What did you shoot today?

Over the weekend my game disappeared. 97, 83, 88. I was very upset at the time but now I'm even more motivated to improve! Back in the game tonight for 9. Interested to see what swing shows up and where my mental game is at

We played a different course today, about 40 minutes away. 49/48 for a 97, woof. This course requires you to hit what you're aiming at, and that wasn't my game today. There are a lot of ways you can get into trouble, and I found most of them. 9/14 FW, so the tee game wasn't horrible - but 3/18 GIR and 35 putts, with one 3-putt.

Screenshot_20210727-164405_Gallery.jpg

I had a really good day, despite driving the ball like hell, because @Stemmy66 called out my putter on the back and it was like "I was getting ROBBED on the front! I'll show this mf'er!!". :LOL:. So my proximity was pretty god awful for me, but results were good. Need to try to remember that for the days when the balance swings the other way(s).

It was hot. My guy picked up twice just to stay in the shade. Lol. I hit the Speed 💎💎💎 like 💩, and got a branch up my butt hitting a pretty good recovery after one wayward drive. It was an adventure.

And got done in time to oversee the new a/c install at the house after ours crapped out last night, so it was pretty much a win for me today. :giggle:

View attachment 9019156

I had a really good day, despite driving the ball like hell, because @Stemmy66 called out my putter on the back and it was like "I was getting ROBBED on the front! I'll show this mf'er!!". :LOL:. So my proximity was pretty god awful for me, but results were good. Need to try to remember that for the days when the balance swings the other way(s).

It was hot. My guy picked up twice just to stay in the shade. Lol. I hit the Speed 💎💎💎 like 💩, and got a branch up my butt hitting a pretty good recovery after one wayward drive. It was an adventure.

And got done in time to oversee the new a/c install at the house after ours crapped out last night, so it was pretty much a win for me today. :giggle:
Not sure what your showed other than a pretty typical scorecard for your round 🤷‍♂️ Either way, its fun to follow along in the live thread and see how you're playing.... glad the putter heated up and more importantly glad timing worked out so you could cool down with new AC ;).... and yeah, I shot 33 on the front once.... the front 7 :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Not sure what your showed other than a pretty typical scorecard for your round 🤷‍♂️ Either way, its fun to follow along in the live thread and see how you're playing.... glad the putter heated up and more importantly glad timing worked out so you could cool down with new AC ;).... and yeah, I shot 33 on the front once.... the front 7 :oops: :ROFLMAO:
Lol Definitely off the typical for me. Worked out really well though. Now..

So now this begs the question... does your FIL call you 'meathead'? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Haha I don't have a FIL, but I'm pretty sure based on something one of his friends said, that the closest thing calls me his 'show pony'. 😕

Played 9 and the good golf continues. Shot a 38 wit 3 bogies and a birdie. All bogies were the result of bad tee shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

40/44 = 84 today at a short but very tight course. 36 putts, 8 greens and 79% fairways, but 3 lost balls (miss a fairway here and you're often dead). First round with the Wrist Lock grip and generally it was good with the putter (more details to come in that thread), but I was so far away from the hole so frequently that it was just tough to score. My wedges really let me down - I should be putting for bird after hitting a wedge from the fairway, not struggling for par from a missed green or 40 feet away!

Snuck in 9 before league and managed a 37. 5 FIR 5GIR and 15 putts.

I figured I'd get out now that I'm home to see if being on a familiar course would let me swing a little more free and relaxed than I was in Chicago. Well, my swing off the tee is still very erratic and got me in trouble for 4 doubles last night through 9. 😞 43 +7. Only good thing was one birdie to slightly make the round worth it.

Week and a half until I'm in CDA playing the Resort Course and Circling Raven. Got some time to get it fixed

41/44 85 this morning. Had some issues off the tee early with a tired lower body and some hosel related issues later. :( Just can't shake these random issues, so dang frustrating.

41/44 85 this morning. Had some issues off the tee early with a tired lower body and some hosel related issues later. :( Just can't shake these random issues, so dang frustrating.
Keep grinding....I'm sure you'll right the ship! Remember golf is a 4-letter word!

Keep grinding....I'm sure you'll right the ship! Remember golf is a 4-letter word!
Haha yeah thanks. Just frustrating when it just randomly pops in and completely ruins your round.

Haha yeah thanks. Just frustrating when it just randomly pops in and completely ruins your round.
I feel you.... Past 2-3 rounds for me I've been taking 3-4 tee penalties playing my stock swing and hitting pull hooks out of nowhere.... hitting 3 off the tee sucks and pretty much making double because of those tee penalties pretty much ruin otherwise decent to good rounds.... well, for me at least

76. 39/37. Didn't have my best stuff today but managed a pretty good score. Got up and down quite a few times to save par.

33/42-75 in league last night. Was 1 over after 5 then finished the front birdie-birdie-par-birdie, and I hit the stick with my chip on 8. Also had the best putting 9 Ive had with 10 putts in 9 holes with at least 1 putt on every hole.

The back 9 was a different story, but it was really only 2 bad holes. Made an 8 on #14 after hitting one OB on my approach and a double on #16 after hitting my tee shot in the trees. Otherwise I played fine on the back.

Game is getting better

37 - 37 - 74. Still all short game driven as the ball striking is still abysmal. Hit a whopping 7 greens, 4 of which were the first 2 and last 2 holes. 2 birdies, 12 pars and 4 bogeys

Finally….
After a few weeks of really mediocre play, shot a 4-over par 38 for my 9 hole league.

Only 3 (what I would consider to be) mis-hit shots…. NO 3 putts, 2 lip outs that could have been birds. If I could hit the ball like that consistently, I’d be happy.

Overall great day, the lowest score i've shot in a long, long, long time. 39/36 - 75 on a 6,007 yd course (which is a set of tees up from my normal). GIR was double what i normally get & the main reason for my low score. FIR were spot on normal, putts were spot on normal as well.

Last edited:
6 bogeys for a 42, could not string the good shots together. Didn't putt bad, just not good enough. Did hit one of the best 2 irons I've hit in a long time off the 7th tee.

87, my putting saved me

Back