What did you shoot today?

Iron Valley, 82. Not sure if they have fairways. I never found one. I was a hot mess off the tee and with the putter - 36 putts. I need to work on my long putts.

1619447840300.png

Had a sim round for league at an unusually short course just over 5,000 yards. Shot a 4 under 68. Was 5 under going into 18 but my putting let me down. Lowest round on the sim by 8 shots.

43/45 for an 88 at Schaumburg Golf. Winds were about 30-35. Back nine I could not even sniff a par:(. On heating pad now feel better!

Shot a 43 on the front 9 at Double Oaks.
That is great for me.

42/38 = 80. I was +3 after 3 holes, but managed to pull it together and shoot a decent score. 6/12 FW, 7/18 GIR, 32 putts.

Screenshot_20210426-144420_TheGrint.jpg

It was a Honma day for us, and a personal best for the wife!! Finishing some stuff with her new Jeep put us near some friends we never see and an invite for a quick round. So I got to play with an old set of mine I adored, and she got to play with some TW-X and I had a hunch that was going to go well. Despite being pretty straight she was actually fighting driver a bit. Missed her custom I made for her. 'This one's whippy' lol And sweet JEEBUS if that woman could putt she could put some scores together. She's done worse than 39 of them, but not from consistently that close of range. :oops: I have no idea how she can smooth 200+ drives and lob wedges into par3's and then suddenly look like she's a crack head giving a handy with the putter. 😆

I don't know what the actual ratings are but that course is not hard. I'm guessing 70/120 from the blues. She moved back to the whites a bunch of times and I went to playing a 4i off the tee after #7. Some tight tee shots, but the greens are pretty cake for how small they are. Another reason her putting display was the joke of the round.

Fun though. We never get to golf on Mondays together, or with those friends. :)

View attachment 9005361

It was a Honma day for us, and a personal best for the wife!! Finishing some stuff with her new Jeep put us near some friends we never see and an invite for a quick round. So I got to play with an old set of mine I adored, and she got to play with some TW-X and I had a hunch that was going to go well. Despite being pretty straight she was actually fighting driver a bit. Missed her custom I made for her. 'This one's whippy' lol And sweet JEEBUS if that woman could putt she could put some scores together. She's done worse than 39 of them, but not from consistently that close of range. :oops: I have no idea how she can smooth 200+ drives and lob wedges into par3's and then suddenly look like she's a crack head giving a handy with the putter. 😆

I don't know what the actual ratings are but that course is not hard. I'm guessing 70/120 from the blues. She moved back to the whites a bunch of times and I went to playing a 4i off the tee after #7. Some tight tee shots, but the greens are pretty cake for how small they are. Another reason her putting display was the joke of the round.

I mean, if you like hitting 17 greens and 13 fairways, that's a pretty good round there.

View attachment 9005361

7th hole a 2 with 1 putt at 430 from Blues.......Wow

7th hole a 2 with 1 putt at 430 from Blues.......Wow
Yeah, we couldn't figure that out. The tees are supposed to be across the way, but they had them up with the whites.

Screenshot_20210426-153211_TheGrint.jpg

So I just went right after it like a drivable par 4. Like I said, not playing hard at all. That's why you don't hear me bragging up any of my shots. Lol. And that one was enough for me to call it quits on going after everything.

Last edited:
I mean, if you like hitting 17 greens and 13 fairways, that's a pretty good round there.
Reminded me of the old apartment course we lived on. As long as you can get through tight trees on some tees and control your distance with irons you can light it up. Really not tough. Proud of her for wanting to move back on some and challenge herself though.

Last edited:
First time playing my local par 3 18 hole course since I injured my ribs there 3 months ago. I shot a 74 which is 14 strokes less than 3 months ago. Putting and chipping practice were the difference. Scored two pars and the vast majority of the holes were bogies except for a couple 5's and a 6. Very happy with the results today and had a blast.

+5 for a 77
8/14 FW
13/18 GIR
36 putts

52 degrees with 25mph winds, awful day but beats sitting at home. Finally suppose to be in mid-60s rest of the week.

39/33=72, out of nowhere.

Had been laid up for 3 weeks, diverticulitis and an overdue back in desperate need of another epidural injection.

Meds cleared the infection last week, got the shots on Friday, played for the first time today. Prior, my game offered very little sign suggesting any turnaround.

Was +4 through 13 and very content with my play, all things considered. Was just psyched to be out there and pain-free at that. But I was longer than usual all day and not trusting it (modified move through the ball), the cause for my bogeys, I knew it could be better.

Intentionally pulled less club there on out and subsequently birdied holes 14, 15, 16, 17 in a row and then had to work a little too hard for par on 18.

Had birdied #10 too, those 5 total birds on the back is a PB for any 9. 4 in a row is a PB and -3 for 9 ties a PB accomplished a handful of times.

Was fun as heck. Sure wish I could bottle and cork today's swing.

+4 for a 76....40/36
11/14 FW
12/18 GIR
33 putts

3 birdies along with 2 balls OB

Screenshot_20210427-155322_TheGrint.jpg

Tough conditions. Par 3's and approach shots were kind of a nightmare in constantly changing winds. Felt like a guessing game. I got in a groove off the tee with driver after a bit, so that helped get holes started well at least. You can tell by the arrows though, most misses were short or long in the wind. Easier when it picks a direction.

Wife had a tough stretch but did really well I think for her first time on that kind of course. Got frustrated for a bit but finished pretty strong. Took her for a fitting after, and the putter I thought would fit turned out to be the best, and irons I hadn't really thought of and don't want to pay for turned out to be the best too. :LOL:. Fun day.

Last edited:
Shot 46 on front nine with no pars and three putted 3 holes and missed a couple easy <3 foot putts.We swung by my car on the way from hole 9-10,and switched my putter to my old white hot 2 ball, and shot 39 with no three putts and no easy ones missed for an 85 total.I guess the Cleveland gets benched for the 2 ball next week.

79. 39/40. Fairly mediocre day. Hit some good shots and some not so good ones. I birdied the first hole which is always the kiss of death.

Probably the worst 83 in the history of 83’s today. Had 3 birdies and still shot 42/41 for 83

Screenshot_20210428-151456_TheGrint.jpg

Considering the facts that I had a shank off the tee on #4, and quit hitting driver on the back door the most part, that was a pretty good round. Lol

Still swinging mostly well, but got a little greedy on the 4th and body sent a zinger reminder to chill out. Thankfully there was no one in the line of fire left because I came out and tried to throw my hands at it to recover and it all went wrong. Been a bit on one like that. Good for the soul! :LOL:. I also hit a couple less than great irons while I was trying to adjust to the hip pain after that, so it was a little interesting for a spell.

TCB's are really great though. Once I figured out the swing for the day again I hit some beauties with them. Couldn't make a putt most of the round but was out of position some and that doesn't work on this course.

Right at 3 hrs and didn't get rained on, so despite a hiccup, with probably no golf for a couple days I'll more than take it.

Edit: oh, and that's a clean round @Smiter . Wish granted. :p

39 (+2) on the front, then somebody turned on the fan. 25 mph winds on the back nine, which is the most exposed part of the course. 45 (+10) on the back for an 84. On the front I had 2 birdies, 5 pars and 2 doubles - on the back I had 2 pars, 4 bogeys and 3 doubles, ugh.

39 (+2) on the front, then somebody turned on the fan. 25 mph winds on the back nine, which is the most exposed part of the course. 45 (+10) on the back for an 84. On the front I had 2 birdies, 5 pars and 2 doubles - on the back I had 2 pars, 4 bogeys and 3 doubles, ugh.
Man, that tough. I'd almost rather it start windy than kick up on the back. It always seems extra trying to have to suddenly fight it when I've already found a different groove. I try too hard to play just as well instead of changing expectations.

Man, that tough. I'd almost rather it start windy than kick up on the back. It always seems extra trying to have to suddenly fight it when I've already found a different groove. I try too hard to play just as well instead of changing expectations.
I agree. Forecast for today was 20-30 mph winds with higher gusts, but it was dead calm when we teed off. I thought maybe we'd escape it or be done by the time it started. It kicked up a bit when we were on the 6th green and just steadily got stronger from there, by the back 9 it was howling.

42/42-84 on a sim round at Harbor Town. My goodness it was hard to stay out of trouble! 😬

Back