What did you shoot today?

45. Hurt my wrist on the 2nd hole but still played pretty well. The greens were absolute springboards which made landing approach shots on the already very undulated greens very challenging. I hit 3 GIR and had 3 or 4 more where the ball landed on the green and took a big bounce off so that was mildly frustrating

Yesterday I played a course that I haven't been on in almost 2 years. Played pretty well but let a couple of real short putts get away from me. 38-40 = 78
I want another crack at this one.

Played my first 18 of the year - walked the course and learned that this course was incredibly steep in areas with tons of ravines to fly and climb through. Made for a very interesting first 9 holes when you get to your ball and your heart is doing 180.
I shot a dismal 111 but I figure there's nowhere to go but down and had some really beautiful shots; suffered on some awkward lies and putts.

Played my first round since December yesterday at Arizona National GC with @AzGolfer, @Doubleb21, and @MagicSpell. My goal was to break 90: I ended up shooting 39/45 - 84. Very, very happy about my round, although losing more distance due to the layoff is a bit disconcerting. Driver was straight, but a bit short; irons were actually decent (clubbing up works!!), short game was a mixed bag, and putting was pretty good. All in all, I’m just glad to be golfing again!!

Shot 37-33= 70 (6700, par 72 on the water) today at the course I coach my HS team at. Played with three of my HS juniors who will be captains next year, fun day with them. Actually hit the ball better on the front 9, but made everything on the back.

We started on hole #9 (jumped in at an open spot to avoid slow play), and I was +2 after 10 holes - birdie on #9, then +3 overall on the back 9. Came to the front and my game just came completely unraveled - went +10 in 7 holes, with 4 penalty strokes and two 3 putts. It was like two completely different golfers on the front and back. Ended up 38/46 for an 84, what a waste of a good start! 7/12 FW, 9/18 GIR, 35 putts.

At least the weather was awesome, there was no wind (for a change!) and it was fast - we finished in 2:57 playing as a threesome.

94 at Coronado Golf Course. A big improvement from my 109 at Torrey yesterday albeit on a much easier course. Best day with the irons and wedges in a long time. Driver and putter let me down big time today otherwise it could have been a real good score for me.

40 for 9 holes. 15 putts. 1 birdie. Triple on the 2nd hole sunk me. Bunker to bunker and another bunker shot just for fun. 🤪 I did learn from it. Up and down for par from a greenside bunker on #3 and nice approach to 20 feet from a fairway bunker on #5.

A couple of “beach” pics from today.
1A59D306-3CB6-4BD9-B7D5-280A2D489212.jpeg
DFC0D267-DA17-4B83-B237-C7BAD1B3D5E6.jpeg
1487F705-7858-4461-BCFA-890572CF34F6.jpeg

Well another atrocious tee game day. Thank gosh my irons were some what working. Still super windy. Had wind into the face almost every hole. Couldn’t hit the driver past 200 yards today I think with the exception of 2 drives. Think I need a break from golf for a few weeks and hopefully reset. Shot 42/46 w/ 29 putts and that was with a 3-putt on 18, but to be fair the green was ate up and like a plinko board. Still happy with my short game. But I have to get this long game figured out. Course was in ok condition. Not the worst one I have played in the past 2 weeks but not the best either.
View attachment 9007071View attachment 9007072View attachment 9007073View attachment 9007074

How's that knockdown shot coming along?

Net -1 and net +2 on 9's from different tees trying to dial in the bag. Hit every club, played well. Was a real good outing. Bag is set.

@OldandStiff what didn't the Callaway heads not do? I'm shocked .....you were killing that Speed
Just a little better control with the TSi3. Gonna be a tough week. Need precision both directions. And it's drenched here. I can carry my TSi3 a little better and more consistently. Like, within a yard type consistency. It's spooky.

Back