What did you shoot today?

I’m about to shoot a dog that won’t sleep later than 4:22 AM. Does that count?

🥱
At the cottage my dog woke me up every morning at 0400, 4 days in a row. I came to find out they were being awakened by a black bear that was nosing around the fire pit picking up remnants of the kids Smores from the night before..... more to it, but you get the gist......

A tale of two nines, yesterday. 34/42-76. Two really poor iron shots on the back nine each led to double bogies.

Today, a stellar start (4 birdies in the first 6 holes), ended in disaster on 18 with a triple! Oh, well. That's golf for you! 33/40-73

86 from the senior tees at North Kingstown. Driving was so-so, but one of my best days with short irons, wedges and putting.

82 at The Dunes in Kamloops. First round in a couple of months, and came 18 inches from my first ever ace(and no, I did not miss the birdie putt:ROFLMAO:).

Shot a 92 at Chambers Bay on Sunday. Combo sands/grey tees. 6300yds. First time playing it.

Left alot out there tbf. Looking forward to playing it this winter when prices drop. Supposed to be one of the driest courses around.

Had half a dozen putts burn the edge, and wound up in the waste areas a few times on really good drives. Either ran out to much or the wind carried it.

I shot 38-39-77 at Fostoria Country Club this morning. It's one of those small-town-hidden-gems that nobody's
ever heard of, but in immaculate condition and just a delight to play! Used to be a private club, but, like so many
others, has gone public. Highlight of my day was an EAGLE two on a par 4 hole.....hit a 6 iron that took one hop
onto the green and rolled into the cup!! The rest of the round was anti-climactic, to say the least!

1663707468348.png

Played a very fancy Country Club today. It was a practice round for a Tourney. Fox Hill CC was such a nice tract.
Shot 34-39 73. Now if I can just do that under pressure. Part of me wasn't wild about shooting so well. It's always hard to back it up.
Course was a but wet so it took some of the speed out of the greens. I played a few holes with the head Pro. He assured me they would be lightning fast.... oh boy.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

37 - 36 - 73. 2 birdies (1 via chip in), 13 pars and 3 bogeys. The summer game uptick seems to have come about 3 months late this year.

35/38-73. Great birdie production with a total of 6. I needed them with a double and a triple on the back 9.

49/42 for a 91 today. It wasn't any one thing that was particularly bad, it was everything at some point or another. Hit a great drive, screw up the iron shot; hit a GIR, 3 putt the green; hit into a bunker, waste 3 strokes around the green. And so on. But it was still a nice day on the course with good company, and I get paid the same whether I shoot 64 or 104 so it's all good. And a stranger from the group in front of us shared his wife's homemade chocolate chip cookies with us at the 10th tee box.

39/41 for an 80 today. I haven’t swung a club since late June so it felt good to play this well. I had 5 looks at birdie and just edged out a few. Could have been lower but I’m happy with the result given the time off.

Played my old course after work, 43 for 9 holes having missed four putts inside two feet. Just kept rushing and pulling them. No sense in hurrying because it took us two and a half hours.

Not me, but one of the guys on our club team shot 66 (-6) earlier this week, and his card had a bogey and a double on it to go with the 5 birdies and 2 eagles

53/49 =102. Decided to play safer shots on the back 9. Worked quite well. The greens were insanely slippery, I'm not used to competition level cuts.
Screenshot_20220922-175933__01.jpg

44/44 for an 88. I was consistent if nothing else.

Not a bad round for me. However, for what ever reason, I'm going through a stretch of poor putting right now. (37) That, and I could hit a few more fairways off the tee. Missed 9 of 14 today.

I'm not going to panic yet, as I am still getting use to playing golf again. I think this was my 12 round since January, with 8 of those rounds in the 3-4 weeks.

Didn't miss those fairways by much, but the course maintenance people are letting the rough grow right up to the edge of the fairways. That deeper, wetter turf is causing me issues with distance. Especially those areas that are in the shade most of the day.

I'm thinking I left 3-4 strokes out there today.

44/44 for an 88. I was consistent if nothing else.

Not a bad round for me. However, for what ever reason, I'm going through a stretch of poor putting right now. (37) That, and I could hit a few more fairways off the tee. Missed 9 of 14 today.

I'm not going to panic yet, as I am still getting use to playing golf again. I think this was my 12 round since January, with 8 of those rounds in the 3-4 weeks.

Didn't miss those fairways by much, but the course maintenance people are letting the rough grow right up to the edge of the fairways. That deeper, wetter turf is causing me issues with distance. Especially those areas that are in the shade most of the day.

I'm thinking I left 3-4 strokes out there today.
Glad to see you're back out there playing!

46/39 for an 85 from our blue tees. Driver was good today besides 1 penalty on a hole I knew better than to hit driver on and did it anyways. Putter was hot today, short game was pretty good, but 75-100 yard shots did not go well tonight. Felt good to play better than last Thursday and look towards ending the season on a high note.

Back