What did you shoot today?

41/39 one of the best iron striking days in a long time. Going one deg. flat really made a difference, at least it did mentally apparently.

84=41/43. I hit 12 greens. I feel like I played much better than I scored. I had one birdie but I also had a triple and 3 doubles. I 3 putted 4 times and missed a birdie putt of about 2 and a 1/2 feet.

I'd been in a bit of a rut as of late, playing some pretty terrible golf. Finally put a round together today - shot a 76, 2 over on the back. Course isn't super hard, but hit a lot of good shots. First time I could say that in a while. Kept the big numbers off the card.

Shot a 103 today. Much harder coursebthan I usually play and with the 6:40 am tee time could not hit the range first. Water twice, deep bunker once and 3 putts killed me. Still, a year ago I would have shot over 120. My partner shot his best round ever at 82.Screenshot_20200802-120006_18Birdies.jpg

Screenshot_20200802-163021_Chrome.jpg

Windy AF today. I hit some really good shots that I was really happy about. I am excited at how many times I was putting for par. Just got to put everything together and I will break that 85 this Summer.

Only been playing a couple of months. Played a summer or so probably 10+ years ago, but never regularly. Been largely just playing 9 holes after work some days, so trying to break 50 has been my short term goal. 54 was my best to date, but headed out with some new clubs today, and posted a satisfying 45. Very happy.
Out again tomorrow to see if it was a one off or not.

Follow up to this, played again yesterday, different course, it’s a 9 hole and quite a bit shorter than Fridays, not much call for a driver, but a bit more technical, lot more hazards on the course.
Went round twice, shot 46 and then 42 for a net 88. Still a few holes where the wheels came off, largely around water.... but overall starting to find some signs of improvement and consistency. Sand recovery has improved also.
Been a good end to the week.

Tale of two 9s today for me.

38-46

37-39/ 76 today. Hit the ball pretty good and chipped pretty dang good. Double, 2 birdies, 4 bogeys

Shot 84, struggled on front, 44-40

A windy 43/39=82 on a par 71. 5 lip out putts really killed me today, should have easily broke 80 again today.

Not bad for me. 15 should've been a six, but we play one Mulligan per 18 and I re-teed instead of talking distance, so I posted as if 3 of the tee since it was a good round (for me).

Finishing strong is awesome

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200802-165301.png
    Screenshot_20200802-165301.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 5
37 - 39 - 76. Wilted a bit in the heat and humidity down the stretch with bogeys on 15, 16 and 17. 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogeys.

Shot 81 today. Struggled with distance control but overall was a good round.

38/41 for 79 this afternoon. No birds and 11 pars. Kept the ball in play except for 1 tee shot. Solid irons and wedges All day. I did one putt the last two holes. I quit adding up my score while I am playing so I don’t think about it. Had I known that might have changed the result Lol.

Played in my member member today and got smoked. I shot a 40-36-76 and my partner shot an 80.

I was pleased with my score considering I had a back muscle spasm the entire round and I strained a rib muscle yesterday. I proved to myself I can still score even though I had considerable pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday.

I shot a 79 (my first 70's round this year) from the black tees on this course.

89de4ac893b36a8356ba4fc7_l.jpg

This is my best differential ever and I honestly feel like it could have been 4-5 strokes better. I had one 3 putt double (only 3 putt and only double of the round on the same hole). I missed a birdie on 4 from 3' after sticking a 6i tight. I hit my tee shot on 5 only 86y and still managed a bogey, then bogied a gettable par 5 on 7. Plus, I managed a 79 from nearly 7k yards while only hitting 2 fairways and 4 GIR. I did get U&D 7 times, but I know I left some strokes out there. All in all, I'm happy. I know the game is coming together finally. It has been a LONG 8 months.

Screenshot_20200803-084600_Golf Pad.jpg

Last edited:
Did a little experiment on Saturday. I played the front 9 without using my driver as I wanted to see how much work I had to do to get 3w and hybrid off the tee as viable options. It did not go well. I was 10 over through 9 when usually from the tees I was playing I would be 2-3 over. Now I was hitting everything right for some reason so it was not just the tee game. The 3w did not give me stupid long approach shots so I think if I could start getting comfortable with it I would take it more often. Once I got onto the back 9 I decided to hit the driver. I had long straight drives that led to a bunch of scoring opportunities. I was 2 over on the back.

Another interesting thing, I was paired up with a guy that has been playing for 4 months. He played the tips. Now he had no business playing there and me and another guy were 2 tee boxes up from him but he wasn't slow. There were some spots where we had to tell him to play but overall he didn't slow us down. He was hitting his driver 200-220 yds and never looked to move tees. We did explain to him the course rating and slope after he said he underestimated the course.

Oh and my tee time was 12:30 and it was 110*. When I finished up it was 117*. I was not going to tolerate slow play.

Sunday's round at Palouse Ridge was a little frustrating.
The greens were lightning fast and I kept over reading the breaks and had a hard time adjusting for the speed.
Only had one 3 putt but I only made 1 putt over 10 feet that resulted in a 39-40=79 round.

40/43 = 83. And I scrambled my way there, with only 3/18 GIR and 27 putts. 1 birdie, 9 pars, 5 bogeys, 2 doubles and a triple (bad tee shot on a long par 5 had me hitting 3 from the tee).

Well after 2 disappointing 9s, 44 and 47, on Saturday, I went out today and shot a 2 over 72! Amazing what a good night's rest will do, swing felt fluid and smooth, putting was on fire, now if I could get my driver distance up I would be a content man.:)

Played a course today called Bartlett Hills in Bartlett, Illinois. Shot 44/43=87. I had to add the card 3 times just to make sure. The back was a real grind today. The best shot of the round was an 8i over water on18 that landed just right of the pin about 10 ft from the hole. The birdie putt came up short. So settled for par. Its coolie time right now. :drinks:

Back