What did you shoot today?

39-39 for 78 this aft. Super happy as I have been putting in the work on the swing. I had 1 birdie that I dropped about a 36ft downhill putt to get. A few good recovery shots helped and I only lost one ball. Lipped out my par putt on 18 I felt like @MagicSpell 🤣 super fun day and hard to beat 73 degree weather in Dec!

Son in laws went with me to Pageland, SC (White Plains) - and we had a fun day. Well..... I was playing along quite nicely... had a 37 on the front... and got to the 18th...a par 5... needing a bogey 6 for a score of “79” for the day. I hit my drive short of a pond and then debated on whether to hit my 3 or 5 wood. I decided on the 5 to be safe.... and hit it somewhat fat... and into the bank... and it rolled into the pond. Looked like I needed one more yard. Continued to make a mess of it... and ended up with an 8 on 18. That gave me an 81 for the day. While that’s pretty good for me - it still stings the way the round ended. It was one of those things you could almost taste.... and then it was taken away. Oh, well. That’s golf.

39-39 for 78 this aft. Super happy as I have been putting in the work on the swing. I had 1 birdie that I dropped about a 36ft downhill putt to get. A few good recovery shots helped and I only lost one ball. Lipped out my par putt on 18 I felt like @MagicSpell 🤣 super fun day and hard to beat 73 degree weather in Dec!
Great round by @Doubleb21 today! Was in complete control of his game from start to finish.
i managed to sneak a vid of one of his crushed drives…
View attachment trim.CF66865A-50EF-478A-96BD-75A2DDB7F1DA.MOV

Played 9 with our 8y/o son today. It was my best 9 hole round ever!

Drove my first green on a par 4 (285yds) and then made a 30' eagle putt (first eagle not including my first ace tour year)! No 3 putts today, 6/7 on putts less than 10' one over 50' putt to within 5'. Hit all fairways and 7 of 9 GIR! NEVER played that well!!! Best part I had my golf buddy with me (our son). Finished even par!

Watched our son flat send a few drives, chip well and sink a 20' putt! It was a day I hope happens again, but if it doesn't I'm glad it happened with my golf buddy.

His bombed drive and he's only 8!

Last edited:
45/45 for me today. Could’ve been 5 to 6 strokes less as I kept burning the edge of the cup on so many putts.
My best hole of the day came on the par 4 13th. 300 yard dog leg left (can’t see the green from the tee). Hit 3w off the tee with a perfect draw around the corner. Ended up with about 72 yards to a front pin for my approach. My “caddy” (@Doubleb21) told me to hit a choked down easy 56 degree wedge. The result? An easy tap in for birdie!
2AF9800A-2780-4858-AF4B-D88AB807EEC1.jpeg

36/39 75 (+4) Wasn't hitting it great but scoring was consistent 15 pars 2 bogeys and a double. Parred the first 10 holes which is longest streak I can remember without a bogey for a while. Swing was too flat which I think wasn't helped by the 5 clothing layers and not being able to make a proper turn as a result. Rolled in a good par putt at the last which will bring me back next week.

45/45 for me today. Could’ve been 5 to 6 strokes less as I kept burning the edge of the cup on so many putts.
My best hole of the day came on the par 4 13th. 300 yard dog leg left (can’t see the green from the tee). Hit 3w off the tee with a perfect draw around the corner. Ended up with about 72 yards to a front pin for my approach. My “caddy” (@Doubleb21) told me to hit a choked down easy 56 degree wedge. The result? An easy tap in for birdie!
View attachment 9050042
That was a great shot! That is a tough hole being blind off the tee.

I shot a 92 yesterday.

left a LOT of strokes out there.

Had THREE 3 putts and a freaking 4 putt.

It is the windiest round of golf I have ever played, ball was oscillating all over the green, a flag flew off of a pin on one of the holes as well.

I was pretty happy with the rest of my game, but the putting was flat out abysmal

I shot a 92 yesterday.

left a LOT of strokes out there.

Had THREE 3 putts and a freaking 4 putt.

It is the windiest round of golf I have ever played, ball was oscillating all over the green, a flag flew off of a pin on one of the holes as well.

I was pretty happy with the rest of my game, but the putting was flat out abysmal

Tough golf in that much wind! 👊🏻

Nothing wrong with that, still have to golf your ball & get it in the hole.

Oh yeah, was more pointing out the rating / slope to say that when I shoot a 70's round at this course (and most of mine this year have been there), because it's a fairly low rating, the differential isn't as low as you'd expect. 77 is about an 8 differential, and yesterday since one par 4 was temporarily a par 3 it would actually be about a 9.

So, yeah, I definitely had a nice round, but I only out-achieved my handicap on paper by about a stroke! Crazy handicap calcs :ROFLMAO:

One round this weekend, but a good one. Shot an 80 in sub 40 temps, no wind thankfully. Driving started strong, but was problematic towards the end. Thankfully my chipping held up. Greens were extremely firm; tough to get anything to stop.

42/42 = 84 (+13) this morning. 8/14 FW, 8/18 GIR, 36 putts.

We had an 0748 tee time, going out as a twosome. When we pulled up to the starter there was a foursome of old guys ahead of us, and the starter let us go because we were only two. Turned out we were the first ones out, and had a wide open course ahead of us the whole way. Finished in 2:43 - not rushing, but playing ready golf at a nice efficient pace. It was great because when we go off at our usual time (around 1030) at this course, 4 1/2 hour rounds aren't at all uncommon and you're waiting on every shot.

Highlight of the day was my approach shot on 18. 172 yards to the pin and I hit a 5-iron so perfectly, one of those nice crisp shots that you just wish you could stand there and hit over and over again because it felt and looked so freaking good. Ended up 9 feet from the pin, which, at least for me, from that distance is great proximity, wish I could do it all the time!

20211206_193426.jpg

Took my broken body to try to have some fun after a trip to the Dr. this morning, and I did!!

Moved up a tee on the front to test an all hands swing, and it went pretty well. Took some getting used to, but I can still hit wedges and putts when I can't move I guess. Shouldn't surprise me I suppose because I did it that way a lot when I was learning to play with my ribs.

Realized I could muster about a 240 carry off the tee and moved back on the second 9. Hit into a couple bad spots (those handsy swings are intense! Face control is PARAMOUNT) but was still sticking wedges and making the putts I should.

About 50* and sunny-ish, with a cool breeze, and a bunch of very awkward looking swings. 😬

Played 9 due to frost delay. +2 for a 38 on the front

Sim league round #5 last night. 41/45 for an 86. New irons/hybrid/wedges are feeling like they are going to be a real nice fit in the bag. Hit some drives that would pass for decent and some really ugly ones. Hopefully, my work schedule will free up a bit to get in for another lesson before Christmas.

43/40 for an 83.

Ho-Hum 81. Had a great round going till a guy being a jerk hit a golf ball at our group. The first one I let go the second one he paid for. Got mad and lost my swing. My own fault for getting to that point. Rare weather in WV this morning. Low 50s and dry.

Screenshot_20211210-141456_MyVoiceCaddie.jpg

Fun time with the wife. She had a couple real tough holes, but also had a handful of birdie chances and got one! I was a little all over the place again. Consistency is kind of out the window swinging to protect my back it seems, but I can still punch my way around 7k for a good score apparently. T22's we're good. Warm, windy, and cloudy, and a great way to spend a Friday. :D

Last edited:
86... putter just would not work today, 39 putts, awful. Some great drives and iron shots though.

Sim round last night trying to wrap up the league rounds I missed. The King Tec hybrid was an absolute missile for me. 44/43 for an 87.

Back