What did you shoot today?

Screenshot_20200801-172111_Chrome.jpg

Left a bunch of strokes on the course today. I am really disappointed as I haven't broken 85 this Summer. No 3 putts but I putt atrociously. As thrilled as I am to post an 88 in a tournament, I can't help but think about the 3 x 2-3ft putts I missed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Played two nines from different tee boxes today.
1st nine. 38 FIR= 6/7 GIR= 1/9 Putts= 9 Yes 9 putts, 2 chip ins, one for birdie, one for a par save.
2nd nine. 37 FIR= 5/7 GIR= 5/9 Putts- 14

So totals 38/37=75 FIR=11/14 GIR- 6/18 Putts= 23
I felt really relaxed today and didn't worry about my tee shots much. Even though I didn't hit many greens the chipping and putting saved me for sure. Lowest ever putts in a round for me.

I started birdie, birdie, par, birdie this morning. Got up and down for bogey on the next, and proceeded to thin my drive on the 6th which never cleared the hazard. By the time I walked off 6 green I was +1.
It all worked out, however: 41/39 for a nice even 80.

36 - 38 - 74. The game seems to be finally rounding back into shape. 3 birdies, 10 pars and 5 bogeyd.

Went after work for a quick 9, don't know why I bother after working in the sun all day in and out of boats! Shot a +5 41 and never got loosened up. Did roll some good putts and my chipping was on point but any full swings....🤮

39/47 today for 86. I had 4 sandy pars after being in 6 green side bunkers. Just missed the other putts. The two par 5's on the back just beat me up bad even after a great drive on 14th par 5. Played some solid golf overall i feel. Played 18 from the tips and made par which was a great way to finish!

Fun day. It wasn’t a great round, but wasn’t bad either. A triple and a double left their mark on my card5D943268-838F-4FB8-A9AB-AA541F91C1F7.png

42/38 for an 80 (+8), one stroke away from tying my PB and breaking 80 for the second time. We played from the white tees (5600) because it was windy today, but I still consider it a good round for me. Only bummer is that I was deliberately trying NOT to keep score in my head, to keep the pressure off, and I didn't know until after I was done that leaving my approach shot short on 18 and taking a bogey instead of a birdie kept me from breaking 80. I probably would have played that shot a little more aggressively had I known. Grrrr. Good side is that I won 5 skins.

9/12 FW, 9/18 GIR, 33 putts. 1 birdie, 10 pars, 5 bogeys, 2 doubles.

Shot a personal best for the course at 91 that I have historically struggled at. Swing fixes from the week left me hitting the ball straighter with less draw/hook leaving a me just off the green to the right way more then I am used too.

Shot a personal best for the course at 91 that I have historically struggled at. Swing fixes from the week left me hitting the ball straighter with less draw/hook leaving a me just off the green to the right way more then I am used too.
Congrats on the PB.

Played well at the other home course. 41 and 44... Back 9 had 3 doubles. So had birdies and eagle 🦅 opportunity after the shot of my life..
💡

50/39-89. Tale of two nines. I tried a nice controlled swing on the front. It didn’t work. Swung hard on the back. It worked. What a strange game! First time I’ve ever broken 40 on either nine at this course. New putting grip is here to stay.
73AEA486-8C5E-4942-9CF7-1670BE9A6DCF.jpeg

18 today

78(+8)
1 birdie

Was very wet and windy, happy with how I played just left a few too many putts 1 or 2 rolls short

Not a great round, yesterday. The driver hated me. Snap hook city. Shot a 79.

Not a great round, yesterday. The driver hated me. Snap hook city. Shot a 79.
I'm not sure I've every heard you mention snaps before. Little anxious/tight?

I'm not sure I've every heard you mention snaps before. Little anxious/tight?

No, I think just “old and stiff.” I played the day before in 100 degrees and it was over 100 degrees. I walked, probably a mistake in the heat. I think my backswing was really short and quick, no body turn. I am not concerned about it.

No, I think just “old and stiff.” I played the day before in 100 degrees and it was over 100 degrees. I walked, probably a mistake in the heat. I think my backswing was really short and quick, no body turn. I am not concerned about it.
Haha Well it's nice to know I have company! On the stiff lack of body turn, and the lack of concern. (y)

I shot 83 yesterday in the qualifier for my clubs scratch match play championship. 83 was the worst score I could have shot. I haven’t played a round of golf like that where you have to put every ball in the hole and it showed. I took a triple on a par 5 on the front when I pulled my drive slightly into the rough and tried to hit a Heavenwood to get into wedge range which didn’t come out well and left me in a terrible lie I had to hack out of. The rough shut my wedge down which wound up in a trap. I hit a decent wedge shot to about 8 feet which I ran two feet back. I compounded things by not taking my time and running that 4 feet past which I made for an 8.

On the next par 5 I knew I was going to have to make some birdies coming in and tried be aggressive on my approach which led to a terrible swing leaving a 30 yard bunker shot from under a tree. I tried (and failed) to chip a 9 iron out of the trap instead of just playing to the right side of the green. I was still under the tree in a bad lie and the ball jumped up and got knocked down then I got up and down for a 7.

There were 40 guys playing for 8 spots. 77 was the last qualifier. The course is hard the CR is 75 and the slope is 145. While it is a par 71 for me it plays close to a par 74. There are 4 par 4s that from the back tees play 440+. For me that is a solid drive and a 3 wood. I can shoot the number needed but my short game needs to be better.

I learned a lot about my game none of which was surprising. My driving of the ball was solid (11/14 fairways.) My short game was a bit loose and I need some confidence on my green reads. To shoot a good number on this course I need to put myself in position to make birdies on the 3 par 5s.

I had forgotten how much fun golf like that is. I had 76 or 77 in me with ball striking I had I need to be better mentally and sharpen my short game a bit.

41-37-78 +6. That's with a bogey and two doubles on three of the par 5s :cautious: Great day besides those holes lol

Back