What did you shoot today?

Screenshot_20210408-131753_TheGrint.jpg

Still playing very well. Lost one drive right, and pulled one approach a bit, but other than that misses were pretty much due to conditions and unfamiliarity. Pretty breezy turned to seriously windy in a hurry and the back 9 is VERY exposed. Brought me back to Nebraska days. But prettier, and with hills, and water. :p

Course was soggy after big rains last night, but the greens dried out pretty fast in the wind. Fluffy zoysia fairways wouldn't roll much regardless of moisture I don't think, but it played really long. The kind of wind that's hard to ride. Knocked everythingthing down. First approach I lost in the wind plugged in a bunker and I had a sweet sandy I don't know if I could do again if I tried, and first approach that hilariously got thrown back at me I holed the pitch from about 27 yards for birdie. So things were going my way.

Fun layout with lots of water carries, risk/reward, beautiful views. It's one we might join there year. Need to get the wife up there to see what it's like from more forward tees.

Fun day, won some money, got windburned. Haha

It felt like I left too many strokes out there with the wedges but not bad for starting to dust off the rust. Scrambled for what felt like more than my share of pars.

Attachments

• 45AE3239-D1F7-4CF1-A017-A0E78DAF37BB.jpeg
    45AE3239-D1F7-4CF1-A017-A0E78DAF37BB.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 4
88. Putting was good, driver was a little leaky right. Mid irons so so. PlayEd San Vicente golf course in Ramona,Ca for the first time. Nice course, fairways coming out of dormancy. Unbeknownst to me when I got the tee time they aerated Monday and Tuesday. The greens putted very well, best aeration I’ve seen, the crew did a great job getting the sand drug in. the Place is full of wild turkeys.

Attachments

• 24CBD13C-047A-4A21-8270-EE39BD6E64AC.jpeg
    24CBD13C-047A-4A21-8270-EE39BD6E64AC.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 5
  • D7144CB5-9D6D-45FC-BB07-9D423C0F59DC.jpeg
    D7144CB5-9D6D-45FC-BB07-9D423C0F59DC.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 4
Played probably my last sim round for the season and scored a 47/43 on the Doral course. I was aided by a few hideous shots that weren’t picked up, but they offset a few shots deemed unplayable that should not have been. Got some but not all of my distance back. More work to do. Found that slowing my backswing helps to reduce mishits and improve accuracy. Kind of like when I was playing better last summer.

Last edited:
We get to drop our two worst holes, right? I played 9 holes yesterday, and was 6 over on 7 of them which is pretty good for me, especially this early in the season. The other two holes were not so good, to put it nicely.

On one of them a really poor drive ended up against the trunk of a tree. I tried to make the smart play and chip out to open space, but actually made better than expected contact and ended up against the trunk of another tree. The result was no possible way to strike the ball so I took a drop. Eventually an 8 on a par 4.

On the other hole I dunked my tee shot into a pond then put the third into a green side bunker. My sand shot cleared the lip and landed between the bunker and the green, then rolled back down the hill into the sand, directly into the divot I had just created. So I tried again, and the exact same thing happened again. Third time was the charm, and I then 3 putted for an 9 on a par 3. Not my finest moment.

Overall 52 for 9 holes with two dumpster fires and 7 pretty solid holes.

Played 9 holes from the gold tees this afternoon and shot a 41. 17 putts with 0 three putts which I was happy about. Chunked a pitch shot on both the first and eighth holes or I could have went under 40. Overall, it was nice to get out on a Friday afternoon and be pleased with the round.
Screenshot_20210409-153845.png

43/44 for an 87 in 20 mph winds. Playing in the wind does bad things to my mind.

21430D5A-BA6D-46DE-B6D6-24212FDA3B6D.png42 w/17 putts. Despite the bogies and double it was just a few missed shots today that cost me a few strokes. Driver in the beginning was a little wonky but I just need to hit some balls before I play and I’ll fine. I made a tweak to my setup and I’m getting a had club extra now on my irons. Distances are on par with my standard apex 19s. Game is going in the right direction.

Well... Nothing to celebrate but I hit a 101 today after four bunker shots on one hole and two on another. My putting was poor, approach shots were hit and miss.

On the up side, i had a personal best for FIR% (71%) which was mostly built on having a decent driving day. I'm still hitting short (typically 215-220) range, but keeping it on the fairway more often than not. I'll be pretty happy if I can get this to 240 with a 66% FIR%

IMG_4124.jpg

42/43 today. Holes 14 & 15 killed me. Pushed the tee shot into the creek on 14 and pushed my drive on 15 so far right and tried to hit a hero shot to get me back into the fairway instead of taking my medicine and punching out. Oh what could've been......

Net par and bogey free. That tells most of the story. Flirted with the cup from 82, 126, 188, and 205 though. All within inches of holing out, and really thought it was going to be my day for a good one. Slooow groups and I mostly worked on driver stuff. The good score was just along for the ride.

39 in the first week of league tonight and picked up the W! Looking forward to a great year and happy I got off to a good start.

9237ED51-50B3-4903-B037-7F65F0AFCFD1.png

38/36 - 74

rating/slope = 71.8/130
10/14 FW
11/18 GIR
36 putts with legit 7 birdie putts and not 1 made, just awful.

Tomorrow play a beast, Montauk State Downs. Par 72 with rating/slope of 73.4/140

rating/slope = 71.8/130
10/14 FW
11/18 GIR
36 putts with legit 7 birdie putts and not 1 made, just awful.

Tomorrow play a beast, Montauk State Downs. Par 72 with rating/slope of 73.4/140
Played Montauk as stated above in yesterday’s post.

12/14 FW
16/18 GIR
36 putts with two 3 putts.

Robert Trent Jones design and not one level putt on the entire course. So frustrating after a good day of ball striking.

45/40 for an 85. 8/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 28 putts. If I hadn't had a decent short game working today, it could have gotten ugly.

A really ugly 43/43=86 9/14 FIR 1GIR :banghead::banghead: and 32 putts. The wind ate me up today, miss judging the winds and blowing over greens which is a death sentence on the course we played and all the elevated greens.
Oh well thats golf.

52 on the front and less on the back. Not sure how many less, because we forgot to keep score on a few holes.

41/40. I hit a lot of shots that I was happy with, I can't remember the last time I've played where nothing hurt in the body. I couldn't get a drive into the fairway though, everything was tugged to the right which is very rare for a lefty.

First round with Arccos, I was hitting the driver better than I usually do but still only in the 230-240 range. I'm happy to have data that proves I'm not a long hitter. As long as I'm the longest in my group I'm happy :cool:

38/38 = 76 no birdies. Windy day.

First couple rounds in over a year last week. First round was a 92 where I drove the ball poorly but putted really well. I had 29 putts with 8 one putts.
My second round was a lot better. Shot an 82 while driving the ball much better and only 28 putts with 9 one putts. The second round was also my first with a new driver and it definitely helped.
Now if I can just get my approach shot dialed in.

Played 17 pretty decent holes. Shot 80 today with a triple bogey on par 5 18th. o_Oo_O

Greens were wet and shaggy so putting was a challenge. Was striking the ball really well though so for my 4th round of the year, I'll take it.

Back