What did you shoot today?

20201112_164216.jpg

I played pretty darn well. The old putter and I got back on the same page and made 3 really nice ones including one from off the green on 12. Had something working a little too well early on off the tee. Bombed a 290 3W through the fairway and right into the creek on 5, and same thing with a 310 driver on 9. Haven't taken 2 penalty drops in a round in a while, but was bouncing back quickly. The new Apex MBs were stellar. Wasn't super accurate with some wedge shots today and it cost me on 16. Missed by 10on the wrong side and was in a bad spot. Lost the driver a bit on the last hole, think I was tired. Still made a rare birdie for me on that one though with a beauty of a low cut 8i from 151 to a tough pin. Lots of good shots today and it felt great to have a good putting day after how that's been recently. Beautiful weather, 3 groups that need a lesson in golf, and a phone update that screwed up my golf app and made us miss some Masters updates. Good day though. Much better than last time out.

Just noticed I didn't birdie the drivable par 4, bogeyed the next 2 shortest, and gained strokes on the longer par 3's. That's kind of opposite of my usual.:unsure:

Last edited:
Played 9 holes with my daughter this afternoon. Shot a 42 w/ 18 putts. I skulled and chunked 2 chips on #1 and hit my birdie putt too hard on #7, grazing the hole but was down hill, so ended up 3 putting, and then missed a 3’ putt on #9. That being said, I mainly wanted to get out because I’ve been dealing with a deceleration problem with my irons and fairways and wanted to do some work. Very successful day in that category. Hit some of my best iron shots I’ve hit all year. That being said my over the top has come back and just need to combo the acceleration with removing the over the top and I’ll be good to go. Even though putter wasn’t spectacular today, I’m very happy with what I wanted to accomplish.

Tee’d it up today with my Aunt. She took me out for my very first golf round when I was young. We took on Regatta Bay today and I shot an 89.

3863FC49-0805-45B8-9D11-2E3A814C33A7.jpeg
A4EC437E-A48F-458F-952C-C495801997CA.jpeg
AE3F416E-6F4D-4458-A873-8A254958165A.jpeg
0F76270E-9534-4751-953A-BC88CCAB9923.jpeg
AB494180-9D14-4735-9C90-750E8BC4AEBC.jpeg

20201113_181038.jpg

Got 9 in with my buddy before and during his lesson, and it was pretty cool again to see him instructed on course. I played my new TSi3 3W off the tee except for the first, and played back to approach distances on the par 5's too, to use my new Apex MB's and it went mostly well. Came out on fire with the irons, dropped a nice putt, then hung in with the longer route mostly. Got my 7i up in the wind on 9 and it plugged in the bunker. That wasn't awesome, but it was a fun little outing.

46 (+10) on the back nine, thanks to 2 disastrous holes and some wretched putting.

Started off right out of the truck with a laser 3W, a GIR, and a 25 ft birdie putt without even really reading it. I may have to try that more often, because what followed on the greens was a joke.

I missed putts of 4, 3, 4, and 3 feet the rest of the way. I tried one of the 4 footers three more times and never hit it. It was a sad effort on short putts.

Wedges didn't help much, either. Contact too high on the face too often; came up woefully short from 85 yds. I dropped another for fun and shanked it 70 degrees sideways into a backyard. Awful.

Bright spots were two good sand shots, one of which preceded the 4 footer I missed 4 times.

I also hit a nice low hook 3/4 7-iron to get under and around a tree. I thought I took enough off of it, but still airmailed the green (on to the next tee box) and took extra shots (plural) to get back on the green. No touch whatsoever on those wedges.

We'll not discuss the first 3W tee shot on 14.

42-51/93. Should have gotten a couple hot dogs at the turn :facepalm:

A smooth 102

Played Lakewood National, Piper course, today. 39 (with a triple!) / 44 (another triple!). Driver and putter were solid today. Played 7 or 8 rounds this week and my back needs a rest day! On Monday?? Hmmm.

41/37 for a 78. But it was in my garage so it doesn't count as my first time breaking 80 :cool:

Quite a bit of wind out here in Augusta today.

Played Forest Hills Golf Club which is a solid track here. It usually hosts the City Amateur.

Shot an 81 with 4 doubles on the card. Need to work on my decision making and I need to clean up this right miss off the tee. Had 2 birdies on the card to make things feel good. I just hate scrambling when my tee game gets squirrelly.

Shot of the round was on 17 par 5 560 yards uphill. Pushed the ball right into the trees. Tried to advance it and hit a tree. Shot of the round was a 260 yard slice around the tree a tree to a raised green. Landed and stuck within 5 ft of the pitch mark.

I hit my usual + for 18 in the first 6 holes lol wind was brutal, just couldn't chip to save my life.. went +12/+8, a bird on the front

46/51-97. Played decent before the green. Putting was another story. 41 putts. Ugh.

Par 71 went 41/40. Had a triple bogey on the front. Short game and putter kept me in it.

48/40 on 37/35 home course. Played yesterday same course shot 93 on a sloppy wet course....after the 6th hole today put the driver away, lost it the last 2 weeks worked on a few things thought I fixed. Boy was I wrong. So went with the Srixon U85 3hybrid. I lose about 25yards but on my home course doesn’t make much of a difference. Still takes 3 to get to most Par 5’s anyway.

20201115_201438.jpg

I don't post scores from here, so they end up getting lost in the mix. I want this here to remember a few of the things.

First day with both TSi3's (9/10 295 avg w/driver), 3 for 3 on sandies (2 of which were crazy tough spots), first time 3 eagles in a round (I think), and holed out on a beauty SW from 106 across the wind. Wife had 6 drives over 225 and moved back to the blues on one to show off. Our 8" 🐕 attacked 30" 🐕 on 14 and I almost hit a passing cart with a wedge approach, the wind blew in Arkansas. That is all.

82 with 8 three-putts. My putter and I are no longer on speaking terms.

91 with a 4 putt, a couple more of 3 putts and 2 instances of failing to execute punch out shots.

Career high 75 on a par 72. 40/35. Lit up the back nine coming in birdie , eagle. Driver was a machine. Long and straight. what a way to go out for the year.

Career high 75 on a par 72. 40/35. Lit up the back nine coming in birdie , eagle. Driver was a machine. Long and straight. what a way to go out for the year.
I think you mean career best/low, so congratulations!!

Front Nine 38 - 4/7 FIR and 6/9 GIR
Back Nine 43 - 6/7 FIR and 1/9 GIR

So clearly a tale of two Nines, most notably the missing of greens from the fairway. Finished my closing 4 holes at +5 so just a sputtering finish.

With that said, a 93 the week before, an 81 this past weekend, a big step in the right direction. I hit the range during the week to work on a different setup and it worked out well. Obviously I want to stick with this plan and continue to work at it but to roll it out after one day at the range is pretty cool.

Back