What did you shoot today?

43/44 = 87. Moments of brilliance interspersed with episodes of sheer idiocy.

Shot 46/40=86. Today was one of those days today. Was totally flat on the front nine today. Luckily for me I came alive on the back nine. The putter and driver were great on the back nine. Had five one putts greens on the back nine for 13 putts.

Even par which was very pleasing considering they punched the greens two days ago and I only had one 3 putt and made no putts Over 5 feet long.

Another 76 today.

Did something today I’ve not done since 13 years old. I played the last 11 holes with an interlock grip. I just hit my tee shot on 8 (par 3) for giggles and it felt great. Proceeded to keep it going and hit some absolute bomb drives. 9th hole drive was one of the longest I’ve hit in recent memory. Shot 1 over on the back after going 3 over on the front.
Now I’m seriously considering switching from an overlap to interlock grip. Not sure what I’m thinking....a bit crazy..

Last edited:
Woooohooooo! I did it today boys! After a long season of getting close I broke 80 in what was the best round of my life! Driver was pumping ( check out EXS 220 thread later tonight) and wedges were dialed in... Par 3s were a struggle with missed greens and up and down pars... Three birdies on the round!

Probably not as exciting for most on here but for me I was amped. Trying to forget score through round and never focusing on scorecard totals.
39/38 - 77!!!!

Woooohooooo! I did it today boys! After a long season of getting close I broke 80 in what was the best round of my life! Driver was pumping ( check out EXS 220 thread later tonight) and wedges were dialed in... Par 3s were a struggle with missed greens and up and down pars... Three birdies on the round!

Probably not as exciting for most on here but for me I was amped. Trying to forget score through round and never focusing on scorecard totals.
39/38 - 77!!!!
Heck ya man!! We celebrate accomplishments, all improvement is good improvement! Congrats!

Played some of the best golf of my life today. Shot a 2 under 34 on the front and then shot 3 under on the back but only for 15 holes. 5 birdies and the rest pars. We skipped some due to pace of play. Everything was clicking and golf actually seemed easy. This has happened before and I have no idea why. And it always is fleeting. So tomorrow should be a $hit show for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck ya man!! We celebrate accomplishments, all improvement is good improvement! Congrats!
Thanks man... I have gotten ose on some 9 hole 39 rounds but never 18...on was 83 before this.

Oh and I forgot some old dude picked up my drive on 9 that was sitting in the middle of the fairway. I was watching and was WTF is that guy doing? I intercepted him as he was driving up to his green and asked him why he picked up my ball. He said it was his. I told him there is no way you are hitting a speckled Drip Vice ball. He really looked at it and gave it to me and said sorry. Man WTF??

Oh and I forgot some old dude picked up my drive on 9 that was sitting in the middle of the fairway. I was watching and was WTF is that guy doing? I intercepted him as he was driving up to his green and asked him why he picked up my ball. He said it was his. I told him there is no way you are hitting a speckled Drip Vice ball. He really looked at it and gave it to me and said sorry. Man WTF??

That's ballsy considering location and significantly unique ball.

37/37 for a two over 74. 14 GIR. 33 putts. I feel like my putting is letting me down in terms of going lower.

39/38 - 77!!!!
Congrats on breaking 80!! Great round!!! :drinks:

39/38 - 77!!!!
What a round man! I love seeing people improve and celebrate it! One of the best things about this place. Be proud and go out there and do it again!

What a round man! I love seeing people improve and celebrate it! One of the best things about this place. Be proud and go out there and do it again!
That will be the true test. But the feeling of things getting better was awesome.

39/38 - 77!!!!
Congrats on the great round.

Another 76 today.

Did something today I’ve not done since 13 years old. I played the last 10 holes with an interlock grip. I just hit my tee shot on 8 (par 3) for giggles and it felt great. Proceeded to keep it going and hit some absolute bomb drives. 9th hole drive was one of the longest I’ve hit in recent memory. Shot 1 over on the back after going 3 over on the front.
Now I’m seriously considering switching from an overlap to interlock grip. Not sure what I’m thinking....a bit crazy..
11 holes... ;)

Way to go!

39/38 - 77!!!!
Congrats, great job! That's a barrier that feels so good to break!

A couple of the guys I play with are ball hawks. They're experienced, long-time golfers and should know better, but they've accidentally picked up balls in play like that a few times. It always embarrasses me even though I don't have anything to do with it. I won't touch a ball other than my own on the course unless I can be absolutely, positively, 100% sure that it's not in play by somebody else. I made that mistake a couple times back when I was first learning to play, and felt like an idiot.

46/48 - 94 on a windy day. Irons worked much better than normal today. I'm getting used to the Mavrik MAX irons with graphite shafts. Putting felt a little better but I still had 40 putts with four 3-putts, six tap-ins. I picked up about 20 yards (Arccos) with my driver and fairways and drastically cut my slice to a manageable fade, by keeping my right elbow tucked in on my backswing, forcing me to turn my body more. Started hitting more fairways once I knew that was going to be my driver/fairway shot shape. I'm not where I want to be yet, but my Grint scoring average is down two strokes and the scores of my seven eighteen hole rounds so far this year are better than those of 12 of the 14 rounds I played in the prior three years.IMG_1242[1].PNG

Final day of a member guest im playing in today. We are 1.5 points back in 4th. Not out of it but got some serious work to do. Striking the ball great but just didn't do quiet enough, yet. The greens are lightning fast and the rough grown way up, clearly the super is getting amped up by wingfoot.

Yesterday, shot 87 (+16) with a double, triple, and a quad on the card. Hoping for a better performance today.

Shot a very tired 85 today with 2 lost balls

We were out with friends last night and after getting home after 1am we had to be up early to head in to town so probably only had about 5 hours sleep and it showed

Greens were pretty quick today but they were also form and not as receptive as usual so you had to allow for a bit more roll-out which took me a couple holes to adjust to

Back