What did you shoot today?

82 yesterday in the Sunday comp at my club - 1 over my handicap, 35 points

2 birdies but too many 3 putts cost me - greens were a lot slower than usual after the rain on Saturday and I couldn't adjust to it

44-44. A Triple and a gut wrenching double on Hole 17 the El Campeon at Mission Inn.

The blues at 6600 is a bit too far for me but it was to help out my nephew who has States next week at the same course. Having 190-215 on certain Par 4s isn't exactly ideal haha. I will say the Par 5s and 3s were fair. But 430 Yard Par 4s into the wind and an approach shot up hill is...Let's just say different than I'm used to haha.

On the flip side walking up to a 450 yard Par 4 with tailwind and hitting it 272 and getting a GIR with 5iron is fun hah.

I definitely would want to play this course again but from the whites, no shame.

Challenging course that makes you find the correct spot of the fairway which is nice.

Yesterday I didn't play well. I shot 85 from the whites with a quad on a par 3. I was just not striking the ball well and it was cold 47* at tee time and breezy. I didn't warm up with definitely impacted me as I generally need 20 balls or so to get loose.

I still had a lot of fun though. The course is beautiful, I was playing with my two BILs and a friend and we had a bunch of laughs plus I won $20.

Every day of golf is a good day.

47 on 9. Played pretty well. Windy round from the blues. Lost two balls that were in play from down tree branches and leaves. Both were just off fairway on long drives. Couple other bad chips. Easily could have turned in a 42-43 with minor improvements.

Getting new irons. Played my brand new Apex Pro's and couldn't get the feel and spin I want. Nice club, small face just doesn't perform for me.

Going to sell them to my buddy and go looking for a better of irons for me.

36 - 38 - 74. 74 yesterday also which I forgot to post. Thinking maybe I should play at about 75% strength (flu pretty bad last week and still recovering) more often. 2 birdies, 12 pars and 4 bogeys.

20201027_214453.jpg

From the hole handicaps and yardages it looks like I mostly beat up the easier holes, and a couple lucky breaks in tough conditions today really flipped the fate. Flirted with tree trouble a few times with driver but it never cost me. Bad shot on the short par 3 7th, then dropped a 30 footer. Had the yardage or wind wrong a few times and missed, but in easy up and down spots. Pulled the crap out of a 3i off the tee in 14 and kicked into an easy chip and putt of the base of a tree.

Approach shots on 3, 4, 9, 12, 13, 15, and 17 were beauties, butt missed the bold ones. The M Craft 1 drives me nuts. No idea if I'm going to drop 'em or not even give it a chance sometimes. There's brilliance and maddening inconsistency for me with that thing. #10 was good off the tee, and short on approach. There's an error there.

It was cold, muddy, shaggy because it's been raining for a couple days, but they had mowed the greens and they were good. Interesting layout that only let me hit driver 9 or 10 times. Should have been worse. Feel totally dialed in one moment and completely out of whack the next over the ball. And I need to get my loft checked in my 7i, and my lies in AW, SW, and LW. Distance and divots seem off. Feel lucky to get a round in there though, because it's usually booked 2 weeks out. Hope to get back there when it dries up and see how it goes without all the luck. And not play a shared cart with 90* rule. That took forever.

Last edited:
Played 9 holes this morning

33 (-2)
2 Birdies

Course has gone to Winter Mats from the tee now, so some of the holes play totally different from the tee

Played 9 holes this morning

33 (-2)
2 Birdies

Course has gone to Winter Mats from the tee now, so some of the holes play totally different from the tee
That's interesting. I just found out a course here does that, and is about to switch. I've never played like, and it surprised me since the season doesn't close. Seems like it would be a whole different course from the par 3s. How does it work where you are for scoring? Same or different?

That's interesting. I just found out a course here does that, and is about to switch. I've never played like, and it surprised me since the season doesn't close. Seems like it would be a whole different course from the par 3s. How does it work where you are for scoring? Same or different?

It has made 2 of the par 3's longer and 1 is exactly the same length, just a slightly different angle. Par's remain the same, it's mainly the lines you take from the tee that are different. Some of them are more like playing from the Back tees and some are totally different. The 5th for example is a 5 iron for me usually over the corner of the dogleg, but now its a hybrid as it plays much longer with only a slight dogleg now

Still if it gives the tees time to recover and not get ruined, I can live with it

Had a fun quick round. Wasn't really planning on playing and wasn't playing my A game, just kind of out there enjoying it. 91. Score was not good, but round was very enjoyable.

Back 9 twice again today. 41 (+6) / 44 (+9) for an 85. Fall is here - it was 47° when we teed off, but about 70° when we finished.

Nice calm, sunny day, which is good - we didn't play Monday because the winds were blowing 35-40 mph with 50+ mph gusts, with temps in the low 40s at what would have been tee time. No thanks! 🥶

Shot an 82 for my effort at Boulder City GC. Played from the whites with a couple friends, and a younger relative..

Was a 43/39 split fo me for a 10 over par. Made a few stroke saving putts, with the rest of my game being pretty average for me.

Yesterday at practice, I noticed the turf was staying pretty wet later into the day. I decided to make a set up change. I removed my LW, 5I, and 6I, and replaced them with my 4, 5, & 6 Ironwoods. Seemed to help with the moist turf.

With warmer, drier weather returning, I will change back. I was intrigued by the 4 Ironwood however.

37 - 37 - 74. 2 birdies, 12 pars and 4 bogeys.

43-41 was a struggle round but score was not bad.

Played with a buddy and his son at Valencia today. My first time here. Fun course but super wet course. Also very windy today. Played better than the score shows. Putts just would not go in. Driver was working well today. Only (1) birdie but I earned it too. C9A3C1C8-E947-40B8-A793-4C99E948DC3E.jpeg

Shot my best round ever by 2 strokes. 42/41 - 83. 1 birdie, 7 pars, 9 bogey, 1 triple. Only having 1 blow up hole really helps. And that blow up hole came thanks to an OB tee shot...on a par 3...

40 - 36 - 76. Took me several holes to thaw out from the frigid, to me, 60 degree weather I played in. 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogeys.

A solid -2 on my home course with just 2 bogies after a 2 week layoff due to snow and cold weather. I chipped in with an 8 rion for eagle from 10 feet short of the green on the 540 yard 15th hole which was fun. Everything was pretty solid today other than three drives missed left. It was 38* when we teed off and 42* when we finished but it was just good to be out as the course is closing Sunday for the winter. I should be able to get two or three more MN rounds in next week before all the courses close.

20201031_003558.jpg

On a longer course that would have gone differently. Kind of crazy it was a clean round, because I was fighting it at times today. Most of the time, really. Some wayward tee shots, wasn't quite as good with my wedges as normal except greenside, missed a couple makeable putts, and was positively allergic to hitting a par 3 green.

Teed and approached with my new X Forged UT a half dozen times, so it was fun to see the course from a couple spots I'm not normally in. It rained for 4 days this week, so it was a wet mess, and cart path only was ridiculous there. It's just not designed for it. A few good shots though and the weather turned out beautiful when the sun came out. Nice fall day really. I need a break though. My body just doesn't want to do what it needs to do out there right now. Getting some funky habits from compensating.

Last edited:
Shot my best round ever by 2 strokes. 42/41 - 83. 1 birdie, 7 pars, 9 bogey, 1 triple. Only having 1 blow up hole really helps. And that blow up hole came thanks to an OB tee shot...on a par 3...
Congrats on the personal best!! 👊

41-41=82. 2 shots off my personal best. 1 blow up hole (triple bogey,) 8 bogeys, 9 pars. After realizing a few things with my setup and swing, things are looking good. Best ever GIR today as well (67% 11-18)

43-41 again. Now indefinitely have some things to work on as there are some glaring issues keeping me from better scores.

44/46 - 90. PB. Breaking 90 is coming. I didn’t even play that well today. Just didn’t have any blow up holes and didn’t 3 putt. Had an easy approach from 105 on the 18th and flew the green and flubbed my chip for a double bogey.

Back