We were first out and finished in 3 hrs.

More like a huge PITA. Jeff and I were cursing them all day. We were first out and finished in 3 hrs.
If we get another decent weather day I'd love to show you guys the ropes. Short course, but the greens can just eat people up

We only finished the front 9 today and I shot 42 playing back a tee box (black tees). I enjoyed seeing the course differently and will rotate tee boxes from time to time to make it more fun and challenging.

Last 3 rounds have all been 9 holes. 45,47,48. I am hitting some monster drives again after a little tweak in my stance and grip. I was around 50-60 percent of FIR in those rounds, but what really helped me is I am finally hitting some good chip/pitch shots again after what seems like an eternity. After really poor play around the green at Kinderlou, I buckled down this week and worked through my greenside game 3 days during the week before I played Saturday and Today. It was such a relief to see the ball popping up and checking again. And those punch shots Ive been struggling with, well I have hit 3-4 at will over the last couple rounds. If I can stay focused I feel like I will finally break 90 again. And hopefully my 3rd Thp get together I can be a little more competitive and help for my partner if needed.

Edit: Forgot to mention in those three rounds I have carded 5 birdies, 1 eagle and several pars. Thats like 3 months worth for me normally.

Shot a 97 on a tough, tough Arizona National Golf Club course. Short but challenging track. Blind tee shots and a very tough, winding back 9. Still, can't get too mad. Struck the ball way better than I aligned myself, and putted poorly.

Shot a 44/43. A few doubles and a brutal 4 putt triple. 1 birdie though so there was something positive about the round.

Was with Paladin shooting a big number at a new course for both of us - blind tee shots cost us both a few shots.
89 with a few 3 putts and a bunch of penalty shots.
Irons were solidly hit, just not quite where I wanted them to go. Driver was a little off, but that was all it took to enjoy the desert!!
A really fine day of golf weather, and fun golf with a fellow THP'er - Thanks Paladin!!

On what will likely be my last 'real' round of the year I played very well. Nice way to go out. +8 from 5,921, which was plenty long for 40° and 20mph winds. 8 GIR's.

44/42 on a new to me course. Had a few really bad tee shots, but also some ok scrambling. Probably will be the last round around here for the year.

My day fell apart so I got in some #TheGrandaddy prep

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415646670.080339.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415646686.182639.jpg

#TeamBasementDweller was incredible with suggestions and encouragement throughout the round!
Thanks guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back