What did you shoot today?

42-44 yesterday. Fairly consistent save for two blow up holes. I was partially steamed by a ninesome, supposed to be a a five and four, that kept grouping up playing a scramble. It was a cluster truck! The shop did the best they could to police them. First world problems!

74. 37/37. Started out with 3 straight bogeys thanks to no warm up then played well. Had 4 birdies which helped.

Goal is set to break 44 today on this league course. Tough Greens plus some tight spots.... Eliminate mistakes and bad tee shots.... will update later tonight

41 on front sober 35 on back after tons of drinks. lol golf
#Swingoilrealdeal

So I had a pretty fun story today....

I show up to play my local municipality today. It’s honestly a great course for the price, and the people there are good people. However I’ve been trying not to play there as the course is only 6400 from the tips and sometimes I overpower it while not playing well because I hit it long. I took a rain check on Sunday for 9 holes there though because the other local courses were hosting outings. The course was so backed up and it was 100 out so we decided to dip after 9 as I had in laws in town. (Yipeeeeee)

Anyway as I am leaving the clubhouse after checking in I am walking down about a 12 foot hill to where the carts were located. I wasnt paying attention and stepped on some broken pavement. I proceeded to roll my ankle, and as I fell my knee landed on the broken pavement which proceeded to flip me three times as I tumbled down the remainder of the hill. Normally id be more embarrassed than anything but I didn’t care about that as I thought I broke my ankle as I heard a crack on the way down. That turned out to be my debit card that I snapped in my hand on the way down. My ankle was throbbing but my knee was much worse. The broken pavement ripped about a 3 inch portion of my skin off and my leg was covered in blood. I have love for this course but of course they didn’t have bandaids or a first aid lol. I was so embarrassed and didn’t wanna take another rain check. So I jon rambo’d it and just cut a portion of an old golf towel and tied off the cut until I could go over to a dr friends house so he could cauterize it.

Which brings me to the point of the story. Obviously my lower body was completely useless but exposed a bad part of my game. Today i hit the ball straighter than I have in 6 rounds. I shot a 41 with three 3 putts and went OB twice. I was a couple of good breaks away from firing even par. I’ve been in a funk of just always ending with a 45 or a 90 recently. Even when I’m playing well I’ve blown up and scored poorly. I was struggling to stay loose and pain free as the round went on. My adrenaline wore off and I was hurting big time. However, I have definitely learned that my lower half is the main cause of problems when the swing is going bad which I would have never figured out if I didn’t totally eat :poop:. It felt like the Jordan flue game at points lol.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience when they were injured, or sick, or even blackout drunk and end up playing great golf?

Good story. Don't share it in the 'need to swing from the ground up' thread! :p Interesting that it helped you hit it straighter.

I have a bunch of days where I hurt (not from falling though, lol) and play better in the end. Keeps me from trying to do to much, and what I can do I seem to be more exact with.

20200730_141852.jpg

Got really out of whack for a couple short stretches, and it's left a bad taste in my mouth. They would have been hard to survive the same on some other courses. Let myself feel rushed playing through a couple groups, which I haven't done in a while, and really pissed me off. Completely blew the tee shot on 6. Some great shots elsewhere though. Eagled 11 after tee and fairway wood shots that were near perfect for me. Just under 3 hours flying through a busy course and didn't get wet. I'll take it.

38 - 36 - 74. 2 birdies, 12 pars and 4 bogeys.

44-44 for an 88. I got some brainiac idea that I should put the mallet putter in the bag today. Let’s just say that won’t happen again. EVER!!!Found my driver swing, along with all my woods. Had 2 shots today with the 5 wood and put em both on the green.

My long term friend and golf buddy both carded identical 84 scores

We took our time as it's pretty hot here right now. 105 in the shade according to my bag thermometer.. Still one person to a cart, so we weren't chasing each other's golf shots. We did have a few cart races just to get some breeze going. The race through the sprinklers took a while.

Course is not allowing walkers due to the heat I think.

42/42 for me. I like consistency. 30 putts helped out. 6 pars, and 12 bogey 1s.

Didn't lose a ball.

No chip ins today for me, which is sort of my personal m.o.. Did hit some nice 40-60 yard approaches though. No 3 putts, and no 6s on the card. It was a good round.

As we were leaving, the course's outdoor dial thermometer was in the 112 range. When I started my truck up, that thermometer was reading 122, but it always reads high after sitting parked in the sun. 3-4 more days of this hot stuff.

40-42 with 5 penalties

Played a beach course while on a mini vacation. Tough track. Hit 78% of fairways but the ones I didn’t hurt - hence the penalties and then I lost one in some high fescue. Plus it was windy and HOT. Still managed to come out fairly healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 on the front with four bogeys one birdie and the rest pars at South Hampton. Ran out of light on the back, but was two over thru 16.
Hit the ball extremely well & the putter was hot!!!

Things were clicking but then a double bogey crept in...

43 for the league and got a victory

+3 39 on the back nine tonight. Really fighting a pull with my driver and that's never been my miss. Hopefully it was just a bad swing night.

41 + 44 = 85. 8/14 fairways, 5 GIRs.

Greens were super hairy. They haven't been mowed in over a week, thanks to so much rain here lately. Lots of putts left short, and nothing broke like it should.

Shot Scope was fun. I really liked having the GPS right there on the wrist. Numbers were in line with the rangefinder.

So I had a pretty fun story today....

I show up to play my local municipality today. It’s honestly a great course for the price, and the people there are good people. However I’ve been trying not to play there as the course is only 6400 from the tips and sometimes I overpower it while not playing well because I hit it long. I took a rain check on Sunday for 9 holes there though because the other local courses were hosting outings. The course was so backed up and it was 100 out so we decided to dip after 9 as I had in laws in town. (Yipeeeeee)

Anyway as I am leaving the clubhouse after checking in I am walking down about a 12 foot hill to where the carts were located. I wasnt paying attention and stepped on some broken pavement. I proceeded to roll my ankle, and as I fell my knee landed on the broken pavement which proceeded to flip me three times as I tumbled down the remainder of the hill. Normally id be more embarrassed than anything but I didn’t care about that as I thought I broke my ankle as I heard a crack on the way down. That turned out to be my debit card that I snapped in my hand on the way down. My ankle was throbbing but my knee was much worse. The broken pavement ripped about a 3 inch portion of my skin off and my leg was covered in blood. I have love for this course but of course they didn’t have bandaids or a first aid lol. I was so embarrassed and didn’t wanna take another rain check. So I jon rambo’d it and just cut a portion of an old golf towel and tied off the cut until I could go over to a dr friends house so he could cauterize it.

Which brings me to the point of the story. Obviously my lower body was completely useless but exposed a bad part of my game. Today i hit the ball straighter than I have in 6 rounds. I shot a 41 with three 3 putts and went OB twice. I was a couple of good breaks away from firing even par. I’ve been in a funk of just always ending with a 45 or a 90 recently. Even when I’m playing well I’ve blown up and scored poorly. I was struggling to stay loose and pain free as the round went on. My adrenaline wore off and I was hurting big time. However, I have definitely learned that my lower half is the main cause of problems when the swing is going bad which I would have never figured out if I didn’t totally eat :poop:. It felt like the Jordan flue game at points lol.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience when they were injured, or sick, or even blackout drunk and end up playing great golf?
I play some of my best golf when I wake up after having slept wrong and can't move one limb or another properly.

More importantly, did the course do anything to compensate you for your injuries? I don't expect you'd get enough to retire on, but did they at least give you a pro shop or course credit of any kind?

I shot a "modified" 79 today. I say modified because I carried a second ball in my pocket, and since I was playing alone if I hit an approach shot poorly or sallied a putt I'd drop the second ball and try another. Doing so saved me a couple of strokes - I probably would have been 82 or 83 natural. Started out with back to back doubles but played par golf thereafter. I was hitting my driver well, the new irons are definitely longer but I need to figure out how to get the extra height out of them that I was fit for. I found I was getting the overall distance out of them, but mostly because of the bounce and roll out; I'd rather be hitting the green on the fly. The flatstick was, well, the flatstick. I did have this for eagle after going driver/fairway (new fairway BTW) on a shorter par 5. Missed it a cup width low but settled for an easy bird.
20200731_075957.jpg

9 holes after work

Shot 35 (level)
1 birdie, 1 bogey

I play some of my best golf when I wake up after having slept wrong and can't move one limb or another properly.

More importantly, did the course do anything to compensate you for your injuries? I don't expect you'd get enough to retire on, but did they at least give you a pro shop or course credit of any kind?

No, but I thought about pushing the envelope on that. I was ready to get out of there so quick to make sure I could get it checked out. Luckily we have an ankle dr neighbor who came and cauterized it for free. I got him a gift card for a restaurant in town. Also the head and assistant pro weren’t there. It was an older dude that had a stroke a while back. He isn’t the easiest to deal with. With the virus they really don’t have anything in the pro shop to give away besides balls and gloves.

Not to mention I also blame myself for not watching where I was walking. Even with the broken pavement I just gotta be more careful. I would have at the very least liked a “are you okay” tho :LOL:

40/43 = 83. Thankfully my short game and putter were working pretty well today, had a few up and downs that helped immensely. It was hot - almost 110 when we finished at 0945, supposed to hit a high of 120 today.

81 with a quad on a par 5.

Dont. Ask.

42-40 for a PB 82. It was not my best day in many ways but when I did have a miss I recovered well. Really felt breaking 80 was in the cards today but I kinda had a lapse of judgement over a couple holes.

Back