What did you shoot today?

It's May and we teed off at 37° with the windchill.
41/42=83. 8/13 FIR I used driver on 1/1 FIR using fairway wood. 4 GIR :banghead: and 31 putts.
Just a weird round, thur 5 holes I was +1. Then played the next 13 holes +11 :eek:
I don't mind missing GIR when I was chipping like I was the first 5 holes, I had 4 one putts and a 2 putt. The 4 one putts where all less than 18 inches. Then the wheels fell off.
That's golf I guess.
No matter it was a good day with @shanewu and his dad playing golf.

Had a really good weekend with a 82/78. Wish I could have kept playing.

39 - 36 - 75 on a very windy day. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 5 bogeys.

42/47-89. Got off to a rocking start, even thru 4. The rest of the round was a combination of really poor ball striking and terrible short game. I would say I had to grind to break 90. Had a trio of lip outs and made three putts outside of 10 feet. Driver was a weapon, but I did lose two right when the swing fell apart.
C898BE0F-F8C0-4308-A83D-8BC80DA294E9.jpeg

Played a replica course on Saturday shot 42/45 for an 87. Today shot 44/45 for an 89 on a challenging course if I didn't have 3 penalties would have been a much better score. I am very pleased with both rounds as I have been struggling as of lately to get anything under 9. For playing both courses for the 1st time not bad for me. Swing is starting to feel better, but more work to be done for sure.

It's May and we teed off at 37° with the windchill.
41/42=83. 8/13 FIR I used driver on 1/1 FIR using fairway wood. 4 GIR :banghead: and 31 putts.
Just a weird round, thur 5 holes I was +1. Then played the next 13 holes +11 :eek:
I don't mind missing GIR when I was chipping like I was the first 5 holes, I had 4 one putts and a 2 putt. The 4 one putts where all less than 18 inches. Then the wheels fell off.
That's golf I guess.
No matter it was a good day with @shanewu and his dad playing golf.
Tough conditions with that wind but it was cool having the course almost completely to ourselves. That doesn’t happen very often.

Tough round of 84 on Saturday. Sunday was better, especially on the back 9. Driver forgave me and we became best friends again on the back.
1620656664851.png

My short game has come along well. Very happy with my 46*

Tough round of 84 on Saturday. Sunday was better, especially on the back 9. Driver forgave me and we became best friends again on the back.
View attachment 9007219

My short game has come along well. Very happy with my 46*
Great score at Iron Valley! There are some holes there that just seem to eat me alive. Looks like the putter was 🔥!

Great score at Iron Valley! There are some holes there that just seem to eat me alive. Looks like the putter was 🔥!
Thanks! My putter and 46 had my back. It helps when the greens were rolling well, too. And the wind wasn't blowing at mach 3 this weekend...

38/41 for a 79. I had a 4 footer that I knew I needed to save par and keep it under 80 on the last hole, and I've probably never wanted a putt so bad. :LOL: 7/12 FW, 7/18 GIR, 27 putts with no 3 putts.

85 today. Played TPC Potomac for first time. Beautiful layout. They will be hosting the Wells Fargo next year. Some challenging green complexes. Tight shot makers courses but I wasn't making lots of great shots today...Ha....Get up at 3 get in car at 3:30...drive 3 and 1/2 hours up thru DC traffic...Arrive. Shotgun start for our raters group. Course would be closed otherwise. We start on a 180 par 3 over marsh with 25 mph wind in face...Yea double to start...

Net -3 on a heck of round from 6856/72.8/127. Slew of birdies and trickled in a lovely 20' eagle after a beauty hybrid approach. M Craft IV was absolutely on fire, and approach game was real good. Missed one GIR, and on that hole (par 5) I went fairway bunker, to fairway bunker, to plugged in a greenside bunker, and sandie for par. 😆 It was ridiculous. I was having a crap day beforehand though, and despite one rain delay and a slow course it was a really good time and turned my day around. Grateful.

9 hole 40. Trying to warm up at 5:45am is getting harder and harder!

Slowly getting things together. Windy day but putter and driver were working ... approach game is still a work in progress..and triple and double to end the round really chapped me

Capture.PNG

35 - 40 - 75. Played really good golf for 8 consecutive holes (-2 from 2 - 9) and really mediocre golf on the other 10 holes. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 5 bogeys.

44-50-94:( First 9 I was hitting fairways with my Cobra Extreme (thanks again @Golfers Anonymous) but chipping and putting was atrocious! Back 9 driving not as good but nothing punishing. But chipping and putting all day was bad. 41 putts bad. Make a good shot and follow it up with a bad one was story of the day. I foresee some greenside work this weekend!

Net -3 again today with 6 birds, an eagle, and 26 putts on a 7051/74.8/137 . Don't feel great physically, and have been trying to just have fun (today I even forgot my 4i and UT), but have somehow gone gonzo the last couple. Golf is whimsical.

Epic Speed was great, TCB good, real clippy MD5s, and M Craft IV held it's own on some tough putts. It was fun, and a good time killer on a rainy work day

37. 6/7 FIR. 6 GIR 15 putts. Just a good time.

37 in league tonight. 2 birdies. 5 1-putts. 14 total putts. Started with a double bogey that included a 3-putt that can best be described as WTF GB. :rolleyes: Played well after that. This latest swing change is starting to take shape.
Yep no strokes for you in August, plus home course advantage you’ll owe me strokes. 😜. Great shooting!!!!

Fun day today I played TPC Sawgrass Stadium course. I was playing with customers and we walked and took caddies which was awesome. We had a mixed group from an ability perspective so we played the Blue/White combo which was 6396 yards with a 71.9 CR and a slope of 147. I shot a tidy little 76 including two doubles. I had a few highlights including making a 2 on the 17th hole. It played 135 to the flag which was all the way back. It was down wind and I hit a PW a bit thin but it carried onto the front of the green and I ran in a 50 foot putt for a 2. That put me +1 on the back. I proceeded to bite off too much on 18 and pulled my drive into the water. I reteed and hit a great drive leaving me 167 to a back flag. I hit a 6i just over the green leaving 25 feet. I used a 5w to run the ball over the fringe and ran it right in for a bogey.

Overall it is a really fun course. I played it years ago from the tips and it was grind but from the tees we played it was super enjoyable. I had a little 3 hole stretch on the front where I struggled with driver but other than that I felt like I hit the ball well.

Back