What did you shoot today?

44-43-87. I had a three footer for birdie on the first hole and missed it. Should have known it wasn’t my day. Followed that with a triple and two doubles. I drove the following green for a chance at eagle and still three putted. My mind checked out at that point :LOL:

2nd day of interclub matches: had to play against a plus cap 17yo on his home course.

Came out firing, went 4 under in the first 6 holes. Kept the pressure on him the entire day, with pars and birdies. Shot 2 under (70) for the day and finished the match 6 and 5.

Our club won the cup back! Fun couple of days of golf.

45/41=86. Had an 8:10 tee time this morning. 😵
I didnt wake up till about tb 8th hole. My front nine reflected that. The back nine was so much better, driver, irons, and putter all started working. Had a double bogie on the 16th hole, par 3. Pared 17, and birdied the 18th par 5.

2nd day of interclub matches: had to play against a plus cap 17yo on his home course.

Came out firing, went 4 under in the first 6 holes. Kept the pressure on him the entire day, with pars and birdies. Shot 2 under (70) for the day and finished the match 6 and 5.

Boom!!! Told you the kid wouldn’t be able to handle the early pressure. Great playing!!!!

Way to play!

Kids got nothing on us .. non.. kids.. ? Less? Less.. kid. lol

+4 / +4 with 2 birds and 28 putts, pretty good day

Boom!!! Told you the kid wouldn’t be able to handle the early pressure. Great playing!!!!

Thanks Snick!!!! I was channelling my inner milk man!!!!!

PS: he apparently goes to a golf high school. I didn’t even know there was such a thing.

Thanks Snick!!!! I was channelling my inner milk man!!!!!

PS: he apparently goes to a golf high school. I didn’t even know there was such a thing.

Geez I feel like I really missed out growing up. :oops:

Great round, well done

38/40=78 FIR=13/14 GIR=11/18 Putts= 35 Front 9 i was rolling along easy and relaxed and pressed a bit on the back after putts where coming up short. I used the TT Ten today on greens that didn't get mowed this morning.
Should have been a much better round scoring wise but still happy with it.

Way to play!

Kids got nothing on us .. non.. kids.. ? Less? Less.. kid. lol
Funny, I started my day with three advil and some serious Theragun action.....guessing the young fella’s morning didn’t require that! Haha!

Funny, I started my day with three advil and some serious Theragun action.....guessing the young fella’s morning didn’t require that! Haha!
Even if it did, at 17 he's surely still too dumb and arrogant to realize it. Let them stay that way too. It's our only advantage!

I love kids.

:LOL:

Even if it did, at 17 he's surely still too dumb and arrogant to realize it. Let them stay that way too. It's our only advantage!

I love kids.

:LOL:
Best part is, He had to give me two strokes (handicapped matches) and they were on the two following holes after I ended the match.

The star of the show.... lol
image.jpg

20200927_141056.jpg

20200927_141242.jpg

I got that sandy, but must have tapped something wrong. Not going to edit. TheGrint puts this huge EDITED banner across your score if you do anyway. No big thing.

Fun. Took the wife and dog on the apartment course. She shot 50 on 9 and ended really strong. They quit and a young guy and I bounced around the next 9 to avoid a couple really slow groups. Felt good to hit the blades, and to not fight the shafts. Little hook-y off the tee, but some good approaches and putts, and a beautiful weather morning. Did some club testing after and it's time to get to work on the new irons.

View attachment 8965703

View attachment 8965704

I got that sandy, but must have tapped something wrong. Not going to edit. TheGrint puts this huge EDITED banner across your score if you do anyway. No big thing.

Fun. Took the wife and dog on the apartment course. She shot 50 on 9 and ended really strong. They quit and a young guy and I bounced around the next 9 to avoid a couple really slow groups. Felt good to hit the blades, and to not fight the shafts. Little hook-y off the tee, but some good approaches and putts, and a beautiful weather morning. Did some club testing after and it's time to get to work on the new irons.

My T100S irons were on fire today. Hit so many great iron shots.

He was gaming TaylorMade TW blades and I found it interesting how much offset they had.

Ya but it will this afternoon and tomorrow when he is reliving that round, I can here the whine here in Kansas.

My T100S irons were on fire today. Hit so many great iron shots.

He was gaming TaylorMade TW blades and I found it interesting how much offset they had.
See, I just haven't felt that way once yet with mine. I've scored well, but not where I've felt in control and on fire with them. They're good heads, but I had 2 notable mishits with my blades today, one on the toe, both dead straight just short. My misses with the T so far are not good. Something just isn't as right. I fight 'em, and it shows like crazy in my path. I'm gonna sort it out though.

I've never hit those clubs. Never had any interest. That's surprising about the offset. :unsure:

See, I just haven't felt that way once yet with mine. I've scored well, but not where I've felt in control and on fire with them. They're good heads, but I had 2 notable mishits with my blades today, one on the toe, both dead straight just short. My misses with the T so far are not good. Something just isn't as right. I fight 'em, and it shows like crazy in my path. I'm gonna sort it out though.

I've never hit those clubs. Never had any interest. That's surprising about the offset. :unsure:
I only looked at his 7 iron, but it had more offset than I anticipated.

The T100S iron have take. Me a bit of time to warm up to. Today was a pretty exceptional day with them.

35/40 for 75 on a par 73.

I lipped out a four foot birdie putt on the first hole WHAT?!?, hit a laser approach on four that struck the stick about 3 feet up and almost ricocheted back into the water. Solid up and down to save par. Chipped on on five with my 7 iron from off the green, about 30 feet total for birdie. 7th hole hit it pin high in two and converted the birdie (I probably hit this green 5% of the time in two). Messed up the 8th hole - it's a short par 5 but the tees are closed for repair so it's 75 yards shorter. Chunked my approach, but had a look at birdie which just rolled past the edge. The 9th hole is the same as the 7th - very hard to hit in regulation as there is a false front that kicks everything towards a bunker. Left my approach at the top of said front and down in two for par.
The 11th hole is where I got frustrated. Due to the dryness I had 190 in on the par 5 but was out of position right. Hit my SIM 3W which bounced into the hill that fronts the elevated green, kicked left into the rough, bounced a couple of times and just trickled onto the cart path into the red staked area on the other side. I mean this ball was barely moving but we couldn't find it. Took a drop and pitched it to about 6 feet. Rolled the putt right over the edge to settle for bogey. Pars on 12 and 13. Pulled my drive right into the trees on 14 and had to punch out. Chunked 3W to around 90 yards out and hit an absolute dart to 3 feet to save bogey. 15 missed the fairway right, but wasn't in tree trouble. Stuck wedge to 2 feet to offset the preceding bogey. 16 is a long s-bending par 5. Drive long and absolute dead centre of the fairway. Phat 3W into jail. Punched 5 iron out to a gap between the group of trees I was in and the next group. Still had some low hanging branches so I decided to hit the 5i again; punch shot that used the hill to the right of the green to redirect the ball to pin high about 8 feet away to save par. Slid the putt right over the edge again.
17 is a long par 3 that was dead into the wind; hit a perfect 3W to around 12 feet and two-putted for par. 18 is downwind, hit a bomb that got through the valley of the fairway onto the upslope. I can't get over the pond, so I pulled my 5H which never goes left and should leave me around 75 yards in. I must have not paid enough attention to my alignment, because as soon as the ball left the club I knew it was in the water. Took my drop, wedge just off the back of the green and two to get down.

I was very happy that nobody asked me what I shot as Dave broke 80 for the first time this year which was the focus of the day IMO. The funniest moment was on 18 tee when Bruce commented that he was tired of saying "nice drive/ shot" after most of my shots and John piped in and said "the only other thing you've said as much today is bogey" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shot a 78 yesterday and a 79 today

Shot an 80 today (par 72 course). I was testing some different golf balls and was not comfortable over the ball when putting. Yes, I will use that excuse today! Loving this weather now!!!!! GOLF SEASON!!!

It was NOT a good day. Only got in 15 holes and put up 77 strokes. Was on pace for ~90. Not my idea of playing well.

38/44 82

Not a bad score for me, in fact what I probably “average”. I’ve had scores in the 60’s, 70’s, 90’s and 100’s but this is my first 80’s score this year.

Of course I don’t play a lot, but still to get my average score I have to play 12 rounds to even come close.

The back tees there, not long but you had to hit a low draw several times from them. Which is awesome when you can hit one of those. Not so great when you lose that ability. I think the low part messed with me more than the draw part. But I kept them low, most hooks don’t get up there.

Back