What did you shoot today?

Played 9 and shot a 38 with 2 bogies. Just couldn’t get any putts to fall. I think I’m finally done being sick. FINALLY!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95…. Course was playing insanely hard. 7000 yards with 20mph winds

44/44 for an 88. 'Away' course, these greens were fast and had a lot of contour compared to my home track. 20 putts on the front including 4 three-putts, then settled down on the back, 15 putts with no three-putts. 8/13 FW, 4/18 GIR. Decent day with the big stick - I wasn't hitting them long, but I was hitting them mostly straight. Course was in nice condition, so I can't blame anything on course conditions - all my wounds were self-inflicted.

We got stuck behind the slowest threesome on the course, round was just under 5 hours. I can't tell how many holes they fell behind the group in front of them, they were nowhere even in sight. Never asked if we wanted to play through, didn't look like it even crossed their mind - they were playing like they were the only ones on the course. They were so slow that a fivesome behind us was keeping up with us, and we were a twosome!

Last edited:
43/42 today for 85. Two of the par 3s beat me down for doubles. I also had one double on a par 5. Great day with the driver off the tee. I only was able to get one 1 putt. I was in 4 different bunkers 3 were green side and I came right out perfect. The best bunker shot was hole from 121 out over water. I choked down a 9 iron and put it right on the green. I proceeded to destroy to easy pitch shots with the S word 😂. I guess I looked up to watch before the ball was even hit Lol. Had a great day on the course.

We got stuck behind the slowest threesome on the course, round was just under 5 hours. I can't tell how many holes they fell behind the group in front of them, they were nowhere even in sight. Never asked if we wanted to play through, didn't look like it even crossed their mind
You should have asked to play thru, that's what my group/I do when a slow group ahead seems clueless and doesn't offer when it's obvious they should.

42-38 today. Keeping the hot streak alive. Not a terrible hard course but a terribly kept course. Tee boxes were in awful shape, bunkers were basically hardened mud and/or filled with water, which basically deemed as unplayable and allowed the option of dropping behind it. The greens were in decent shape though. I went there because it was cheaper on a holiday and I took my daughter so didn’t want to drop a ton on the round.

Last edited:
Jeckyl and Hyde again. 47-40. Won the back (net), got a greenie and a skin.

47 out / 39 in for a 86, front 9 was atrocious, 3 three putts, back nine was just the opposite, 3 bogeys, 6 pars and should have only been 1 bogey. Oh well, gorgeous day to be on the course with my son and his college roommate, 2 fine young man who can hit a golf ball a mile it seems some days, they both carded low 80 scores.

Did not bring the good stuff with me this morning 43 with a triple on 9 and then the back saw very free bright spots outside of a near ace (birdied) and some good chipping. Ended 89, rough go but I won the game within the 18 in a lobsided victory.

Not enough sun to finish the round but was +14 though 15

40/38 = 78 (+7) yesterday. Didn't do anything spectacular yesterday, but I actually drove the ball pretty well once I loosened up after the first few holes. Really striking the ball pretty well right now and the 78 felt pretty easy, which would not have been the case 6 months ago. Hopefully, I can keep the good play heading into the TX/AZ weekend at the end of the month.

Finally got around to posting my last few scores.

Played decent but rinsed one on each of the par 5's and those bogies felt like pars. Only had about 80 feet on 9 :rolleyes: and missed the windmill on my lag.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 8.41.14 AM.png

Very uninspiring 43 in our league quarterfinal but it was good enough for a 3&2 victory and on to the semis.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 8.41.22 AM.png

And then 14 very solid holes over the weekend accompanied by 4 absolute dumpster fires.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 8.41.32 AM.png

And then a fun twilight 9 with my buddy and his 9 year old last night. Putted like trash but got to see the little dude hit some outstanding shots which made up for what felt like a hundred putts.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 8.41.40 AM.png

Well, after fighting Covid for 24 days, I finally got out today. Still very weak and 18 hole kicked my butt pretty good. Front 9 was closed so played back 9 twice. Driver was much better ( have I finally figured out how to hit it mostly straight?) but putting was horrible. Shot a 41 on the first 9 and 46 on the 2nd. 1 penalty and just way to many putts or it may have actually been my best round ever. Handicap dropped from 17.1 to 16.2. (I couldn't even sniff 100 before last year😁Screenshot_20210907-170418_18Birdies.jpg
Screenshot_20210907-170435_18Birdies.jpg

48/49 - 97 Was a nice day, but had a couple bad holes today. Did pull off one birdie. Greens were not mowed this morning and they were like putting on shag carpet. We kept saying we left about 5 or more putts on the table due to the greens. They mowed them about 2:30 today after we had just finished our round. :mad:

88 today , striking it well. Need to keep practicing the chipping

-2, 34. I had my swing back for seven holes. Then my last two holes were two sliced drives, a topped iron and a thinned wedge. Looked an awful lot like how I’ve been playing for the last two months. Going to keep working so I don’t lose this progress

-2, 34. I had my swing back for seven holes. Then my last two holes were two sliced drives, a topped iron and a thinned wedge. Looked an awful lot like how I’ve been playing for the last two months. Going to keep working so I don’t lose this progress
That's still a damn good little round man.

Forgot to post last night.

T100 are officially on the team and in the personal bests book. Had a couple misses with them but overall good and steady. Tough fluffy stuff there yesterday. Would have just been a real nice round, but I was a couple feet from holing out off the tee on the opening par 4, and pitched in from 25y on the last, so with bookend eagles helping out it was ridiculously more than just real nice. Fun and gorgeous day. Finished in just over 3 1/2 and that was with about a 20 min. haranguing after the opening shot and a nice long break at the turn, so it moved along nicely to.

43/41-84 A decent round today as my overall game felt more fluid than yesterday. Played smart and took two layups today instead of a couple of risky shots.

Had good drives with my 4 wood (totally crushed one at 262 total with rollout - not too shabby for an old timer), solid chipping, irons, and putting was pretty good. Can always be better, but I can't complain as this was under my average for my challenging local course.

48/42 for a 90. Couldn't undo that damage I did on the front 9, haha. Statistically it wasn't a terrible day - 11/14 FW, 5/18 GIR, 29 putts - but it was the stuff in between driver and putter that kept biting me. We were playing a course where you have to be able to hit what you're aiming at, and today I couldn't hit what I was aiming at (5 penalty strokes attest to that). Fun day with good friends on a great course though, and I hit enough good shots mixed in with the bad to keep me coming back for more.

Hole #10 on this course is always fun - it's a 582 yard par 5 from the whites, and today we were hitting right into about a 10-12 mph wind. Driver, 5W, 5W, gap wedge, 58° wedge to get on in 5, then 1 putted for a bogey.

Back