What did you shoot today?

39 - 38 - 77. Seems like I have been alternating ok rounds with really good rounds. Maybe I should just play every other day instead of almost every day. Haha. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 7 bogeys.

45/39 = 84. I got hot on the back 9 and par'ed the last six holes in a row, that helped. 4/12 FW (but most of my misses were close and good lies), 6/18 GIR, 31 putts. 10 pars, 4 bogeys, 4 doubles.

Shot a 40/46 for an 86. The course was certainly damp and slow, but a great late November day to play for the mid Atlantic area.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Screenshot_20201125-171143.png

45/51 -96. Played pretty well except for two holes. Had a snowman on the front and then a complete blowup 9 on a par 4. Course was tough. Monarch Bay in San Leandro. It was really windy today. Probably always a windy course given where it located but felt especially windy today. Awesome course to play though.

20201125_172705.jpg

Rained buckets last night so we went the only place that wasn't CPO, because we're lazy, and because this place doesn't have cart paths, so no CPO. :LOL:

Played well to start, but some approach shots were tough. Don't have distances and flights dialed in 2nd time out with the ZX7 for the kind of wind there was today. Survived the near misses and took advantage of opportunities. Switched to irons off the tee on the back mostly, so that played more like 3800, and I lost a couple. Water ball off the tee on 18 too. Good day though. I brought the dog, buddy bright his kid, and it was wet, cool, and windy, but a great way to spend a day.

36 - 37 - 73. Was playing with a guy I just met on the 1st tee. After we finished 1, I told him he just saw my game. Good drive, poor iron shot, really good chip and made 4 footer for par. True to my word, there were numerous other holes identical to that. 1 birdie, 15 pars and 2 bogeys.

Played 9 holes and shot 45... decent day for me!

Shot a 41-37-78. Driver was horrendous but my scrambling made up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was brutal today. My ball striking wasn’t too bad but my short game was awful. I shot 87 with no lost balls or penalty strokes. On the front 9 I think I had 21 or 22 putts. Several 3 putts and a bunch of cup and two putts. The back 9 was a bit better but not much. My speed control wasn’t great and I missed a bunch of putts inside of 5 feet today.

Friday is a new day though.

I didn't play today since I almost broke my hand.

I cashed my kid to a -1 front nine. He had 3 birdies and 2 bogies. Was almost more fun than shooting it myself.

I didn't play today since I almost broke my hand.

I cashed my kid to a -1 front nine. He had 3 birdies and 2 bogies. Was almost more fun than shooting it myself.
How's the hand?

How's the hand?

Better than I thought it would be this soon, but I'd guess, conservatively, I've got at least a week off from playing.

Better than I thought it would be this soon, but I'd guess, conservatively, I've got at least a week off from playing.
Well that sounds good and bad, but I'm glad it wasn't worse.

41/40 for an 81 on Torrey Pines North. The rough is so thick they have a local rule that if you lose your ball in the rough you just drop another one in the general vicinity with no penalty. First time playing Torrey, definitely won’t be the last time. Love this place. Now that I’ve played it, I’ll definitely be tuning into the Farmers and the US Open next year.

...you just drop another one in the general vicinity with no penalty.

Sounds like a rule that's ripe for abusing. PReed would LOVE it there! I wonder if they'll let him play that local rule next year in the US Open.

Sounds like a rule that's ripe for abusing. PReed would LOVE it there! I wonder if they'll let him play that local rule next year in the US Open.
I was quite shocked myself until I got out on the course. The rough is so thick that you could drop a ball, walk two steps ahead to get a yardage, go back to where you think the ball was and not be able to find it. It's mostly for pace of place issues and there's no way that local rule is in play during tournament rounds.

I was quite shocked myself until I got out on the course. The rough is so thick that you could drop a ball, walk two steps ahead to get a yardage, go back to where you think the ball was and not be able to find it. It's mostly for pace of place issues and there's no way that local rule is in play during tournament rounds.
Oh, I'm sure. The thing is, if they have spectators, they don't need the rule. They'll likely never lose a ball.

Very common rule same as leaf rule in the northern us. Look for it. But definitely not taking a penalty for a few yards off line. Golf isn’t a game of perfect snd it’s not supposed to be a game of miss the fair way lose a ball.

45 for nine holes this morning with 2 triples and a birdie. 16 putts with a 3 putt and I hit the driver great again. Irons were iffy, but I did nearly hole out from 100, which was awesome! This will be my last round with my Dad until he’s done rehabbing the second shoulder replacement.
1606441059198.png

20201127_143216.jpg

Don't mind the dots on mine. It's automatic, and wrong on that course until GHIN sorts them out at night. Wife's I get to enter manually. And she played great to finish!! Shank City to start today but turned it around and was showing us up off the tee by the end. Steady for me with a couple good approaches and putts (the dog helped line me up again today, lol). Good to get out and away from some of the indoor socializing. Buddy played like he was hungover, but wasn't, and there were some good laughs in that. Good pace, good weather, good fun, pretty good play. Grateful for it.

Last edited:
Even par over 13 holes. Play was very slow due to people out that only play a few times a year so I pretty much played where there were openings, including playing four holes twice. 3 birdies, 7 pars and 3 bogeys.

Man my ball striking was pretty bad today. But my short game bailed me out yet again. Shot a 36-38-74. I can’t believe I was able to shoot what I did considering how bad I was playing.

I was a little better today. I was on the road which means an easier course. I shot 76 with 1 birdie and 7 bogeys (par 70). My putting was still poor. I missed at least 4 or 5 putts inside of 5 feet including 2 3 putts and not getting up and down several times on fairly easy opportunities.

Back