What did you shoot today?

9 holes tonight after work

38 (+3)
No birdies

Hot and muggy, didn't really play all that well, but still enjoyed myself

Wife came along and took pictures of us playing

Last edited:
41 / 38 / 79 - Struggled on the first hole, then settled down and started to play better.

2020-08-07_12-17-02.png

Moved up to 6500 and shot 74, 6 bogeys and 4 birdies which was....an adventure.

44/39 = 83. Went off cold and then skipped holes 4 through 8 to get around a herd of hack (came back and finished those holes last). Greens were so unpredictable today - one would be slow, then the next would be fast, and breaks were similarly inconsistent. 7/12 FW, 8/18 GIR, 35 putts. 9 pars, 7 bogeys, 2 doubles.

Shot an 81 w/ 32 putts. Had my longest drive of the season so far! 320 right down the pipe of a par 5. Also the 81 was my PB on the course I played. Elbow started hurting around hole 9 and my driver and long shots suffered but overall super happy with my round!
69F66A91-0BC2-4675-843E-AA52B32914D9.png

Well, I followed up the 79 w/ 25 putts from Sunday with an ugly 43-44/87 w/ 33 putts yesterday. I only hit 2 fairways and 4 greens on Sunday. Hit 6/6 yesterday. The silver lining, should I choose to see it, is that I had zero three putts. I had only 3 one putts, though, too.

45-43 I sucked again 88. I don’t know what to say, after shooting a PB I’m destined for two weeks on the struggle bus. For me that’s my golf game.

20200807_145336.jpg

The tee acc. on 15 is wrong, I hit that one. All the par 3's. I hate it when the grint does that, where you want to mark it 20' long but on the green, and it puts it as LONG.

Anyway, good round. Used some fuel to focus my iron play and it was good. Couple wedges could have been better, but I was on the fringe on 13, and had a good approach on 2 once I got out of the epic mess I got myself in off the tee. At least we were playing through a bunch of people while I built my own house in the woods there. :LOL:. Didn't putt great. Greens were different today. Pretty soft, but super fast, which was a weird combo. We left one guy with a different group, played through a busy course in less than 3 hours, and never got hot. In a former life that would deserve a cocktail.

38 - 37 - 75. If not for 2 blow up holes and countless lip outs and burned edges, it would have been a really good round. 3 birdies, 11 pars, 2 bogeys and 2 doubles.

I didn't shoot jack squat today.

Although after nine hours in front of the computer screen at work, I wanted to shoot myself. Carding 115 for a round of golf would have been better than that.

Retirement can't come soon enough for me.

+5 over 9 holes...

82 on a tough course and 5 lost balls/penalties. So frustrating on days like this where you strike the ball well and somehow you lose balls just off the fairway in deep native grasses. Oh well, we had fun :)

43-45. Made a set up change yesterday on recomendaron of a pro. Set up further from the ball, I was crowding it. I like it, I get it, it will just take some time to get used to it.

36 holes today 47/47 and 45/47 tricky greens lots of three putts.... Extremely difficult and didn't have mojo on either course.rough go... 36 tomorrow...

77. 41/36. Took me a little while to get going today. Just couldn't quite find the slot the first 5 or 6 holes then played very well.

Went out to get a warm up in before @GoldenBuff and I play tomorrow on a pretty challenging course. Shot a very poor 42 through nine. Tomorrow will be way better though playing for the first time with a THPer!

FEDFF8DD-DBF8-43E5-9043-535082D00FD3.jpegNett 72 today - 98 gross
Poor start today with a 9 on the second hole. Had a sweet run of 4 pars on the bounce in the middle of the front 9. Had a bit of a wobble at the start of the back but all in all it was a really tidy round of golf.

Last edited:
A two under 70 with only one bogey on a 445 yard par 4. I didn’t bogie any of the par 5’s but I also got up and down twice from greenside bunkers.

43/44-87 on Thursday. Putter went cold on the back 9. Too many 3 jacks 🤦🏼‍♂️

43-43 today. Tough conditions, very very wet and soggy. Ball didn’t travel at all. Tough wasn’t cut for a couple weeks apparently, barely got the club in the ball in some spots. Drives were solid. Irons were erratic mostly due to conditions. Chip and putting was decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40-42/82 today. Had a few decent putts but nothing spectacular. One three putt on a nasty slope. Darn good chipping gave me plenty of chances to get up and down. Two chunky irons and one dribbled drive (into a hazard) were the only real bad shots of the day. Really thrilled with this round!
91D636D2-92CF-49FC-AC2B-DA5B884ADAA4.jpeg

40/42 82 at The Raven today. 1 bird, 1 double, 9 bogeys. Interesting round. 4 total FW's hit and 6 total greens. 32 putts on super slow greens. 2 lip outs on the back 9 hurt.

Back