What did you shoot today?

I just can’t put back to back rounds together to save my life right now. Very disappointing 92 this morning.

A nice, round, even, and terrible 100

Ever have one of those days where the bounces just don't go your way?? Yep had one of those yesterday. Shot 44-45 for an 89. Didn't take many penalties just got some really crazy bounces that went against me. Oh well onto the next round.

43/43 86 at LPGA Jones course today. #8,9,12 just killed me for no other reason than trying to be aggressive and I paid the price. Got paired with a real nice guy who beat me by a stroke. Was fun to play with someone at the same ability level. Conditions of the course were great, 90 degree cart rules as we have had a lot of rain. It’s was also HOT! But otherwise a very fun round. 2B4B04C2-5322-41AF-80FE-2B3C9DB4F4B1.jpeg

38, 41 for a 79 on par 71. It got very hot. Drank 3 20 oz gatorade zero plus 2 bottles of water during the round. Much hardrr to keep focused on the back nine.

Last edited:
Today wasn't one of my better days. I did manage to stuff a pitch shot close enough to avoid making triple so that's a positive. Otherwise it was a pretty steady train of bogeys and doubles.

Yesterday we kept a "best ball" score for our group and shot even par. We did the same today and collectively shot three over:oops:. Three 88s and an 85 in the group so I wasn't alone in my suffering.

Very ugly 44/45=89 It's golf, humbles you once in a while. I did have some good shots, but the driver was pretty off today.

Things went from bad to worse for me yesterday.
43/45 88. None of my issues show up if I go to practice, so I can't even work on them. Might be time for a few months off or something.

This is my favorite weekend of the year! Going home to play with my dad in the Member Guest at the course I grew up on. A weekend of fun festivities. I shot 74 Friday, 75 Saturday and 69 today.

38 - 38 - 76. Saw some improvements in ball striking, especially off the tee, over recent rounds so that was encouraging. 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogeys.

40/42 - 82 93% fairways hit today. Had a couple 3 putts that hurt and a couple of bad wedge shots. Other than that happy with the game today. On one 9, I was 6 for 6 fairways right down the middle.

Hit some of the straightest drives I have hit in quite a while. The last two rounds before today, I was ready to put the driver back in the bag, but after today, I suppose it will get some more time.

Amazing how I could totally suck yesterday with a 101 and today I pull off an 82. What an up and down my game has been lately. It can drive you bonkers, if you let it.

41-43 for a slightly disappointing round if I am honest

Had 3 double bogeys on the back 9 after the pace slowed and my back started to tighten up. On another day it could have been a good 5-6 shots better without those doubles and a few other putts that burned the edges

20200712_171221.jpg

Tried to change it up to put myself in some different approach positions on the home course. Tee clubs went 6, 5, driver, 4, 5, 7, 4, PW, 3W. Still a work in progress with the iron swing changes. Getting the flight I want, but face control has gone a little haywire. Think I need to stop bouncing around between sets while I try to groove it. Wife won long drive on all but 1 of the par 4 and 5s (she was a monster off the tee today. 3 over 225), I won closest to the pin on the 3s, and finished down $20 and smoothie run. Have a round scheduled for tomorrow at a club her, but going too see how the body feels after the gym.

Does anyone else have trouble with thegrint app and sand shots? I always have to edit it back down to one later. It seems to go crazy when I put my lie as in a greenside bunker.

Last edited:
45/44 on a pretty tough course besides a couple 3 putts and 2 penalties was a pretty decent round. One of the par 3's today was 236 to the middle and the pin was places at the back so was about 250. Hit my 3 wood which landed in middle/front of green and rolled out to 254 yds right off the back of the green and about 20ft right of the pin. Too bad i duffed the chip and 3 putted :eek:

View attachment 8953155

Tried to change it up to put myself in some different approach positions on the home course. Tee clubs went 6, 5, driver, 4, 5, 7, 4, PW, 3W. Still a work in progress with the iron swing changes. Getting the flight I want, but face control has gone a little haywire. Think I need to stop bouncing around between sets while I try to groove it. Wife won long drive on all but 1 of the par 4 and 5s (she was a monster off the tee today. 3 over 225), I won closest to the pin on the 3s, and finished down $20 and smoothie run. Have a round scheduled for tomorrow at a club her, but going too see how the body feels after the gym.

Does anyone else have trickle with thegrint app and sand shots? I always have to edit it back down to one later. It seems to go crazy when I put my lie as in a greenside bunker.
I haven’t had any issues with the Grint and sand shots or penalties. I was wondering about your par on 7 with 4 sand shots 😆

I haven’t had any issues with the Grint and sand shots or penalties. I was wondering about your par on 7 with 4 sand shots 😆
Haha It happens a lot on the app for me. Only with sand. I stop track, set the lie as greenside bunker, and start track my sand shot, and then when the round is over it'll say the right score, but have a ton of sand shots I have to edit out. Pretty sure it said a dozen once. Like I'm tapping sand again and again in my pocket or something.

That was actually a brilliant sand shot today after a horribly blocked approach. 34 yd from above my feet to 10 ft. on a real tough pin, and then blew the birdie putt on the high side.

20200712_174905.jpg

Haha It happens a lot on the app for me. Only with sand. I stop track, set the lie as greenside bunker, and start track my sand shot, and then when the round is over it'll say the right score, but have a ton of sand shots I have to edit out. Pretty sure it said a dozen once. Like I'm tapping sand again and again in my pocket or something.

That was actually a brilliant sand shot today after a horribly blocked approach. 34 yd from above my feet to 10 ft. on a real tough pin, and then blew the birdie putt on the high side.

View attachment 8953157
That’s a heck of a shot! I get ghost touches with the Grint in my pocket where it jumps holes or does something funky. I need to make sure the screen is facing away from my body to prevent that

46/42 for a 88. Played the Maltby TE Forged irons for the first time today and haven't had a chance to get them out on the range. The first 4-5 holes were spent figuring out some distances. Overall, a great evening for 18.
Screenshot_20200712-203951.png

Only able to get 9 in today, shot a 2 over 37. Started with 2 bogies then loosened up and rode the par train. 😐

After two rough days I found my game again. Friday and Saturday I shot 87 and 86 which as a 3 index is no bueno. This morning I shot 76 on the course I shot 86 on yesterday. I played a second round with my son on a different course and shot 77. Both rounds were in a 15-20 mph wind. It was good to have some semblance of a game again. I have played 96 holes since Wednesday. Not sure I thought I would say this but I need a day off.

+11 front 9, +11 back 9 :facepalm::(

I'm a new 53 yr old member here, and have just recently started hitting balls trying to get my long dormant game kicked off again. Well, I played my first round in over 4 years yesterday (and had only played a few rounds in the 5 years up to then), and didn't completely embarrass myself. Conditions in North Texas were brutal - tee time at 2pm, 103 degrees with a heat index of 110. The front nine ended up a mess, topping a few shots, blocking tee shots to the right and punching out, but the game improved as the day progressed. I shot 6 strokes better on the back nine, and actually had a chance to break 90 coming in. I laughed because I also played the entire round on the same ball - no OB shots, shots into the water, etc. Putting needs a lot of work on speed. Overall, a 93 after the layoff and conditions left me pleased and ready to go play again. Course: Lake Park GC in Lewisville, TX.

Cheers all.

Back