What did you shoot today?

Did the heat get you?
The wind really picked up and just some bad bounces. Had a drive the wind got ahold of and the bounce took it directly behind a tree so punch out. Next hole drive the wind got it and hits cart path and into water hazard, drop was behind the trees.
Just one of those rounds where I kinda lost it. Was still fun.

38/50 = 88

I thought I was gonna tear it up today because of the front nine with two birdies but then the back nine came and it was like a totally different course! The winds picked up alot, the greens were way faster, etc. plus my shots were NOT attacking the flag by any means as I managed to card two triples and two doubles! Oh well, that is why we call it golf! :)

had a fairly good round of 84, again back nine stronger than front but not by as much 43/41. Ended with two birdies shot a 3 on par 4 17th and a nice 4 on the par 5 18th

Played Dye's Valley Course yesterday, was teamed up with two young bucks jamming music. Loved it. Scoring became secondary, IPA's and "going for it was the theme". Managed to score an even 100 going for it... I actually learned about my game, it helped me unlock some athletism I had been prohibiting and forced me to hit certain irons much farther than I am used to. It was fun swing big draws into the 180 yard par 3s with my 7 iron. I was taking some really big cuts with my driver as well, actually hit a few around 265 - 270 that's big for me.

39/36 = 75. Pretty happy with the round, everything was great except for driver, which didn't kill me. Hit two of my best fairway woods in my life off the tee, a 5w on 2 and a 3w on 12. Short irons and wedges were back on point, I'd been pulling them left and spent the last couple days fixing that issue. The 35 putts belies the incredible lag putting that I did today, including a 25 footer for eagle that came to rest half an inch from the cup. Overall I'm very very happy with the round, especially since I won a golf ball off my buddy by beating him by two strokes.

1656299647039.png

46/48 - 94. Played in a tourney at a course I’ve never played. Had two blowup holes on the back 9 too. Scored a 9 and a 8.. Went into no mans land on both and took my medicine but then blew my 3rd shot on each of those after chipping back into the fairway. Also missed a 18 inch putt because I tapped it with the back of my putter because I didn’t have a good stance and was lazy I also got dead tired and my back was fried by 14th. I also had to put my driver away around the 12th and should have done it after about my 4th drive.

I’ll take that for my second round in 8 months.

Today was more of a consistent struggle from the start vs yesterday when I fell apart at the end. 44-45/89 Started off htting a beautiful drive. Followed by a skulled iron. 2nd hole beautiful drive, 3w, chip, 2 putt par. Then continued to hit good drives and bad irons the rest of the way through.

Shot a 69 on Friday. Par 70 on that course. Three birdies and two bogeys. A pretty clean round.

I had one of the most remarkable rounds ever yesterday. I shot my highest score of the year with the most consistent level of sloppiness I've ever pulled off. I shot nearly perfect bogey golf with an 88 total. One par, one double and 16 bogeys!!! Nothing terrible but nothing good and I played the same ball all day. Usually if I shoot high 80s I've pumped a couple OB or rinsed one or two. I made one long putt and two medium length putts to avoid doubles but the other 13 bogey putts were tap-ins with a few lip-outs.

On the last hole I bunkered, splashed out to the fringe and then my chip went into the hole 3/4 of the way around and up and out!

I never had so much fun playing crappy....it was hot but a nice day and we had the course pretty much to ourselves.

Got a late round in yesterday, we were hoping for a quick round but the course was packed.

signs of good golf !!!7A03407B-7616-4B39-A7C3-304A1AB5B77B.jpeg

I played sister courses over the weekend at Broad Run and Iron Valley. I had the opportunity to play a round with @RealPretendPsychic at Iron Valley. Fairly happy with my game over the 2 rounds: 80 and 83.

38/40-78. No feel for anything today. The only good thing was my one birdie to keep my birdie streak alive.

I shot a 45 for 9 holes, ball striking was good today.

3 18's this weekend, all scores between 50 and 54. so, consistency I got. Now just need to try to limit the miscues and I'll be good to go.

3 18's this weekend, all scores between 50 and 54. so, consistency I got. Now just need to try to limit the miscues and I'll be good to go.
You freaking machine!

42/45 for an 87. I was striking the ball decently well, but putting was absolutely ****ing infuriating today! 🤬 I had at least 5 or 6 lip-outs, it was driving me nuts. 9/14 FW, 5/18 GIR, 36 putts. Oh well, weather was great and I was playing with good friends, so it was still a good day.

Played a new course for me that I have itched to play for so long. Skytop Lodge in the Poconos. Did the teebox offer and paid just 35. Course was quite ordinary. Rather bland actually. Glad I went but won't be going back. Shot 42 and 41. Front felt so long. Then I looked at card after and it was 3354. Back was just over 3000. Walked bag on back and twice I dropped my putter headcover...SOB. Those two situations added 1500 yards of extra walking. And dang it's a 1928 course but there are numerous long walks from green to next tee. That's odd for a Classic.

Walked 9 today since it was only 90 instead of over 100 like it has been. Shot a 38 with 2 3 putt bogies. That was very good considering I left my putter at home ( changed out the grip yesterday and forgot to put it back in my bag) and putted with my hybrid .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today was golf from sun up to sun down.

1st round started off at a FSGA one-day event at Marsh Creek Country Club in St. Augustine. We played the course from the blue tees which played at around 6450yds. It was raining on and off during the round. This was the first time that I had played the course and immediately on our first hole we knew we would be dealing with some forced carries and blind landing spots. I missed only 2 fairways on the day and started off pretty well with a bogey, double and then 3 pars in a row. The greens were exceptionally fast and I just couldn't make any birdie putts. Around the 7 hole the waiting game started. We were waiting on every shot due to the group in front of us and I got complacent and couldn't keep any sort of rhythm. I went 47 on the back nine and 44 on the front. Ended up finishing 4th out of 7 in the under 50 age group.

2nd round of the day was at a familiar course with greens that were much slower due to them being punched and sanded 3 weeks ago. Hit the driver exceptionally well again, but just couldn't get the speed of the greens down. We played it from 6400 yds and finished as the sun went down. Shot 45 on the front and 41 on the back. Missed a few birdie putts which could have improved the scoring.

First one out this morning and will be the rest of the week.

Walked Windmill Lakes in 2:35 and shot an 82 with 29 putts.

On 16 I hit two 3 hybrids side by side. Sub70 939X (traditional shape) and Maltby KE4 HDI (iron type) from the same spot just to see. Could throw a towel over them.

3 hybrids.jpg

Maltby on the left and Sub70 on the right.

35/36-71. Much better ball striking today. We had an added challenge as except for holes 1-4, 17 and 18, the pins had been pulled in preparation for spraying the greens. Fortunately, the pin positions had not changed from yesterday, so we were able to recall where they generally were. Of course, rangefinders were useless, and we had to depend on GPS yardages.

I shot 37-38-75 today at Eagles Landing near Toledo. Perfect day to play and the course was in great shape. I've been
playing very well lately (two birdies today, which NEVER happens!), and hope it continues....!!

1656443756987.png

Last edited:
51 at league tonight. Generally, wasn't terrible ball striking, but I relearned I need to control my tempo better and stay focused on the ball to hit through it. Also had a little bad luck and couldn't adjust to the unusually slow greens.

45 (+9). 6/7 fairways, 2 GIRs, but 19 putts.

Getting off the tee has been a problem lately, so hitting 6 was a big improvement. I could not take advantage of it, though, as my iron play let me down yet again.

Three-putting one of the GIRs from 30 ft was really disappointing.

Clipping a branch on two approach shots didn't help, either.

Back