What did you shoot today?

Last round was on Sunday, started out real nice, had a bird on the 5th hole and was +2 through 8, then had a couple of bad breaks and ballsy (read: stupid) decisions that resulted in 2 triples and a double and a 41/46 = 87. Only had 30 putts though, so it could have been much worse. Only the second round of the year and I'm hitting the ball fairly well, so it should come.

Frustratingly shooting between 79-84 consistently right now. Just a handful of mental mistakes throughout the round that are keeping me from getting back to 74-78. I have to keep knowing that it's early, things will come around but just can't quite put it together at the moment. I'll make 6 pars, a birdie, a bogey and a double on the front to finish +2. Then somehow have 3 doubles, a birdie, 2 bogeys, and 3 pars on the back. Just inconsistent. Gotta get rid of the doubles

Shot 76 off of a par 71. Frustrating round. 14 GIR. 12/14 fairways. However, I had 37 putts and two double bogies. One of the double bogies was a hole where I was just into the fringe on a par 4 and stubbed my chip, leaving me above the hole sitting three. I then three putted. The round could have been so much better, but it was a gorgeous day and I was the first one out when the frost allowed play to begin, so I played the 18 holes in less than 2.5 hours.

Was able to play Baylands in Palo Alto CA today with a coworker. Some good wind in the back 9. Fortunately it wasn’t the afternoon wind (for those who know that area..)

40-33 for a 73. My best score in a very very long time. 4 birdies on the back. Double on 9 because……..I had to take a piss…………😂😂😂

Played the Rancho Bernardo Inn today. Shot 85. I wasn’t to impressed with the quality of some shots but managed to squeak out a better score than I thought I deserved. 85

Attachments

• F4A6D422-190F-4B13-8793-BC3B8271C0E7.jpeg
    F4A6D422-190F-4B13-8793-BC3B8271C0E7.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 5
Screenshot_20210422-175152_TheGrint.jpg

Was going pretty good for a bit. Played through a couple groups at the start, and then we were moving really well. Bogged down around 14 when I quit doing Live Round. Would have had to anyway. Multiple groups at every tee. Got to play through a couple, but it was slow and I was kind of over it. So we hung out and I tried a couple weird shots. Lol

Was good though. Apex TCB are really something. Feel so soft and satisfying. Still dialing in distances and the breeze changed direction every other minute, so I had a lot of near misses, but putted mostly really well from close range. Couple big mistakes I mostly survived. Pro Am there tomorrow so good to get a look at it. Couple very unfriendly pins. Forecasted rain might help.

Low 60's and sunny with fresh clubs and a friend. Couldn't ask for more really.

-2 for a 70
10/14 FW
14/18 GIR
31 putts

Drove it really well today, not sure why still messing around thinking about swapping driver shafts. Some season bests for the day today.
- 4 birdies in a row and then missed a 8 footer for 5 in a row
- longest drive of the season, 332 downwind (15 mph) with a nice high draw
- goal was 5 rounds under par for the season, today was #4, going to go for 10

Fitter did an awesome job with new irons and woods, but have to keep away from the rabbit hole and stop looking at new driver shafts. New gear is just addicting I suppose 😁 Will get a good dose of reality next week when tackle Bethpage Black and lucky if break 82

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210423-155054_TheGrint.jpg

That was a real hum dinger for having a pretty slow start. Eagle finish to cap off a round that really built into something was awesome.

Delayed start due to asshattery and rain, and I don't understand why so many holes there are dedicated CPO. Fairways are pretty wide. Makes it so much slower. Only got sprinkled on once when got going though.

Lots of opportunities right from the start, just wasn't making anything. B2B on 8 and 9 kind of pumped me up though and I picked it up off the tee. Irons were mostly really good all day. Couple pulls, but the ball was constantly above my feet, and in the wet and breezy conditions really good overall. Absolutely in love with the Apex TCB's.

Drove the ball well and despite missing 2 in the 6-7' range late, started dropping some good putts including a 60' eagle after I bombed a 3H 281y to the back of the green.

So much fun and more than I expected for today. Rain all weekend, so that's it for a couple.

Last edited:
Played the Rancho Bernardo Inn today. Shot 85. I wasn’t to impressed with the quality of some shots but managed to squeak out a better score than I thought I deserved. 85
Have you played San Vicente out in Ramona since the overhaul?

Yes, last week. Nice, greens were good even just being recently aerified. ill Definitely play it again
My Parents home was right across from the 1st green, on the corner. Dad passed last year, a year after my mom (cancer)
I was just telling my younger brother I need to get out and play the redone course. It's a good layout that need a makeover, but the bones are great.
Hope to go next month.

45 tonight in league. 4 balls OB, not good. Chipped and putted well, but I have plenty of things to work on!

76CA3F40-23E0-4A4E-9CBE-10598337CFE3.jpeg

48-44-92. Could have been a lot better. I was messing around on the front and had 3 doubles in a row. Finished with 4 pars, bogey and a double. Could have easily been 4 pars a bogey and a birdie with some decent putts. Missed a dead straight 4 footer for birdie. Proceeded to hit it 5 times to confirm how easy it was and sank all of them. My double was a 3 putt from 12 feet.

40/43 for an 83. It was so torturously slow that it was hard to keep any rhythm going. We were a fivesome riding up the tail end of a threesome that couldn't even keep up with the foursome ahead of them. Two young bruhs and an older guy who thought he was a PGA pro, all playing at least one tee too far back. We were sitting behind them waiting on the eighth tee and one of the guys said "We're actually not slow players, I swear", and I bit my tongue to keep from saying "Actually, you really are". :LOL:

40/43 for an 83. It was so torturously slow that it was hard to keep any rhythm going. We were a fivesome riding up the tail end of a threesome that couldn't even keep up with the foursome ahead of them. Two young bruhs and an older guy who thought he was a PGA pro, all playing at least one tee too far back. We were sitting behind them waiting on the eighth tee and one of the guys said "We're actually not slow players, I swear", and I bit my tongue to keep from saying "Actually, you really are". :LOL:

Nothing worse than someone who thinks they are playing for the claret jug on a Sunday. Sooo painful.

Shot a pretty lousy 85 yesterday, 45/40. It was a comedy of errors but hey driver was working great! 🤣

Nothing worse than someone who thinks they are playing for the claret jug on a Sunday. Sooo painful.
He was one of those guys who's 270 out on a par 5 and waits for the green to clear - then takes 5 practice swings, goes through his 40 second pre-shot routine, and proceeds to hit it 140.

Not too bad yesterday. Didn't really get a chance to stretch before the round as it was a surprise invite and got a rough start but finished 39-37

He was one of those guys who's 270 out on a par 5 and waits for the green to clear - then takes 5 practice swings, goes through his 40 second pre-shot routine, and proceeds to hit it 140.

My result is very similar to that, but it is one practice swing and I am ready to apologize if I hit the shot of a lifetime. Slow play absolutely ruins the game..

My result is very similar to that, but it is one practice swing and I am ready to apologize if I hit the shot of a lifetime. Slow play absolutely ruins the game..
And that's why people shouldn't freak out if they get hit into. Can't have it both ways. I'd rather everyone keeps it moving. You hit a miracle and say you're sorry, I'll congratulate you on absolutely smoking one.

And that's why people shouldn't freak out if they get hit into. Can't have it both ways. I'd rather everyone keeps it moving. You hit a miracle and say you're sorry, I'll congratulate you on absolutely smoking one.

A miraculous 75 today....and I absolutely didn’t deserve it. My home course bought a green roller at the end of last year and our greens are lightning fast now, which is a pretty big adjustment. It was also quite cold in the AM and windy all round.
Driver: TSi3. hit a few bombs, but mostly hit it inconsistently. Need to work that out.
TSi2 fw: Duffed a tee shot with it which was brutal, but saved a bogey as it was a 5. Second time hitting it, roasted one down the middle and hit a beauty into the green to setup a nice chip and bird.
Apex irons: hit them pretty well.
Jaws wedges: like them on full shots and around the greens. Just need to get used to them.
Arcoss: dont love the sensors on my clubs. Not sure I want to bother, but I totally see the value of the data.
TP5X ball is solid. Def not my best stuff today and it was pretty solid. Nothing bad to say.

Last edited:
It was a bit of an up and down day on the golf course for me today. I shot 79 which was solid. I continue to drive the ball great hitting 12/14 fairways. The two missed fairways were by less than 5 feet combined. I had some good up and downs then had a 3 putt and a 4 putt on a crazy pin placement.

I only hit 8 greens. It is much harder to hit greens at my course than many but I missed several that I should have hit. I had a bit of a hard time figuring out the wind on the back 9 which is unusual for me. I got on the bogey train on the back 9 on the holes I need to make pars on then parred the two hardest holes on the back.

79 today was the worst score I could have shot.

Overall my swing feels really good right now. I have been working with this online instruction TrueMotiongolf.com and the setup work and takeaway work really helped me out. I am not sure how much I am going to continue to push some things as I am in play season right now. I do need to flatten my swing which will improve my AoA with driver and pick up some distance but I have been really steady lately so I am not inclined to change during the season.

Gorgeous day out there today. Bright sunshine, fantastic course & turf conditions. I played Woodstock GC in VT. Opening day was yesterday, and I went off at 8:50 this morning. Played my usual brand of golf - a couple of dumb holes, a couple of smart holes, and steady in between. My tee game was not the best, irons were average but not great. Short game and putting saved the day.

1619292489629.png

Back