What did you shoot today?

48/48-96.

Oof. It’s early. I’ve got a nine of 46 this season. Hit 6/7 FW’s. Chunked everything else, but the tee game was strong.

Draw on the positives.

49/54, just no consistency today at all. Parred the first hole because I missed an easy 8' birdie putt. My driver and 3W were the only clubs I hit consistently well. The back nine started off terribly with 3 putts on the first 3 holes for a triple-bogey, quad-bogey and double-bogey. I was terrible around the green as well. But I played golf today so I really have nothing to complain about.

50/52 102
This was the day I thought I would break through. Maybe next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You got this!

First round since the end of December due to lockdown

Rusty wasn't the word I would use, but it was sure good to be back out on the course

Played 9 and shot 36 (+1)
3 Bogies and 2 birdies

46/43-89 today. Broke 90, but it was a GRIND, haha. Had 3 or 4 hosel rockets but got lucky and kept them in play.

No lost balls, only one penalty when I took a drop from a potential wrist breaker caught between two roots.

32 total putts... I’ll take it. No 3 putts today.

37/37=74. 3 bogeys and 1 birdie, the rest pars.

Went 36/38 early this morning.

Didn’t play was well today as yesterday but managed a 38-40-78. Had a couple of doubles due to errant tee shots but overall it was a decent day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st round of the year tomorrow at Kings North! Will see how it goes....

The front nine felt like I could do nothing wrong - everything was down the middle, GIR and steady pars. Two minor blemishes for a 38.

Made the turn, and the par 5 eleventh green is where it started to unravel. On in regulation, putted OFF the green with my first:mad:. Three holes later, no penalties of any kind but three straight doubles:confused:. Righted the ship and got around the remaining holes in par for a six-over par 43.

35/41 - 76 +4. That's with a four putt and two three putts. I was so careless today on a few putts and it cost me a really good score. Though I'm still happy with the first round of #postingseason

Score card today says I played better than yesterday but didn't fell like it, although I did have a huge blow up hole yesterday. Still felt that I did not play well especially on the front 9. 49/44=93. Driver game was decent but the irons were hit and miss and too many 3 putts. 4 strokes better than yesterday so I will take it.

Score card today says I played better than yesterday but didn't fell like it, although I did have a huge blow up hole yesterday. Still felt that I did not play well especially on the front 9. 49/44=93. Driver game was decent but the irons were hit and miss and too many 3 putts. 4 strokes better than yesterday so I will take it.
Sometimes the scorecard doesn't reflect how we really played. I've had some rounds where I felt really good about the way I played and my score wasn't great and other days where I was getting lucky with everything I did and put up a score I know I didn't deserve. Like you said, four better than yesterday!

46/45 for 91. I actually didn’t play all that bad. A few bounces and Roll outs that go OB hurt. I had another day putting missed 3 easy birds made 1. Got quick in transition off the tee and pushed a few drives right. I did finish with 3 pars and crushed those drives when I figured out what I was doing. Lots of good wedge and iron shots also. Made a beautiful 190 yard slight up hill 5 iron shot on a par 3 that was 10 feet right behind the pin!

88 and 91 this weekend on a guys weekend in Jersey. I drove the ball like a madman (in a good way). Did take 2 OB penalties off the tee in the 88, but had 4 up and downs from greenside bunkers in that round. Struggled on the greens big time in the 91. Really need to rein in my approaches as that part of my game has definitely been hurting me.

Today was the worst score in ~2 years. Started Par, birdie, bogey, bogey, and then it got ugly. Gap wedge from the 5th fairway turned into a double. Hooked a tee shot on 6 that turned into a triple. Par on 7. Another triple after blading a gap wedge over the green on 8, par on 9. Back 9 was worse.

Finally figured it out on 18. I was swinging too hard. Slowed down and relaxed....the game is much easier when you do this. D'oh!

This will be my first time trying the 7 wood! 227 to the pin bit up the hill...

image.jpg

A frustrating 78. Couldnt hit a single shot pure.

The tee shot at the 3rd hole....gotta go for it. Hit it sooo pure...see where it ended.....

image.jpg968369C0-D2B5-4D99-A5C1-9FABE462F9DA.jpegC557BAE3-74DD-41F0-88FA-0D696FFAA5F4.jpegFF3C619C-CD9A-4A84-AF8C-19A1F1478A1B.jpeg98409266-CBB4-45A0-82EB-56CF15BEAF95.jpeg

42/43 today. Actually hit 7 GIR today which may be a record for me! Need to clean up the chipping but driver was better today. Still getting used to the 5 and 6 Ironwoods but happy so far with them.

76 today at the King’s course in Myrtle beach. Very happy with it (first round of the season). Made some ugly swing and some total beauties. Putting was not terrible. Gorgeous day... Playing again tomorrow!!

37/42 for a 79. Our course is 37/35, so I was even on the front nine, +7 on the back. 4/12 FIR (but the misses weren't bad), 7/18 GIR, 31 putts. It was a scramble-y round, with 7 one-putts (2 for birdie and 5 to save par).

I like this trend - before this year, I had broken 80 once in my life (a 79 in July of 2016). I've done it 4 times in the last 5 weeks, with a 75, 78, 77 and 79. I'll just pretend to ignore the fact that I usually turn around and shoot somewhere around 90 the next round every time! :LOL:

Lucky bounce of the round - I hit a 5W for my second shot on a par 5, pushed it right and it was headed towards the bushes. It hit the greenskeeper's cart right between the headlights (fortunately he wasn't in it), and because he was parked at an angle it kicked my ball left almost clear back to the fairway. I made sure to tell him thanks for the assist!

Net 69 (-3) on a 7051/74.8/137/72, which considering the current cap, is bananas. P7MC, Epic Speed, MG2's, M Craft IV all working.

16 greens, drove the ball great, one iron mistake and failed sandy for the only bogey. Playing about the best I ever have.

Fun course with lots of elevation changes and turns off the tee, and interesting greens that play real tough out of position. Beautiful spring day and golf is a lot of fun right now.

Last edited:
Back