What did you shoot today?

Screenshot_20210606-173911_TheGrint.jpg

Finally got the wife out on the fluffy. It's fresh cut, so not as fluffy, but it went well for her until she wore down on the back. She loved the course. Said more than once 'it's beautiful here', so that was a total win. And 101 isn't bad for here there. It's tough.

I came out fresh and playing well. A day of rest helped. Had lost it a bit by the end, but better overall. Kind of overcorrected some iron issues I've had the last couple, and just missed a couple greens because of it. Only cost me on one. Slight miss that got held up by an unexpected breeze and missed about a 4 foot putt to save par. It was an erratic day putting. Missed from 4 and 6', lipped a couple, but hit a 30 footer for birdie to finish. Driver was mostly automatic despite playing a ball today that doesn't quite suit and greenside wedges were mostly good. Holed one on #8.

Beautiful day on course. The rain held off, calm, and not sunny enough to start sweating. Great Sunday.

Last edited:
I had my best day in a long time. My playing partners canceled because of the mid 90's Temps and the 25 to 30 mph winds. I was almost all alone on the course for the first 18. 2 hours and 19 minutes. Love the fast pace round.
Ended up shooting a 40/36/76. Then felt pretty good and had to wait half an hour then played 9 more holes and shot a 40.
Screenshot_20210606-182441_TheGrint.jpg
Screenshot_20210606-182514_TheGrint.jpg
Screenshot_20210606-182223_TheGrint.jpg

4 birdies today. Really happy with this round considering the winds. It actually didn't feel that hot with the wind.

Last edited:
An embarrassing 96. My ability to get off the tee was horrendous considering how well I played in the rest of my game. Probably need a tune up lesson to clean some things up now.

Well I put up a decent 96 yesterday at Crumpin Fox. Definitely faded down the stretch, a combination of heat and adult beverages contributing to the fade :LOL:. All in all I was pretty pleased with my game, as I didn't have any straight up mishits just the usual directional challenges plus getting out over my skis with the driver. I was driving the ball really well, and hit a great draw the first time I was really trying for it. Problem was the next three drives that were attempted shapes (two draws, one fade) were all way overdone and led to penalties 🤦‍♂️. Bunkers got me in big trouble too, as I had three shots out of them and none were very good. The bunker sand was extremely firm so I kept getting 20 yards more than I needed. Despite the high score I actually walked away feeling pretty good.
1623072573243.png

Sunday was another struggle. Time to work on the driver at the range. Scrambling is still solid at 38%, but too many driver shots OB. 87.

41/40 😢

45/47-92. Olympic Club Lake Course. US Women's Open conditions.

38/40 - 78 at Arizona National GC (white tees). Solid debut for my new Mizuno JPX921 HM irons. Driving still continues to be pretty good, short game was much better today. Very happy with this round.

Screenshot_20210607-200536_TheGrint.jpg

Got this in yesterday before I had to get started on the Ark for today's flood.

Was working on a cut with the ZX7's and it was working mostly well. Couple misses. Driver was really good, but the 3H off the first tee drew some attention. Lol I hooked the daylights out of that and had to wedge over trees, long, and chip to a foot to save par.

2 birdies on the short par 3's with the ZX7 A wedge. Pure gold that thing. Ended up in trouble off the tee on 14, but made a real good rescue and putt to flip the script and keep the clean round going. Missed sticking a 4i approach on 18 by about a foot, but got the easy birdie for a good finish and everything was still dry at the end. (y)

View attachment 9011976

Got this in yesterday before I had to get started on the Ark for today's flood.

Was working on a cut with the ZX7's and it was working mostly well. Couple misses. Driver was really good, but the 3H off the first tee drew some attention. Lol I hooked the daylights out of that and had to wedge over trees, long, and chip to a foot to save par.

2 birdies on the short par 3's with the ZX7 A wedge. Pure gold that thing. Ended up in trouble off the tee on 14, but made a real good rescue and putt to flip the script and keep the clean round going. Missed sticking a 4i approach on 18 by about a foot, but got the easy birdie for a good finish and everything was still dry at the end. (y)
You are going to make me look like a 36 HC if we get to play when I come out that way in a couple weeks. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You are going to make me look like a 36 HC if we get to play when I come out that way in a couple weeks. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Haha I was honestly surprised at how that ended up, especially with how it started. Burns is my weakest course in the area. That's a PB there. It usually eats my lunch for some reason.

I had my best day in a long time. My playing partners canceled because of the mid 90's Temps and the 25 to 30 mph winds. I was almost all alone on the course for the first 18. 2 hours and 19 minutes. Love the fast pace round.
Ended up shooting a 40/36/76. Then felt pretty good and had to wait half an hour then played 9 more holes and shot a 40.
View attachment 9011734
View attachment 9011736
View attachment 9011737

4 birdies today. Really happy with this round considering the winds. It actually didn't feel that hot with the wind.
Nice round, bud!

40 - 37 - 77 without using a putter. I had no idea they were punching and sanding the greens again yesterday for the 3rd time in the last 2 months. Would have put my old beater putter in the bag had I known that. Refused to putt with the almost new $350 putter I had in the bag on all of that sand so putted the entire round with the leading edge of my 58° wedge. Honestly likely would have shot only a couple of shots better with using a putter. Both long putts I had resulted in 3 putts because not being able to get the first "putt" even close to the hole. 2 birdies, 9 pars and 7 bogeys.

40 - 37 - 77 without using a putter. I had no idea they were punching and sanding the greens again yesterday for the 3rd time in the last 2 months. Would have put my old beater putter in the bag had I known that. Refused to putt with the almost new $350 putter I had in the bag on all of that sand so putted the entire round with the leading edge of my 58° wedge. Honestly likely would have shot only a couple of shots better with using a putter. Both long putts I had resulted in 3 putts because not being able to get the first "putt" even close to the hole. 2 birdies, 9 pars and 7 bogeys.
:mad::mad::mad:

I'd be pissed, but would have made the same choice. That sucks though man. Did you talk to them about their schedule/plan for this? I would have sought a conversation to help me understand what they're doing.

:mad::mad::mad:

I'd be pissed, but would have made the same choice. That sucks though man. Did you talk to them about their schedule/plan for this? I would have sought a conversation to help me understand what they're doing.

They have had a lot of trouble with the greens this year so I'm glad at least they are diligent in trying to fix them. The hot weather came in about 2 months later than normal so I'm guessing that had something to do with it. Normally they do let everyone know a couple of weeks in advance when the greens are going to be aerated and they close the course for the day. Was not going to play yesterday anyway so have no idea if it was open or not. It didn't appear as though they aerated the entirety of the greens. Maybe just targeted problem areas. They dang sure dumped a lot of sand on the entirety of the greens though.

First 9 in a week and a half. Shot a 40 on the easier side. Started off birdie-par and was feeling really good. Then got way too lazy on a chip shot on three and ended up with a double. Some mediocre play followed but I finished with another birdie for the +4. Could be mad at the score but I was just really happy to be back out on the course. Two more weeks of being busy, then the summer is mine to golf!

71......for 16 holes

Lost our pairs matchplay on the 15th hole, but we then played up the 18th

42-38 | 80. Rough early start but still hit some quality shots.

39/39-78
37/41-78

PROGRESS!

Played the back twice yesterday since there was league on the front. Shot a 40 the first time through and was even thru 6 my second time and went double, double, bogey to finish with a 41. Been playing my fade off the tee and not trying to force anything. Should be able to put some really good rounds together soon!

37 - 36 - 73. I have had so much practice putting on sand the last few months I think I can putt better on it than grass. Lol. 3 birdies, 11 pars and 4 bogeys.

Back