What did you shoot today?

40/41 for a new personal best 81. Not a whole lot went wrong this evening. Drove the ball well, approach was pretty good, I chipped reasonably well, and lag putting was on. Definitely have a new perspective on how difficult it’s going to be to break 80.
Yooo let's go, Ryan!

Shooting 80 on the number is like a kick in the junk. All you can do is think of all the places you wasted that ONE stroke....
trust me when I turned that 41.... yuck

40/41 for a new personal best 81. Not a whole lot went wrong this evening. Drove the ball well, approach was pretty good, I chipped reasonably well, and lag putting was on. Definitely have a new perspective on how difficult it’s going to be to break 80.
agree man it's sooo freaking hard. things have to be tightened up and playing smart.

agree man it's sooo freaking hard. things have to be tightened up and playing smart.
There’s a lot less room for error that’s for certain. Definitely going to take some mental notes from last night about a few things.

There’s a lot less room for error that’s for certain. Definitely going to take some mental notes from last night about a few things.
I know mine was trying to be gutsy with one hero shot that cost me easily 1 stroke. a couple unlucky bounces for me and it might be a different story.

I know mine was trying to be gutsy with one hero shot that cost me easily 1 stroke. a couple unlucky bounces for me and it might be a different story.
That being said, a couple more bounces your way and your writing a number on the game ball that starts with “7”. You got this 👊.

To make matters worse, one of the guys I play with made FIVE &%$&*
birdies and shot 75. Not fun watching all those putts rolling in when I made NOTHING.....!
I know the feeling! One of the guys I play with seems to make just abut everything he looks at. I struggle to make anything longer than about 3 feet! :)

Had a heck of a round today. The changes I’ve made recently are finally kicking in. Shot a PB for that course by 3 shots! Didn’t hit a ton of fairways or greens but fairways missed I still had an open 2nd shot. My irons were spot on for distance, but my sim was a little off. I was hitting the ball right where I aimed. I’m on the road back to business! Photo of the driver was from the second to last drive which was one of the best of the day!
658E0035-5A15-4ABE-A5A8-926C093EF8C0.jpeg
E2803492-C223-405D-AAFC-E93DF7B2E7A9.jpeg7A9B2092-FC7D-4898-A1A9-E763B7706A1C.jpeg

A very ordinary 94 this morning. Driver was money on the front but I couldn't finish it. Then the driver went bye bye on the back and it was a real struggle.

The good part: 39/41 for an 80.

The not-quite-as-good part: We were playing the silver tees at just under 5000 yards (64.0/105, par 71), so it was a 17.2 differential. No matter how short the yardage is, you still have to hit the shots! It sure was fun having lots of chances at birdie and going for a couple of the par 5s in 2, though.

Scramble tournament so I did not have a personal score, but we did come in at -14 and I had 2 natural eagles using only my shots. Feather in my cap!

+4 in the big winds today. Course was brutal - firm and rejecting every idea I had for it around the greens hahaha

Oh well. Driver remains death, presently.

98. Played a fairly difficult course after not playing for about a month or so. Felt like I played better than my score but could not avoid the doubles. Only lost 2 or 3 balls

49/49 98.

After a couple months of not getting frustrated, today got to me. One of my goals this year was to shoot nothing higher than a 7 in a round. I did that today (had 3 of them) but could only muster up 2 pars. While the full swing was solid, I just couldn't take advantage of the position that part of the game would leave. Was useless with a wedge in my hand and simply couldn't counter the doubles with pars.

Two over par 75 at Mammoth Dunes at Sand Valley. Hit two par fives in 2! Was a good day.

Very mediocre 41/41 - 82 today (6300 yds) Started off great with a perfectly played par 5 (for me) for birdie 4, followed by 3 more solid holes... but then I hopped on the bogey train and the rest of the round was me turning pars into bogeys. Stats were decent - 13 FIR, 5 GIR, 33 putts.

Last edited:
38/38 76 yesterday at Northview Ridge.

Considering my D-swing decided to show up I'm thrilled with that number. Short game was very good and made just enough putts to keep it on the rails.

You know when you have one of those days when a kick to the gonads would feel better?

I had one of those today. Couldn't get off the tee, hit off the fairway or putt. 45/51 96. I'm thinking of taking up bowling.

Still working on chipping and more accurate driver shots. Played a hilly course and slapped it around for a 88. Putting was better at least for distance controlling.. once that gets better should be able to be closer the high 70s low 80s

Played the best round I have played in months this afternoon, albeit with absolute crap putting. Like the worst putting I've seen in years. I don't know what happened there.

81 with 5 (count 'em 5) 3 putt bogies, and one 3 putt par. It was awful on the flat stick front.

88 on a day when the wind was gusty and swirling around from all directions. Greens were super fast too and I made a bunch of bogeys because I couldn’t dial in the speed.

Back