What did you shoot today?

Windy, cold, absolutely beautiful course, but the greens were just aerated. Drove great in the wind. Irons were so-so. Between the elevation changes and the gusty winds I don't think I hit a ball closer than 20' to the hole but on one par 3 I was 2' behind the hole. Took my fair share of 3 Jack's on the greens 84.

Everything was crusing along just fine, turned in 37 and was even on the back through 15. Then, um these happened:
Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 6.45.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 6.46.09 PM.png
In the lower photo the third shot can only be described with the 's' word, because that's the only way I can possibly explain what happened. 37/43 for an even 80. Oh what could have been.... 🤷‍♂️

46/47 on a course that ate me for breakfast last year. Was out with a few guys who don’t mind leading the charge towards laughing for 4 hours and I had a blast. Did not necessarily do a bunch right, and struggled with the swing a bit, but I could have gladly stuck around and went for another 18.

43/41 = 84. Kinda a trash score on this course, considering I've had 6 or 7 70's scores on this track this season, but the conditions were windy and the greens were rolling faster than normal so it wasn't too bad I suppose. Tee game was inconsistent, irons and wedges were solid (with one or two exceptions), but putting was TRASH for the first 10 holes until I finally figured out how to make something.

Was cruising along nicely yesterday and crossed the threshold where I had one too many beers, and the scoring went to crap. I usually don’t drink on the course so it was annoying to have a good round messed up. Finished double, double, triple to shoot 85 after a 39 on the front. Drove the ball better than I have in a very long time, which has me encouraged. I would like to see my game with some driver confidence. Irons were okay, wedges were poor and putting was good as usual. The course we played is near the ocean and has kikuyu grass, which I despise, so iron/wedge performance was not surprising.

New personal best with an 81! 40 on front with par on the first 4 holes. 41 on the back with a triple and a birdie on 17th hole sinking a 30 footer.

Driving was good for the most part, a nice cut fade when I was swinging it well. Hit 50% fairways and also one window on a hole where I went left. Teed off on that one and ball made a bee line straight to a house on left about 220 out. Wish I knew how I hit it so straight to try and replicate straight down the middle :ROFLMAO:. Heard a loud bang of a ball hitting something at the house. Drive over and see the homeowners out and I was apologetic making sure no one was hit or hurt. They were nice as can be and said they had special windows and the ball did hit it, but did not even see a mark or anything. Counted myself as very lucky on that one. Ball ended up back in play after bouncing off of their window.

Par 3's I was on green on every hole! Something I have never done before. Par'd every one of them on the day. Had 13 of 18 holes GIR!

New personal best with an 81! 40 on front with par on the first 4 holes. 41 on the back with a triple and a birdie on 17th hole sinking a 30 footer.

Driving was good for the most part, a nice cut fade when I was swinging it well. Hit 50% fairways and also one window on a hole where I went left. Teed off on that one and ball made a bee line straight to a house on left about 220 out. Wish I knew how I hit it so straight to try and replicate straight down the middle :ROFLMAO:. Heard a loud bang of a ball hitting something at the house. Drive over and see the homeowners out and I was apologetic making sure no one was hit or hurt. They were nice as can be and said they had special windows and the ball did hit it, but did not even see a mark or anything. Counted myself as very lucky on that one. Ball ended up back in play after bouncing off of their window.

Par 3's I was on green on every hole! Something I have never done before. Par'd every one of them on the day. Had 13 of 18 holes GIR!
PB!! Let’s go! Great round man!

3 person scramble on Friday. We shot a 14 under giving us 2nd place. I was happy to contribute many drives, 2 chip ins, and a natural eagle to the team.

39-38-77 +5 yesterday. Started off +3 through three holes. Found four birdies yesterday to counteract a few bad shots. Season is almost over

38/40-78 I haven't played since 9/20, so there was some rust. The course, especially the greens, was in great shape after hosting a Korn Ferry Stage 1 tournament last week. The greens were fast, but were they running smooth! Surprised, I didn't three-putt any holes. They left the hole locations from the last day of the tournament, and some were in some pretty tough locations. The bad part is that with weekend play as well, most of the holes had those rounded edges. We were promised new hole locations tomorrow.

38/36=74 today.

We were playing combo tees from around 5300 yards so it gave me some opportunities, but my short game and putting were absolute fire. Wish I could bottle it up and keep it with me forever! 1 zero-putt, 11 one-putts, 6 two-putts. 7/14 FW, 5/18 GIR, 23 putts. Differential was around 7 or 8 - the combo tees aren't rated, we were just making it up as we went. Playing these yardages is fun for a short knocker! :ROFLMAO:

Shot another 78 on par71 course, 5800 yards.

8 bogeys
9 pars
1 birdie

10 of 13 fairways
10 GIR
36 putts on sanded greens

Index now at 10.4.

Last edited:
38 last night. Two very silly and avoidable bogeys. But everything is just working right now and all I hope is that all the progress made this season will follow me next year

Will be playing Riverside Golf Club tomorrow in Grand Prairie TX. Haven't played in months! Really looking forward to testing out my TecTecTec KLYR rangefinder that @JB & @GolferGal gave away a few months ago! Will provide a review in the upcoming days. 🤠

Shot 41 last night in my 9 hole league.
Best Round of the year -
Had 5 pars and 4 of those I made with 1 putt.
Love me some Up and Down action.

78 this morning with no putter.

43/37 = 80 (14'ish diff, playing unrated combo tees). 2 birdies, 6 pars, 9 bogeys, 1 double. 9/14 FW, 6/18 GIR, 28 putts.

First Bogey free round today!
Should have taken more time on the putts and could have set a new PB! Tied my current one but was having a blast cruising through the course in just over 2 hours.:) Fairways, greens, up & downs also set marks.

45/44 with 31 putts. Played a course I'm not real familiar with, even though it's just down the street. Boulder Creek GC.

Played with a guy new to me who shares a similar game to mine. Took us, in separate carts, a little over 3 hours.

It's becoming pretty evident that I'm not judging distances like I used to do. This time last year I was pretty good at it, and pulling the right club.

Although I was hitting balls near my aim line, some shots were long, while others were short. This with well struck shots. Maybe added 3-4 strokes to my score.

I suppose Investing in a golf specific lazer might be in order. I've always dismissed them as not needed when playing. I have an old one that I use in practice, but never took the time to use when playing. It's really not designed for golf.

Going to rethink my bucket list, and add an accessory to those 4 new wedges I'm getting.

41/37 78

Not sure what's going on, but my Rogue ST Max with UST LINQ Blue shaft is making golf so fun right now! A birdie and eagle on the back doesn't hurt!

7FFC34B9-6686-4690-9C1C-7BC5FBBB8590.jpeg

Shot a crappy 100 on an easy course, but the cool thing about the round was I used my new-to-me vintage irons for the first time. Those clubs led to 5 GIRs - a bit higher than my average. In fact, the two best shots of the day came from the long irons of the set.

Pulled the 4i for my 2nd shot on a par 5 and was able to work the ball around a tree right to left. The intent was to get it down close to the right side of the green. Instead, I overdrew it and it just off the left side, pin high at the back of the green. That resulted in a chip and 2-putt par.

The second decent shot was from a 5i on an uphill par 3 green. Hit it just a little thin but right at the flag. Ended up with rare birdie.

Overall, the old irons performed well and only cost a couple of strokes. Each GIR led to either a par or birdie.

Wish I could say the same about my short game :poop:.

Driver was a mix of good and not-so-good. Fortunately, this course was pretty forgiving on wayward shots. Had a penalty from a dumb mental mistake - something I don't do a lot. At some point, the score ceases to be a concern and I don't focus as well.

41 +5. After saying how great my putter is, it let me down BAD tonight. Well more, I let myself down with it but still...woof. Four strokes from putts missed inside five feet. Rough go.

Back