What did you shoot today?

I think you mean career best/low, so congratulations!!
he he yes career low is better terminology. Would be something if 75 was a career high!

Played with my neighbor at Venetian Bay today. 40/43 for 83 today. Overall I played well. Greens seem slower than normal. Was a little Wet this am but still 33 putts. Neighbor is a scratch player shot 73 today. Used my CF19 irons on the back 9 and loved them. He’s playing 15 year old ping blades and couldn’t believe the difference. A462A9B2-F53A-4B41-AC88-B8C68F17338A.jpeg

49/50-99

I need alcohol

37 - 37 - 74. Used my winter back up set for the first time since February. Only two clubs carried over from my normal set were 4h and 50 degree wedge since I don't have other options for those. 3 birdies, 10 pars and 5 bogeys.

37 - 36 - 73. My uphill birdie putt on 18 to get it back to even par looked like it was getting ready to fall before settling back on the lip with about 1/3 of the ball over the cup... 2 birdies, 13 pars and 3 bogeys.

20201117_192710.jpg

Played good off the tee, alright on approach to some really tough pins, and pretty good on and around the greens. Couple good birdie putts (one from 32 that was pretty lucky) and one brutal miss from 5' on the last hole. Over 2' of break from a fast spot. Didn't know it well enough to try to bang it through when a miss would stop rolling 20-25' down the hill.

TSi3 driver was really good. Fairway misses on 1 and 16 were with the 3W, was about 2" on the fringe and only 12' away from a 208 pin into the wind on 12 with a 5-iron, but did hit a double cross into a tough spot on 13 with the only real driver miss. 2nd time I've done it on that hole recently. Might be time to change strategy. Birdied 15 for the second straight time there after maybe never having done it prior. Ran into a couple people I knew during some slow groups madness, and a rep I like after, so that was nice. 64 and sunny. Can't really complain.

One over 37

38 - 38 - 76. Coldest weather I have played in since February and the wind was also pretty healthy. My game typically goes south when the temps do so was pleased with the round. 2 birdies, 10 pars and 6 bogeys.

44/40 for an 84 that felt like a 94. I was actually surprised when I added the card up. Couldn't get comfortable over the ball all day, and the only thing that rescued me from some craptacular shots were some decent recovery shots and up & downs.

Our front 9 just recently reopened after overseeding, so the greens on the front are still slow and bumpy, while the back 9 has been open for over a month and the greens are a lot faster back there. So after getting calibrated to the greens on the front, you go to the back and all of a sudden you're hitting everything way past the hole (hence two 3-putts on the back 9 today). 6/12 FW, 6/18 GIR, 35 putts. 9 pars, 6 bogeys, 3 doubles.

All in all, it's hard to complain - I'm playing golf in late November in shorts, even if I do have to wear a light jacket for the first few holes. :cool:

Last edited:
Took some time off due to my hip and played 9 to see if it still hurt. Good news is the hip is better. And the better news is I shot a 36 with 2 bogies and 2 birdies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41-40 and a new PB. After a brutally tough few weeks I struck the ball well off the tee.

47-46 for a 93. Considering that I shot 105 yesterday on an easier and shorter course, I just chuckled. I am finally getting comfortable with my setup when using my irons and it showed today. Much more consistent.

Amazing what happens when you stop sliding.

38/37 - 75 (y)

Played 36.

78/79

38 - 38 - 76. Medoicre ball striking and putting but great chipping and pitching. 1 birdie, 12 pars and 5 bogeys.

43/39=82. Chilly morning and a tweaked back didn't help but had a good back 9. 29 putts today with the Chicago. Try again tomorrow on a different course.

Stopped counting after the 7th hole, but I'm playing in Cabo so life could be worse.
8b693245ecb6a054aa09a195d0f50f2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

36 - 36 - 72. Started poorly with bogeys on 2 of the first 3 holes then flipped it after hitting a really good shot over some trees on 4 after getting in trouble off the tee. Parred every hole on the back which I believe is the first time I have ever gone bogey-free on that side. 3 birdies, 12 pars and 3 bogeys.

2 man scramble and shot a 75. 3 over par doesn't sound that great for two single figure handicaps right?

Well it was the tough turkey. Imagine a greens keepers revenge. Pins were on slopes, tucked one pace onto the green behind bunkers, oh and my favorite on several tees they took us off the tee box and forced us to hit hooks and slices. We had putts where if you didn't hole the putt it would rollout 10+ ft or past where you were putting from

Honestly was a really fun but silly difficult round. Oh and we got a free turkey afterwards as well.

Lights out today.
34/35 69
9 Fairways, 14 GIR, 30 Putts

Missed a 3 footer on 18 for 68...doh!

Damn, nice job! Had a 38-41 today.

Started off misfiring for the first 5 holes. Was 5 over after 5 but then got it together. Finished shooting 1 under the rest of the way. Shot a 41-35-76. Happy I didn’t let it totally slip away and was able to salvage the round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 man scramble and shot a 75. 3 over par doesn't sound that great for two single figure handicaps right?

Well it was the tough turkey. Imagine a greens keepers revenge. Pins were on slopes, tucked one pace onto the green behind bunkers, oh and my favorite on several tees they took us off the tee box and forced us to hit hooks and slices. We had putts where if you didn't hole the putt it would rollout 10+ ft or past where you were putting from

Honestly was a really fun but silly difficult round. Oh and we got a free turkey afterwards as well.
Ended up getting first place in our flight. That's a pleasant surprise.

38/38 for 76 in our THP leauge championship! Been trying to break 80 here for a long time! Pretty stoked to have won our inaugural championship!
0719A481-082D-4B92-8BFF-BE47E3D30670.jpeg

Back