What did you shoot today?

+6 42, with 6/7 fairways hit and 0 GIRs. One more revolution on two holes would've made it a 40.

My iron play is atrocious.

sim league, so not real. +3 today, +2 last week. What that means for real golf, IDK. The good news is that I am continuing a string of very consistent scores. I couldn't be more ready to get my earth-based golf game back into action. Unfortunately I have a few more months before that will become realistic.

92. But the putter was NOT the only broken Club in my bag:banghead::drinks:

I shot 41+44=85. I played Spyglass course out in San Diego at Legends Indoor Golf this afternoon Best day I've had in the simulator this winter.

42 degrees out and sunny so had to hit the links! Not bad for first round outside since the hideaway...obviously MUCH different as well here in connecticut.852EA82A-C899-458D-8D8D-87B9D1EAE073.jpeg

42 degrees out and sunny so had to hit the links! Not bad for first round outside since the hideaway...obviously MUCH different as well here in connecticut.View attachment 8925590
42 is a little brisk for me, but if bright sun and little to no wind, I can stand it. I really prefer it closer to 50. Anyway, nice card for a cool day.

Today was a good day. 78. 6 over par.

And before the haters try to hate. Since I shot a 92 yesterday, I was playing from the Forward White Tees. Which are only 5931 yards for 18 holes.

So it was a Pitching and Putting contest. With nothing longer than a 9 iron into the par FOURS and Mid to Long Irons onto the Par Fives.

Still it was a nice comeback from a week of terrible putting. :drinks:

Another round of not so good play. Really struggled on the Par 3 s today. That aggravates me. Those are the holes I consider gimme pars at most. Not today. Still hit a 93 because my new RTX4 60 degree is money.

Money

Played to a ten today and shot 82 so right on the number. 3 birdies and a total of 27 putts. The practice last few days paying off.

-4 32 on the back 9 of the only local that has their greens open. Which was great, because I was kind of all over the place, but I lost one in the water on the last par 3 for the second straight outing even though I focused extra hard on not doing it again. Really, really not happy about that.

83:41-42, 2 birds on each side. Couldn't get off the tee to save my life. Short game was pretty decent today.

Was a fun round at our NAS Jacksonville white/blue nines.

Last edited:
Working on a major swing change and it showed. Shot a 42-41-83. My driver was ok but my irons were not very good at all. Need to work it out on the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It rained all night and most of the morning in FL. ~65*, good breeze, and sooooft fairways. Playing from the 6,500 yard tees meant lots of long irons. Played 36. R1 = 88, R2 = 93.

44/41=85 Driver was good, the irons need work right now. short game and putter where good, 30 putts. Just unsure what the turf is going to do right now as the zoysia is dormant and the course is still wet.
Was nice to get out and play though.

Went out for the 2nd time with a meetup group so a bunch of new people. Shot the following
Score :86
Putts: 37
GIR :44%
FIR :71%
Hdcp Diff: 15.4

Pretty damn pleased with that, especially considering I borrowed some clubs while I wait for mine to arrive.

Played a quick twilight 9 chasing the sunset today. Shot 38 with a 4 putt double on #9.

Yes, the putter has already been offloaded.

Match play, finshed 5 & 4. Was 5 over with 21 putts when closed out the match on 14. Wish I could have finished but rules state you can't play after match is over. Was on pace for one of my better rounds in a long time.

Took the a.m. walk on the back 9 again, repeat of last score 42. No doubles this round, and had my chance's damn it. I need to settle in and make the one's that would count for Par or better...

Got to play here on Long Island, Pine Hills. Course was in great shape for February, greens rolled smoothly and had some pace, fw's were full and the ball sat nicely. 12 of us got together and played a 2 man tourn, each team 1 Score per hole, 2 scores count on par five and par 3's. Fun format. Shot 2 over on the front (made a double from 65 yards on a short hole, solid drive, dumped my wedge into the water, did that twice today..ugh..). putted well (really love my LAB/Directed Force Putter, it has exceeded expectations),
Back nine got on a bogey train for 3 holes then righted the ship, only to hit best drive of the day to 55 yards and dump wedge in the water to make another double. Shot 80 (7 over, par 73). Happy because some of things I have been working on the range have improved, and the mistakes I made today were mostly feel shots, that I have not practiced in a few months, and usually a strength of mine.

So now my driver is nowhere to be found but my irons were pretty good. Shot a 39-39-78. It will be nice when it all clicks :). If ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small field away tourn for men's club. Did not go as well as it has been. 34 putts and multiple penalties. Shot 91 for net 81. OUCH. Did get 2 CTPs and had 2 birdies that may get me a skin or 2.

40/47

Poor course and bunker maintenance got me good on the back nine.

40 - 36 - 76. 3 birdies, 8 pars and 7 bogeys. Using a putter I had never used before and took me a while to get the feel of it.

77......the most disappointing 77 I can remember. 2 doubles with no penalty strokes and 9 putts lipped out from inside 10 feet. it felt impossible to make anything on a day when I hit the ball pretty darn good.

Back