What did you shoot today?

Had a nice for me 85. Really consistent for me hitting. All pars and bogies on front for 42. And a couple of doubles but a birdie on back for 43.

42-40 for a PB 82. It was not my best day in many ways but when I did have a miss I recovered well. Really felt breaking 80 was in the cards today but I kinda had a lapse of judgement over a couple holes.
Congrats!!!! You're right there and it will happen soon.

@Snickerdog I followed your advice from this morning. Shot 44/39=83
Off the first tee this morning, the hole was a gradual dogleg left uphill to the hole. Hit a draw the followed the curve of the fairway for a drive of 250 yds. That set the course for the rest of the round. Sitting outside having a couple of Blue Moons right now. :drinks:

Last edited:
Congrats!!!! You're right there and it will happen soon.
It’s such a fine line, frustratingly so at times. The double bogey on a Par 3 really hurt. Unfortunately my tee shot put me in a situation and I decided to take my medicine and move on. Still hurts since I figure it should be an easy par if not a birdie.

Only been playing a couple of months. Played a summer or so probably 10+ years ago, but never regularly. Been largely just playing 9 holes after work some days, so trying to break 50 has been my short term goal. 54 was my best to date, but headed out with some new clubs today, and posted a satisfying 45. Very happy.
Out again tomorrow to see if it was a one off or not.

Only been playing a couple of months. Played a summer or so probably 10+ years ago, but never regularly. Been largely just playing 9 holes after work some days, so trying to break 50 has been my short term goal. 54 was my best to date, but headed out with some new clubs today, and posted a satisfying 45. Very happy.
Out again tomorrow to see if it was a one off or not.
Welcome back to the madness. :)

Really really enjoying it. Probably taking it more serious than I did previously. New clubs, lessons etc. Golf was just something to do in the Rugby off season before, and only for 1 or 2 summers before the clubs got parked in the loft.
Set myself a target of breaking 50 before the end of the the month, so just about managed it on the last day. Target actually playing to 28 handicap. Next target was by the end of the get to 18, shot a hole, seems a nice round number. Let’s see how tomorrow goes first eh......

@Snickerdog I followed your advice from this morning. Shot 44/39=83
Off the first tee this morning, the hole was a gradual dogleg left uphill to the hole. Hit a draw the followed the curve of the fairway for a drive 0f 250 yes. That set the course for the rest of the round. Sitting outside having a couple of Blue Moons right now. :drinks:

One other thing about the round today. Didn't come close to loosing a golf ball today. That's twice in the last four rounds, I guess I gotta figure out what I'm doing wrong here!!! :laughing:

Shot 50/42 this evening on a Par 73 layout. My third best round ever, between two 89s and two 95s in my past. The funny part is I drove OK (7/14) but nothing else was anything to be proud of. I just kept grinding, posting four pars in the first five of the back nine and avoiding the blowup hole. Putting was actually pretty bad because the greens were in rough shape. I had three penalty strokes, and instead of trying the heroic recovery shot, I took my medicine. Probably not a coincidence that I played the front in 2:10 and the back in 1:14. These were my 19th through 36th holes of the season.

44/46=90, not too bad considering I was struggling with the irons on front and back 9

Walked 51 holes today. 84, 86, 42 and then games for the last 6. Good 18 or 19 miles of walking!

36/38 for a 74 today. One birdie, no doubles.

49-59 today. So disappointing after the first few holes including a par on the first par 3 with drive landing middle of the green. Never played the course before though and tough greens protected with bunkers and water on the back 9.
Screenshot_20200801_080331.jpg

45-37-82 +10 from the tips today. 6AM tee time and I was really stiff and swinging poorly this morning. Settled in on the back to salvage something decent. So I was okay with the final score since I was very concerned after the front nine lol

50-41-91 . Nett 63 (-9). Thrilled with this round. All it took was moving 6" closer to the ball when hitting my irons.

40/37, 2 birdie, 26 putts.. GIR was terrible but chipping and putts saved me
20200801_143633.jpg

20200801_122905.jpg

I came out stiff and wild, but on fire. She started drinking and played better, and I wore down in a hurry. 22 putts and 2 chip-ins helped on the short apt. course this morning. She had a few really solid holes, missed two good birdie chances. She's going to get her first one soon.

Last edited:
80 (41/39) with two doubles. Putter was solid today.

40/42=82

My best 18 hole round of the year. Irons were hot and the putter was consistent.

Started like I never played before....triple out of the gate. 52 out...a decent 46 (for me) coming in.

Back