What did you shoot today?

I think my game is starting to come together. 39/39 for 78. Driver was on, approach shots were solid and putting was average. I've actually been needing to pull the divot tool out of my pocket over the last two rounds so that's promising. Hit my new 3W a couple of times, fairly straight and decent distance.

Only hole I really made a mess of was the par 3 second; for the second time in as many days left my tee shot short left in the bunker. Was short-sided today and caught just a smidge of ball with the 58 putting it over the back. Didn't hit a good chip coming back and 2 putted for double. Erased the double completely by birdieing the 3rd hole which was a great feeling.

I really, really need to find a grass range where I can go practice.

39/42 - 81
38/42 - 80

From 6950. Little frustrated with my swing right now. Actually, a lot frustrated.

39/42 - 81
38/42 - 80

From 6950. Little frustrated with my swing right now. Actually, a lot frustrated.
I know the feeling, I've been frustrated about my driver swing all year, was planning on lesson's for it this summer.....so much for that, thank you Rona! Moved up a set of tees to the white today just to get my groove on and shot a 2 over 72 from 5980. Made me feel better about this stupid game! 😉

Shot 51 in league today.....laughable at best. Really boiled down to 3 of the first 4 holes I decided to have my mind on other things and make mental mistakes.

Embarrassed to say, 99. Been playing very well lately, then this? Time to regroup. Only thing I can think of is a cut on my left index finger.

9 Holes

34 (-1)
1 Birdie and 8 pars

38/38=76 Fun round, 1 birdie, 5 bogeys 12 pars. 30 putts.

Back at it tonight. The score doesn't reflect it, but I'm hitting the ball so much better than I had been the past few weeks. I probably shouldn't have even played tonight as it poured all day and the only ~3ish hour window of no rain was 6pm-9pm. But I packed the car up in the pouring rain and hit the tee at 5:55pm. It POURED the first 4 holes, there wasn't a single person but me out there.

Not my best score this year, not my worst. I don't hit the ball a long way l so my 11% GIR doesn't bother me. Many par 4's for me are played like 5's where I just put myself in a spot where I'm comfortable hitting a third shot and hope to put myself in good position to make par.

Walked off the 18th green tonight and had one of those "oh ****" moments, though. None of the progress I made on my game this year would have occurred had I not pulled myself out of the dead-end, unhealthy, unrewarding job that I worked for 7 years. In November of last year I finally sacked up and said enough was enough. I started looking for a job. After 4 months of searching, I finally got an interview with a company I had been trying to get into throughout. After 3 interviews, I was extended an offer March 1st and I started at my new (amazing) job on March 16th. The 16th I showed up, they handed me a laptop, showed me how to login and sent me home. The next day the company closed their offices and put a hiring freeze in effect (everyone is working remotely). Last Summer I was working 6 day weeks, normally 12-16 hour days -- I played golf maybe a dozen times? And I hated my life. This Summer I joined a club and have (normally) been playing 18 before work in the morning and 9-18 after dinner. I've played 58 rounds of golf since May 4th and am happier than a pig in s***. :LOL:

Thanks for listening.

/blog. I should buy a diary.

Screenshot_20200804-215243_Chrome.jpg

76 (35/41) at my home course from 6,520 yards, 72.2 and 143. Started with a birdie on 1. Leaked oil from 14 to 16 by going +4 despite a legit chance of going +1. I got tight...it happens. 2 birds, 11 pars, 4 bogeys, and 1 double. 3 bogeys were on par 3s. Whoops!

GIR = 12/18. Titleist T200 irons were on fire today! 32 putts.

80, with 4 birdies and 4 penalty strokes, thanks to wayward drives.

Tied my personal best with 9 GIRs, to go along with 9/14 fairways hit.

41/41 = 82. A day when nothing was working fantastic, but everything was working okay enough. 9/12 FW, 7/18 GIR, 30 putts. 3 birdies, 7 pars, 3 bogeys, 5 doubles.

41 - 36 - 77. Front 9 started out well with a par on the tough 1st hole and took a quick turn for the worse. Straightened it back out on 9 and played pretty well from there on out. 1 birdie, 12 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

20200805_162804.jpg

I don't know what thegrints deal is with that hcp number. Shows the differential right though, so hopefully it'll sort out.

Fun round! Been layed up and just wanted to get the blood flowing, but played really well. On the fringe on both the greens I missed, and drove it really well until I ran out of steam at the end.

Forgot a putter, so I had to grab a lender from the course, and they grabbed me the oldest lightest #1 blade I'd seen in a while. So that was a fun/weird challenge. So hard to steady and judge pace. Definitely cost me a couple, but can't complain. Way better score than I expected, and played really well out of trouble the only 2 times I was in it. Love a bogey free round.

Last edited:
Stopped off at the course on the way home from helping friends with storm damage.

I shot a 7

Par & par

Still too wet from the storm to play any further.

View attachment 8956447

I don't know what thegrints deal is with that hcp number. Shows the differential right though, so hopefully it'll sort out.

Fun round! Been layed up and just wanted to get the blood flowing, but played really well. On the fringe on both the greens I missed, and drove it really well until I ran out of steam at the end.

Forgot a putter, so I had to grab a lender from the course, and the grabbed me the oldest lightest #1 blade I'd seen in a while. So that was a fun/weird challenge. So hard to steady and judge pace. Definitely cost me a couple, but can't complain. Way better score than I expected, and played really well out of trouble the only 2 times I was in it. Love a bogey free round.
Bogey free is always nice!

So, what is better playing with three generations and having fun or scoring your second best round ever?

Playing with these guys of course. With school about to start up again it will be another 9 plus months before we get to tee it up again.

4BF4AEF3-7C23-40B3-B163-A2E105F8AA51.jpeg

EE17A08B-F380-4E97-8643-55341A25B099.jpeg

40/39 with 9 pars, 8 bogeys and 1 birdie. Struggled off the tee but kept in play. Lots of up and downs (6/10) and 8 1 putts in a round of scrambling today.

38/42 - 80 from 7000.

Thank you b*tch fade on on 14 and airmailed shot into the pond behind the green for the quad. Love you too!

38 - 37 - 75. Hit exactly one solid iron shot today. Chipping and putting bailed me out several times. 3 birdies (all on 58 degree wedge approach shots), 9 pars and 6 bogeys.

1 under in league today . But only a 9 hole league and short course .

49-43 for a dismal 92. Still struggling with driver and today my other woods followed that pattern.

A pretty solid 86. Even par over the last 6 holes with 4 pars, a bogey & a birdie. Lost 4 balls thru 11 holes where the ball hopped maybe a yard into the waist high grass/weeds... those were all bad breaks. Normally would find half of those...

Back