What did you shoot today?

It doesn't count if you didn't know about it until after the round....

Haha

I feel like it would have been one of those days regardless. I mean I had a nemesis lie on 5 and stayed about an inch on courtesy of 'Danger Zone', and 'Holding Out for a Hero' was the only other close call on 17. Again by about an inch.

It was DESTINY! :LOL:

2 putted from 8 feet and then from 5 feet to start things off last night. Brutal. Then got into big time trouble off the tee on 12. Relatively steady the rest of the way in - finally no 3 putts and no penalties. Feels like it's been a while since that's happened (too lazy to actually check haha). First round of our member four-ball tournament on Sunday and really looking forward to it. Been a long time since I've played in an official tournament.

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 8.14.45 PM.png

45-42 for a frustrating 87. 3 holes I just fell apart and it really blew up my score. Than again I stuck the 5 hybrid within 4 ft from 200 yards not once but twice today. Golf is a funny game.

Woke up feeling like crap but went and played and it showed. 102 I have not lost as many balls as I did today in a few years.
I shoulda just stayed home. I was done by the 15th but wasn't going to bail on my partner.

38 - 37 - 75. 3 birdies, 10 pars, 4 bogey and 1 double. I thought to myself several times during the round that when my short game goes, I am absolutely screwed. Very disheartening hitting balls that look, sound and feel solid and they end up 10 (short irons) - 25 (driver) yards shorter than I am expecting. Age has finally caught up with me this year in terms of distance, or lack thereof.

Odd and annoying day. -2 through 9, and shot 81….. :sick:

Shot 92 today, which is trending the wrong direction. The tee ball was the primary culprit. The rest of the game was really solid. Fortunately I have a lesson Saturday to work more on the driver.

83,’ and all facets of the game were on!

42-41. Made a couple of nice par-saving putts. 2 doubles...

My last 3 rounds..85 PB, 93, and a 89 yesterday. I am now fighting to break 90 instead of trying to break 100 on a more consistent basis now :)
Congrats on the PB!!! Sounds like you have improved quite a bit, keep at it.

Congrats on the PB!!! Sounds like you have improved quite a bit, keep at it.
Yep, 10 months in and I am very happy with my progress. Started out with a 136. It's been a lot of fun and I think I enjoying practicing as much if not a little more than playing.

So played the first round with the RadSpeed XB today and I will just say my Callaway heart is a little broken right now. Course I played today had just been aerated but long drive of the day was 328 with an avg of 290 on the day. Course didn’t have a range so couldn’t warm up but after about 7 holes I was on auto pilot. Putting was the worst part of my game today but I take that with a grain of salt due to the aeration and sand on the greens. Hit 5/6 fairways on the back 9. Irons were on fire today too. I was on the struggle bus the first 5-6 holes but after that I was money.
54F58B19-A0FA-4C36-9955-39BA7736DDD1.jpeg

39 (+2) / 40 (+5) for a 79. We played up a tee box, but gusty 20 mph winds ate up the difference on the holes into the wind. Kinda fun to play up like that, it gave me some looks I don't usually get and made me play some of the holes differently than usual. 2 birdies, 7 pars, 9 bogeys - no doubles for the first time since I can't remember when. 5/12 FW, 8/18 GIR, 32 putts with two 3 putts.

Clouds and wind kept the heat down and made the humidity bearable, and with only two of us playing we finished in 2:05. Perfect desert summer golf!

35 - 37 - 72. Went 9 straight holes (8-16) without hitting a single green and the short game got me 7 pars in that very rough stretch. The 2 bogeys I did make were 10 - 12 foot putts that I left an inch or two short in the middle of the hole. 2 birdies, 14 pars and 2 bogeys.

Lovely 73 today, everything worked 😊.

44-43 for another frustrating 87. I’m just struggling to find my swing at times and other times it’s on fire. I’m going to try and get some practice in this week , I really need it.

Crazy Day....Took my son-in-law out for his first round of golf on a golf course...We have banged balls a few times in back yard net...His swing is not very forcefull....So today was about instruction of etiquette and such...I have previously told him there is only one rule about being a good playing partner....Ya gotta keep up...Try to not be that guy who is always taking his time...If ya can keep up anybody will enjoy playing with you regardless of your score......So we had predecided we would play a shamble...Hit our drives pick best and play in from there....So we played my drive every hole. On a couple of the 3's he hit ok and played his ball in. He made one bogey and most every other score was double plus. As we got to back nine the course was getting busy. Front one two came up on us and we let them thru. We were walking...and it was near 90 and hot and the course isn't green to next tee right there....So come back nine I was dragging him along a little bit...But we got off 18 and it was a good experience. He was beat. But he enjoyed it...So then we get back home as he and my daughter and 3 kids are living with us right now. They sold there house and moving...His new boss loves golf so he knows he needs to get up to speed some...But anyway I sit down and do my arccos edits as I was loaded as shooting a 60...Ha and as I edit correct I scratch my head and think wth...74...35 on back 1 under. I did knock a 9 iron to 2 inches and I did roll in a 35 footer for bird but mostly just kept it in play and moved along...So low round in a while. Guess it's good to focus elsewhere.....

20210723_172004.jpg

Going into the weekend with a good one!!

I started off like hell. Left going left off the tee. Stuck a wedge or two, and made one putt, so hung tough until I got it sorted out. Also picked good spots to be terrible. Short par 4's and par 5's are where I can get away with it more easily. Brought the newly re-shafted P7MC and was trying to get a feel for that. Couple lie angles are definitely off, one loft I think, but they were good, and I was cooking with them by the end. Putted well for crap greens. Felt locked in, but recently punched greens were a challenge. Kind of botched the last drive, and got robbed on the eagle putt, but finished strong for the heat and was a good way to end the week. 3.5hr on a Friday isn't bad either.

Back