What did you shoot today?

I dipped out of work at 4:45pm and headed to the course. Tonight was the first time I was able to get thru 9 holes totally. I just had my right hip replaced in November and they ended up adding 1.25" to my leg. So even with a cart (cart path only), the walking has been difficult because of how much the muscles are still stretched with the new length of the leg. I'm slowly working my way up to 18 holes this Summer (hopefully).

So I shot a 41, which I'm pretty elated about. My ball striking has improved significantly this year with this new hip. I didn't realize how much the bone-on-bone arthritis was slowing my swing down but I can feel myself hitting through the ball so much better. I am LH so my right hip is my lead hip -- I can tell the new strength is allowing me to get down on the shots better.

I even hit the below shot into a par 5 for a tap in birdie (best part: there were witnesses). I've never been able to spin my wedges significantly so watching this ball stop on a dime was really fun. I had to keep my cool to try and make it seem like I wasn't completely surprised by the shot, for my witnesses.

Overall a really great, fun and encouraging night. I was really worried about how having my 2nd hip done would impact my swing.

Sorry for the novel, I'm super excited. Thanks for listening!

1620355821791.png

Last edited:
I dipped out of work at 4:45pm and headed to the course. Tonight was the first time I was able to get thru 9 holes totally. I just had my right hip replaced in November and they ended up adding 1.25" to my leg. So even with a cart (cart path only), the walking has been difficult because of how much the muscles are still stretched with the new length of the leg. I'm slowly working my way up to 18 holes this Summer (hopefully).

So I shot a 41, which I'm pretty elated about. My ball striking has improved significantly this year with this new hip. I didn't realize how much the bone-on-bone arthritis was slowing my swing down but I can feel myself hitting through the ball so much better. I am LH so my right hip is my lead hip -- I can tell the new strength is allowing me to get down on the shots better.

I even hit the below shot into a par 5 for a tap in birdie (best part: there were witnesses). I've never been able to spin my wedges significantly so watching this ball stop on a dime was really fun. I had to keep my cool to try and make it seem like I wasn't completely not surprised by the shot, for my witnesses.

Overall a really great, fun and encouraging night. I was really worried about how having my 2nd hip done would impact my swing.

Sorry for the novel, I'm super excited. Thanks for listening!

View attachment 9006637
So glad to hear your back on the course! That is awesome news! Keep up the good work

79. ugly putting. way too many 3 putts.

46-42 for a tough 88. I was off just a bit yesterday with everything. Distance was good but I was a tad left on approach all day. Round 2 this morning, really want to back up that PB from last week with a solid round.

I played 27 with two blowup holes for a 4 over round followed by a 1 over on my last 9 that included an OB tee shot on the 5th where I made par, lol. On the bright side I’ve had 3 eagles the last two days and the OB par could have been my 4th.

Last edited:
37 - 40 - 77. Started strong (-1 thru 7), made an inexplicable double on 8, got back on track with 4 straight pars then struggled the rest of the way. 1 birdie, 12 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

Screenshot_20210507-112206_TheGrint.jpg

I was thinking about @RayG 's 'would you rather' thread at the turn, but then realized I was scoring bad AND it felt even worse. :LOL:. So, nowhere to go but up I guess.

Nothing beats me up like shoveling/digging and I'm feeling it. Had me really out of whack today. Probably more of that to come over the next week unfortunately. Figured out some kind of swing I could repeat around hole 11 and things got a little better.

Some good shots mixed in, couple good putts, real good last hole to finish. Beautiful morning, and now back to work.

45/43 - left a lot of shots out there on approach and some puts, but drives were better and out of sand was best all year.

41/38 a double on each side and a bird on each. Played better than 79....But game is in good stead.

One over round today with a couple of 3 putts that were from over 50 feet after poor approach shots. The real story of the day was I made another eagle after two of them on Wednesday and one yesterday, lol. It would be fun to have this streak continue but I know it won't. :)

42/42 = 84. I was hitting driver OK, but my second shots were absolutely killing me - wasted so many good drives today with lousy second shots. 10/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 31 putts with no 3 putts. 9 pars, 7 bogeys, a double and a triple.

39/38=77 13/14FIR 8 GIR and 30 putts. Got up and down to save par quite a few times today. One nice chip in from 60 feet for birdie.

49-41 for a painful 90. The new gym sessions are taking a toll and will require a couple weeks to get used to it. Played better on the back 9 but not what I’m looking for. More practice in my future. Swing change is coming along, and when I swing properly I can really see the benefits.

Played the most miserable 9holes of golf I think I have ever endured last night. My league started and it was 45* and rain. They decided to go out anyway. I was so cold and wet I couldn’t get through a shot, hit everything to the right and shot 48 on a course I regularly shoot 36-39 lol oh well

I am struggling to to put together a complete round right now. I shot 37 on the front 9 today which is our tough 9. I then shot 43 on the back with a pair of doubles. I really only made 2 real bad swings and they cost me doubles both times.

On the positive side the long putter is working well right now. I am rolling the ball much better than I have in a long time.

80 (43/37) yesterday. 10 GIR. Slow start as I worked on swing changes from a lesson the previous day. My relaxed putter and putting approach is starting to pay off. I like blue, so the m-craft IV is in the bag. It's that simple. And rather than overthink it, I just make a quick read and roll. I still had a lot of putts yesterday given my ball striking didn't put me in good positions, but no 3-putts. That's very rare for me. Fun round.

40/43 with 2 birdies on the back. Finished with 2 triples and a double. Could have been a really, really good round. Oh well, I'll do better tomorrow.

Played the most miserable 9holes of golf I think I have ever endured last night. My league started and it was 45* and rain. They decided to go out anyway. I was so cold and wet I couldn’t get through a shot, hit everything to the right and shot 48 on a course I regularly shoot 36-39 lol oh well

Had 2 of those tough weather (cold, wind, rain) play into dark evening league rounds this year. They can be rough.

Had a much better round than lately. Still have some work to do but VB National was in descent condition for sure. Had a couple good drives which gave me hope my tee game is coming back. Irons were good. Struggled with distance with 30+ mph winds today but wedges and putter were great as well. First time playing the course too.
3E3401ED-FFF9-4B75-B334-9AFA7E7ED9D8.png711EE74B-8B02-486D-846E-7EFC54DD93CE.jpegECDDC320-C4F9-47F5-B35D-F9D4FAB1AE94.jpegFC867707-BD96-42F5-8088-94DD28EDC8FE.jpeg5227F111-D2D4-4A32-BA22-D220BFB09E9A.jpeg

An absolute existential crisis round.
93 with 6 OB.
There really isn't an appropriate reaction available for this.. 'cause that's rough.

... shake it off? Happens to everybody.

Back