What did you shoot today?

Tee shots today were terrible. Had 3 doubles that led to a 39-42-81. Also had 2 birdies and some bogies sprinkled around. Need to stop the mental mistakes on the tee box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently I shot a 95 today. I thought it was a 94, but Arccos said different. 42-53 split. A 5h11m round will test me and I will fail every time. It was a tale of two groups. The group in front would watch, walk to cart, pull club, walk to ball, and hit. Our group was standing to the side of our balls with 3-5 clubs in hand waiting.

Bad conditions but still fired a 78. Had a double bogey on the front 9. Started with a Titleist yellow distance and switched to yellow ProV1. Huge difference coming into the greens. Distance would hit, bounce, bounce and bite. The ProV1 would hit bounce, bite and check or spin with short irons. Just love the game!!

Screenshot_20211101-005225_TheGrint.jpg

Really struggled to start, just didn't cost me much. Finally started righting the ship, and then got a big eagle and things improved from there. Fun day and beautiful weather. Wife hit the ball well, but had 43 putts.

Forgot, I went 34/35 on Saturday for a -1.

42/32 from 7,000

86 today with 5 penalties :(

I played at a course I've never been to today about 40 minutes north of me. It was very nice and well maintained but very challenging for me especially in the cold and the first round I've played there. I had some decent tee shots and my approach game was good as usual from 120 in.

However, this course played a little longer than places I normally go and that forced me to use the fairway woods and hybrids more than I usually do. My 3w, 5w, 4h, and 5h are the only clubs I have left from my dads old bag. They are SR Flex and I can't hit them consistently at all. They killed me today. It got to the point where I was hitting 6i's on the back nine that I had no business grabbing a 6i for. I have got to replace them ASAP. Once winter hits and I'm no longer paying greens fees I should have the extra cash to get rid of those damn things. Can't wait.

I managed to 3 putt every par 3 on the course today. 3 putts are not typical for me and on par 3's almost unheard of. I'm not sure why I was having that problem on par 3's in particular. Very perplexing.

Anyway, today I shot +10 / 82. Not a score I am happy with especially since I feel like I lost several shots to clubs I just don't have confidence it. I guess all things considered +10 isn't awful on a course I was unfamiliar with. Felt awful though :(

I'm meeting up with Dad tomorrow for another 18 at a track I've played several times so hoping to wash this taste out of my mouth.

Such a fun round today with my dad. Driver was working well for me with the exception of one driver on 8 that I sliced off the planet and into the drink. We pretty much had the course to ourselves so were able to keep a nice pace.

Rolled a 25 foot birdie putt from the fringe on 2 and I had my first chip in of the season from about 40y on hole 10. Too bad the chip was for par after fatting a 8i. Still felt great.

I did lose a 4h in someone’s yard on 4 but that was the only truly awful shot with the SR flex clubs today. For whatever reason I was able to maintain my tempo with them today.

I putt a lot better today than yesterday. Only 3 putt twice. These rounds with my dad are always special for me and I usually play a little better when we go out together.

+9 / 80

44/37 for an 81 (par 71 course). 10/13 FW, 9/18 GIR, 34 putts. One birdie, 9 pars, 5 bogeys and 3 doubles. Struggled a bit on the front 9 (+7), but finally came alive on the back and started playing halfway decently (+3). It was just about a postcard perfect day - afternoon golf, 84 degrees with an occasional light breeze, awesome desert Fall weather.

Forgot, 34/34 - 68 from 6300 on a par 70 in the 40 degree weather.

Of course the game is strong at the end of the year:rolleyes:

I shot 39-43-82 today at Heatherdowns CC in Toledo yesterday. This place used to be a private club, but has gone semi-private in the last several years. Greens were fine, but the course was very wet, and hard to find a decent lie even playing "lift, clean & place!" Lots of fat shots (hence, my name!), and mud on the ball after nearly every shot....
not much fun, including two consecutive double bogeys on the back nine. At least the weather cooperated....eventually sunny and about 50 degrees. Not bad for November in Ohio....

Got out for what very well could be the last round of the year today:confused:. I had to stop and get some HotHands this morning and when I arrived for my 10:28a time was informed we were on a frost delay until 11am. It did warm up to around 40º by the time I tee'd off but it was still pretty chilly. I'm not a fan of the cold at all so unless we get a couple more 50º+ days I think I'll be done for the season.

The good part about the frost delay is that they let me off first at 11am so I got to be the pacesetter. It's so great to have a wide-open course ahead of you. I ended up making it around 18 in 2h47m according to Arccos. I hope @JB is proud of me. ;)

Anyway, I hit the ball pretty well today and only had three truly awful shots. One was a drive that found tree trouble left (stayed in bounds), another was a drive that was sliced 30y offline and way short, then had a topped 3w on a par 5 with a water carry to the green miraculously it stopped 10y before getting wet.

Ended with +8 / 80. If not for a really dumb read and 3 putt on a par 3 I would have broken 80 for the first time on the home course.

Screenshot_20211105-170635_TheGrint.jpg

I would be very happy with my round, if the driver head screw on my TSi3 hadn't snapped on the 17th tee sending the head (and ball) straight into a pond.

So yeah, not happy. At all. My driver and putter are the things that I DO NOT change. :(

Anyway, brought the main bag (TCB) and tried to get to work. Irons were good. Lots of good shots. Putting was really good. Driving was mostly great until the incident. Lost one to the right a couple holes prior, but hit a good recovery and got a birdie.

Nice day with a depressing and rather salty finish.

A sloppy 87. found a birdie and a good number of pars but too many big numbers.

Beautiful fall weather in MN today played pretty decent 42/42 total of 84. 1 penalty and 3, 3 putts kept it from a real good round for me. It was a good warm up before heading to Vegas tomorrow to play some more.

81 today 41-40 with 2 doubles and a birdie on the front 9. It was an awesome day. Cool, calm and sunny in the low 40s at ten when we teed of warming up to the low 50s when we finished. An awesome November day to play golf in Massachusetts. Our course is in great shape with the greens being as firm and fast as they have been all year. It looks like tomorrow is going to be the same. I love fall golf except for the fact that means winter will be here soon.

I went 38/38 from 6,500 yards with a double Bogey on each side. It's the first time I broke 80 this year on 18 holes. Of course I'm playing the best golf in a few years right at the very end of the season :banghead:.

38/36 74. Best score at my home course in 2021. With 2 chunked chips, a 3 putt, and missed a handful of birdie putts inside 10 feet.

Played pretty well today. Shot a 37-38-75. Started getting a little tired towards the end since pace of play was slooooww. Had a double on the last hole due to this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

40/36 - 76 Had 0 birdies on the front with 4 birdie looks on the front. lol

I shot a +6/41 in sim league today. Tees were set at 3276 for our 9. This is going to be the first round after handicap adjustments. I think I dropped from an 8N to a 2.8N thanks in part to a -2 penalty for only having 3 scores. 2 more weeks of playing at that handicap until the penalty falls off. On the bright side, I’m getting more comfortable hitting in the sim and I’m playing to half my real handicap (17.4) on average.

Screenshot_20211107-135413_TheGrint.jpg

Got some quality time with the spouse on a beautiful day out there, and played pretty well. I was definitely a little distracted on 8 on approach, while she was struggling, but otherwise pretty good. Just gorgeous weather after the first couple holes. Grateful day.

Back