What did you shoot today?

It took nearly 5 hrs to shoot 39/41 for 80 🤢😡
3 doubles ruined my day.
Actually, the slow ass play from a bunch of snowbirds having their last round together messed up my Monday.
Our usual group plays this course in 3:30-3:45 nearly every week.

I did win a couple of skins, so at least that helped my attitude.

1713909438318.png

Got in a practice 9 after work, played well. Bogies were all identical, missed approaches 5-25ft off green. Need to put more time into short game to put myself in a higher 1 putt % range, gotta stop leaving myself 15-20 foot putts.

Absolutely pured an iron and had some immediate and fairly intense right hip pain, thats new, I walked it off and finished the round. Almost 39 so I guess I should start paying more attention to this stuff.

Last edited:
It took nearly 5 hrs to shoot 39/41 for 80 🤢😡
3 doubles ruined my day.
Actually, the slow ass play from a bunch of snowbirds having their last round together messed up my Monday.
Our usual group plays this course in 3:30-3:45 nearly every week.

I did win a couple of skins, so at least that helped my attitude.

Thank goodness the snowbirds are clearing out! We can already see a dramatic difference at our course, crowds are going way down and pace of play is up.

47/40=87 in league play this morning. First nine were terrible, two doubles and a triple with 16 putts. Settled down on the back and played well. Driver was good, hit 80% fairways.

The score was not good...80. But I can't stop smiling! I've done several things in the off-season to get back distance at age 67. I had several drives between 250-275 yards and all clubs are longer. Can't remember the last round I went long on this many greens. The swing changes aren't fully locked in. So, there was some inconsistency with the distances and a few pulled shots where my sequencing was off. But once I get these changes grooved, golf is going to be really fun this year!

This could be the year I shoot my age!

39/36 = 75

Getting there. Eagle and two birdies on the back nine.

49/38 = 78
Only one birdie, missed a few in the 12-15ft range.
Last few warm days and nights has the Bermuda in our greens starting to show. Have to adjust the putting since once the ball starts slowing down the grain takes hold. That wasn't the case 2 weeks ago.
Hit the ball pretty well, irons better than they've been in a while. Working on getting my left arm extended and better synced with my rotation through shots.
Impact bag and one arm drills for tempo seem to be working.

League night. 38 with a bad bogey

Did a little experiment today. In normally play the blues at my home course (6800 yards) and today I played the white(6400) on the front and black(7200) on the back.

I shot 80, 40 on the front and 40 on the back. I’ve done this experiment before it kind of feels the tee box doesn’t matter all that much.

I shot an 88 yesterday afternoon after taking my father to his chemotherapy class before he starts treatment. Front 9 was +7, and then the wheels came off a bit on the back on 3 holes. This was my first actual round with a new set of clubs with senior A graphite shafts, and after switching to a mallet putter. I fell back into some bad habits and was trying to swing too hard for the senior shafts. That was on me. Great time though.

Last edited:
50 with 16 putts in 40 degrees and brutal winds. But with the leagues handicap calculation going low early ultimately isn’t good.

Back