What did you shoot today?

40 & 44

One Triple Bogey was the Round Killer

Otherwise I was feeling It.

And the Putter was on Fire.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

97 on Thursday. Could not find my iron swing on the front. It really came alive on the back 9 to the tune of 15 yards past the green. All in all still not a bad round for me. Having been sick the weekend before I had a hard time loosening my back up.

37 - 38 - 75. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 5 bogeys.

Had a lesson with my sons then the eldest and I played nine. 42 on front nine with one birdie and a mess of bogeys

Attachments

• 146C9CD2-B0C4-4C50-B34D-CA1FE0F9149C.jpeg
    146C9CD2-B0C4-4C50-B34D-CA1FE0F9149C.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 3172480D-9438-4522-8DE1-7444A9CCD605.jpeg
    3172480D-9438-4522-8DE1-7444A9CCD605.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 5
Shot an ok 39-40-79. Iron play is ok, driver is so so but putting is really good right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 93 at Wildhorse. Not great but first time out since dealing with back issues so I’ll take it

Putter really failed me which is vexing since all I’ve done the last couple weeks is work on putting and chipping so sucks to not see it pay off. I think I’m just being too tentative and not showing enough confidence in trusting my stroke

Another 40-42, had to double 18...90 yds out in the middle of the fairway and laid the sod over it into the hazard with the 54* maybe the only thing that pisses me off anymore, unforced error with the wedge.

38 - 38 - 76. Not too bad after starting the round double bogey - bogey. Have not been hitting the ball particulary well the past few weeks but short game is doing a pretty good job at bailing me out. 2 birdies, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

48-46
Not great at all BUT much better with my mid irons today. Hit 12 of 14 fairways but only 5 GIR. Putting was not great at all..5 lip outs.

43+46=89.

Weird round, wasn't hitting it great, but scored pretty well for me (Played bang on my 17), and actually got 3 pretty generous slices of luck from our arborial friends, ie
1. a kick back into the middle of the fairway
2. a kick back in bounds from the very top branches that should have been way OB
3. a stop from going into the nasties which dropped down gently at the foot of the tree, off the root and back into a perfect lie in the rough, unimpeded by branches

Veterans Day I shot 98 from the tips after a month of not playing and just shut it down until today. I’ve played like 3 rounds since October.

Was just going to chip and hit a bucket and after both were very good I was like let’s ride the mojo and play a round of Golf.

Paired up with a Father-Son who were in a battle shooting 76-80 respectively.

But I hung around and shot 82 with a chip in birdie. I turned well, had a light grip, and just swung.

Golf is a funny game. But I’m back for 2020!

42/43 today; sooo much work to do

37 - 39 - 76. 1 birdie, 12 pars and 5 bogeys.

I played 27 holes at lake nona yesterday. 39 on the front limping in with a 3-putt bogey on 8 and a missed shorty on 9, then 41 on the back with doubles on the two par 3s. so 80, which is still an encouraging score for me based on some struggles I've had recently.

then we went out for another 9 holes, and I shot 35 with 2 birds and a 3p from off the green (ball was in a little rough and the first putt came out quicker than I expected).

first round(s) with my grandaddy clubs. driver was more inconsistent than I expected, but so was my previous gamer leading up to the event, so it's all swing related and i'll keep plugging away. irons started out with lots of thin shots, but eventually settled in and hit some real beauties. wedges were fire. but the putter is absolutely insane.

Another tale of two 9s. Shot a 41-36-77. Made a swing adjustment on 8 and it obviously paid off.

Played in a 4 man shamble so didn't have a specific score. Hit 3 great shots, all with 58 degree wedge from about 90 yards, that were within 2 feet of the hole. Other than that, my ball striking was pretty ugly.

Struggled to chip and putt on the front 9 and ended up with a 44 but made up for in on the back, shooting 36.

Really solid 38/38 76 today in the muck. Should have been better if I didnt chunk a few chips.

42/45 for 87. Froze my butt off but had fun with another THPer. We are playing tomorrow and it is supposed to be about 10 degrees warmer.

38&41 for 79

38&41 for 79

Played in a 4 man shamble so didn't have a specific score. Hit 3 great shots, all with 58 degree wedge from about 90 yards, that were within 2 feet of the hole. Other than that, my ball striking was pretty ugly.
3 great shots to 2'..... that's a great round in my books!

After so many rounds of finding new and exciting ways to ruin my rounds, I finally broke 90 again. Barely with an 89. But I'll take it. I spent a little more time at the range than usual.

Funny how a few tweaks make all the difference. On the driver follow through the club was coming over my hear near the ear. I switched to making the shaft hit my left shoulder on the follow through and all of a sudden it was straighter and longer. On the irons I just had to focus on the club head going towards the target more than a full follow through.

The greens were super fast. I got a little intimidated by the speed when I ran past the cup too far and 3 putted the first hole. Kinda got in my head. Had way too many putts. If I putted better I woulda easily beat my best score of 87.

I also found out totally by accident what the best ball for me was. I hit one on the 10th hole near a fence. The first 5 holes on the back 9 are lined with homes. A woman said someone hit a nice ball into her yard and asked me if I wanted it. I said "Sure, I'll take it". It was a Bridgestone extra soft. I wasn't driving well up to that point so I thought I'd switch it up and use that back to change my luck. The rest of the round I was hitting it probably 10-15 yards further. I was usually around 220-230. Now I'm more like 230-250 with an occasional 260. I mentioned this to the guy in the pro shop after the round and he said I probably don't compress the ball as much for the harder ones and the softer one goes further. Along with the tweak at the range and the ball, I'm driving much better now.

Back