What did you shoot today?

35/39 for a 74 today. I am a little upset with myself. I was 2 under after 11 holes. I just didn’t bring it the rest of the round. I hit 12 greens, but only got up and down 1/6 times and had a double bogie. When you have 4 birdies, 12 GIR and hit 9/13 FIR, you ought to shoot under par.
That is some solid golf though. (y)

4 under from 6700 yards slope of 140.
(Scramble at Cascata) very difficult greens made birdies rare.

I posted a 78 playing the Donalda Club from the blue tees on Monday and then had quite possibly one of the most hectic weeks I have ever had at work.

I started today's round with three straight pars, got into some trouble on four, hitting the same tree twice trying to make it to the green. I survived the par 3 fifth, made a very solid par on 6 and then the driver left me. It was physically there, but it wanted no part of the remainder of the round. Luckily my putter stepped up and contributed multiple par saving putts. Despite hitting driver all over the map I managed to post an 84.

45/44 today. Had a lot of GIRs, but did not convert enough of them. Still really happy with the score as the course was super wet with water standing in a number of places and we had light rain most of the round. I was crushing my 5 iron off the tee today and that was worth it all. :cool:

First full 18 in well over a month today. Cruising along just fine on the front nine until my Ping G400 4H club head came off on a a 220yd shot. I recovered the club head and the shaft isn't broken. Guess I'm lucky. Back nine went to hell. Ended up shooting a 79 with probably 5 missed birdie putts from around 10 feet.

Another garbage round today just can't hit the ball straight, very frustrating going backwards these last three rounds. I have to get this figured out

+1 (36)on the 9 completed... The back leaked oil, but didn't finish... +4 through 7 on back everything is jellin!

49/43 - putting has been ugly all year. I think that’s gonna be the next club to change in the bag.

tried Arccos for the first time today. Worked really well. Missed a couple putts that were tap ins. Otherwise picked everything else up.

You played 27 today, dang. Putting numbers look good!

thank you...i need to work on my putting alignment...too many missed opportunities out there.

49/45-94. Looks like my trending handicap with be 24.0, down from 26.9 in April. Hit 9/14 fairways, and while the very dry conditions certainly helped my distance, so did some improved swing mechanics and a switch in balls. Because it was so dry, it was hard to hold the greens. Golfed with three strangers and we all had the same issue, including a medium height 6 iron from 164 that hit in the thick collar cut short of the green and rolled about 75 ft uphill to the back fringe. Things got better for me when I started to use the sand and lob wedges from 40 yards in, instead of trying the pitch and run. The short game saved me a lot of grief on the back nine.

(+) 9/14 fairways
(+) Zero penalty strokes
(+) Zero lost balls
(-) 39 putts. I can rationalize the greens had something to do with that number, but I have to be able to putt better than I have this season. I feel a little better about my mechanics, but I'm beginning to wonder whether I should start to audition new flatstick candidates. It's a slippery slope and I feel much shame even thinking about it.

But in eight times out this season, I've broken 100 five times - six if you count a 100 on a par 73 layout, and my worst round was a 102. I have confidence I'm going to make a good shot that is game management sound, and if I don't pull off that shot, I'm confident I can recover without needing a hero shot.

+1 (36)on the 9 completed... The back leaked oil, but didn't finish... +4 through 7 on back everything is jellin!
Solid!!!! Glad the play is coming together for you.

44/41 for an 85 on a course that just wasn't in that good of shape.

Shot 76 today from the blues at ~6600 yards in my club championship round. 33 on the front (personal best 9 holes ) with 1 bogey and 4 birdies. Then the back nine threw me some curve balls including back to back double bogeys to shoot 43. Still a great round and good enough for low round so far at 76.

60 people played today with another 142 more to play tomorrow. Our club championship is a 2 day tournament. 4 low gross scores from the Friday round or the Saturday round ( you only play one or the other ) make it to day 2 played on Sunday. Club championship is the combine gross low score of your Friday or Saturday round plus your Sunday round. Right now I am the low round at 76 with a 77 and a 79 behind me. We'll see if 4 of the guys on Saturday can shoot better. If not, I'm in for the 2nd round.

With that being said, I was already going to play on sunday because there is also a season long championship points trophy up for grabs thats a match play tournament style. I won my semi final match last Saturday to earn a spot to play heads up 18 hole match play on sunday. I was the #2 seed out of 250 players. Playing agianst the #1 seed who is a friend of mine.

And just to follow up on this one, I made the final round. Someone shot 74 today which put me in 2nd with my 76. There were 5 at 77 so they matched cards to get the last 2 spots filled. 130 PM tomorrow starts the round. I am 2 strokes behind for the stroke play club championship and I get 4 strokes for the 18 for the match play season championship. Going to be a big round tomorrow. 6690 yards from the tips. Going to put some pressure on the driver to get me there. And yes there are multiple 460+ yard par 4's.

1601174042368.png

Really up and down round today. Started off par/par/bogie and then the wheels fell off, especially with the driver. Still managed a 48 on the front. I righted the ship for a bit on the back but then finished with three consecutive doubles for a 52 and 100.

9 this morning

36 (+1)
1 birdie and 2 bogies

Back