What did you shoot today?

40+38 for 78 today. 4 birdies, a record for me, including holing out my 4th shot from 45 yards away uphill, blind shot over a bunker on a par 5.

Very happy today!

I shot 78 today from our back tees which is probably 3 strokes better than the 78 I shot yesterday from our white tees. My short game was strong today. I got a few bad lies when I missed some fairways or greens by not that much. I didn’t make any real long putts but I also didn’t have any 3 putts.

Hahaha!
I did find something out about that show that pretty much sucked the life right out of me before the round, so you may be onto something.. 😢

That post is like a putt hanging on the edge of the cup. You can only leave it there for thirty seconds, and then you have to finish it.

. . . And?

Today was really frustrating. +4 through 3 holes followed by 6 birdies in the next 11 holes for a 71. Struggled off the tee but dialed in wedges.

I don't whether to thank you or cry with you. There must be something we can do.

Played 36 today.

42-43 on the first round. Started with a double and had another on #6. :mad: Lazy with the putter and started back 9 with three consecutive 3-putt bogeys.

41-39 on the second round with a triple on #6. 128 yards out from the center of the fairway and made a complete mess of things.

My home course is prepping for the State AM which begins tomorrow. Lots of long and lush blue grass everywhere. Not quite like The Open, but tough enough. We were paired with the State Open winner (last week's event). Small guy but he can hit the ball a looooong way.

A cheater’s 83…putts were given so we could finish 18 before it got completely dark.

Pretty darn good ball striking yesterday and today. The flat stick cooperated more yesterday.

Last edited:
45/41 = 86 (+14) yesterday, with a couple kids tagging along.

+4 on hole 1; +10 on holes 2-18.

With the exceptions of 1 drive and 1 5H off the tee, the clubs with headcovers were a disaster. I don't really know which direction they're going at this point.

Approach shots with irons were as good as they've been this year.

Two rounds of 82. One on my home course with 3 birdies, and another on a very narrow, doglegs everywhere course that usually gives me trouble. Very happy with the weekend play!

43/39 for an 82. Our course is playing brutal right now - the rough is so deep that you can lose a ball six inches off the fairway or around the green, and deep Bermuda is a real challenge to play out of. Sometimes all you can do is hack it and hope for the best. I can't even tell you how many putts I left about one revolution short of the cup, just couldn't get the speed down. 6/12 FW, 9/18 GIR, 34 putts with two 3 putts.

It was 100 degrees with 30% humidity - 30 percent might not sound like much to you boys back east, but out here where we're acclimated to single digit humidity, it feels like you're drowning! We were freaking melting by the end of the round - we finished in just under 3 hours, and if it had been a slow day out there we would have quit early. Fortunately the course was wide open, nobody in front of us and nobody behind us all day long.

45/41=86 this morning. Struggled mightily the first 5 holes with 3 doubles and 2 bogeys. Had no idea where irons were going in that stretch, though contact was solid. Finished the front with 2 pars, a bird and another double. Straightened things out for the most part on the inward nine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

39/43 yesterday at St Andrews in West Chicago, IL. Has a real good shot at breaking 80 for the first time and the last 3 holes did me in. Legs started to wear out since we walked and ended up with an 82. Sooooo close.......

Played a short local 9 in the rain today so I could clean my clubs. Shot a 1 under 34 and have shiny clean clubs now! 😛

3 birdies and 1 eagle
2 bogies

7th round under par for the season, 3 more to reach goal of 10 for the season. I will enjoy the 69 for the next 3 days as I will get my ass kicked on Friday playing the beast of Bethpage Black. Will be happy with an 82

Last edited:
37 - 37 - 74. As bad as it was off the tee, it certainly did not feel like a 74. 3 birdies, 11 pars, 3 bogeys and 1 double.

Went out with the early afternoon group, and did alright. Brought a set I hadn't played in a while and got them going while working on the Epic speed some and catching up with an old friend.

Then gathered the hooligans and went around again.

Screenshot_20210719-173706_TheGrint.jpg

and it was not like yesterday's round. lol Was trying to play casually and socialize and keep people moving to start, but then stuck a 5i for a kick in birdie on 3, driver-9 to 7' right below the hole on the next, then missed a green (front pin right over a ridge) by about 6 inches on 5 and the smacktalkers started in. lol And that was the end of casual golf. Good putt on 7 from 13', but otherwise was just sticking approaches with the P7MC's and collecting the bets. They should know better on that course.

I enjoyed it, hdcp might not.

Played 18 in the dense smoke yesterday. Shot a 103 with a few lost balls that just vanished into the haze and were never to be found. Ended the round with (probably) a career record of 3 pars in a row so that was nice.
My 58 degree wedge was absolutely on fire and I was dropping chip shots within 10ft of the hole consistently which was awesome for me. Sadly I only converted a few of those into one-putts, which is why I have booked a short game/putting lesson for this Wednesday.

Side note: I have really taken it upon myself to follow RGC's rule 17b that a player must laugh at the bad shots and I find it really keeps my mood up. I was paired with a friend's friend who I had never golfed with before and he was the polar opposite. By hole 14 he was slamming clubs on the ground after hitting errant shots and cursing himself pretty vocally. Don't be that guy.

Played 18 in the dense smoke yesterday. Shot a 103 with a few lost balls that just vanished into the haze and were never to be found. Ended the round with (probably) a career record of 3 pars in a row so that was nice.
My 58 degree wedge was absolutely on fire and I was dropping chip shots within 10ft of the hole consistently which was awesome for me. Sadly I only converted a few of those into one-putts, which is why I have booked a short game/putting lesson for this Wednesday.

Side note: I have really taken it upon myself to follow RGC's rule 17b that a player must laugh at the bad shots and I find it really keeps my mood up. I was paired with a friend's friend who I had never golfed with before and he was the polar opposite. By hole 14 he was slamming clubs on the ground after hitting errant shots and cursing himself pretty vocally. Don't be that guy.

Yesterday was brutal in Calgary. I left and drove back to Saskatchewan for the week. Ha ha.

Today I played Waskesiu Golf Course for the first time and shot an 82. Beautiful, narrow course cut into the boreal forrest of northern Saskatchewan. It was in great shape and definitely a course I want to play again!

43/38, my best round yet at, my home track. Chipped in on the first hole and knew it would be a good round. Ended up rattling off 6 pars in a row to close out my round. Feel like I’m really starting to play smart and figure out how to get myself out of trouble!

Back