What did you shoot today?

at this point, I don't :LOL:

Ya know it's a good thing I've have some restraint, otherwise I'd tell you to stop using your tree wood. :laughing:

Ya know it's a good thing I've have some restraint, otherwise I'd tell you to stop using your tree wood. :laughing:

what about the tree iron? :LOL:

Last edited:
Yesterday played the same course again with the stupid bumpy greens. 44-38/82 one worse than the day before but a good round. Got low net in my flight. I'll take it. Only bummer was that both days I 3 putt parred the last hole. About 60' putt each day.
Today was team play, have an individual match and a team match. We won the team 5 and 4. Individual I was 4 down after 5 holes. Got back to even and actually went 1 up on 13. Lost 15 and 16 to go 1 down and then parred 17 and 18 but so did he so I lost. But our team won and advances to the round of 16.

90, in the best way possible 45/45

3-8-20 (3).png

Rust showed in some predictable ways. Made it a fun round to play with the wife. She really loved shouting "I could hit that shot, hahaha" Good times.

Played the back nine for the first time in a while; 8-over 44. No short game magic to bail out my poor iron play this time.

4/7 fairways, but only 1 GIR. 2 pars, 6 bogeys, and 1 double.

Something's gotta change in the iron department.

Did not make 18, only got through 11, but had a much better day than Saturday. Got quite a number of pars and +1 bogeys. Drives were fantastic and I am maxing my distances now. Irons were much stronger than the day before, even my fairway woods were good. Only had one bad 3W hit yesterday and that alone made me happy.

Shot 42/41 yesterday in 25 mph winds. Not happy, not mad given the conditions

44/47 for a 91 at my new club. Two bad shots, that were supposed to be safe plays, cost me on the back 9.

walked 9 in 1:15.
Hit it okay shot 40 on painfully slow greens leaving almost every putt short

Shot 42/43=85 for 18 hole on the indoor simulator at Legends. We played Waconda Club in Des Moines, Iowa.

walked 9 in 1:15.
Hit it okay shot 40 on painfully slow greens leaving almost every putt short
Ugh. HATE that. I'd rather play in heavy wind than on super slow greens.

3-11-20 (2).png

Wind was a MFer, but somehow hit a good stretch on the back with the approach game. I think 5 straight birds is a new record for me. Pretty sure. Need to double check. Wife shot a PB 48 on her front 9, so it was a good day.

I can't tell if the last couple rounds I've started off struggling and found a groove because I'm abandoning the swing changes I'm working on, or because it just takes me a bunch of swings to find consistency with them. Need to take some early and late video to compare.

Last edited:
I shot a 36 today. 9/9 GIR. Man, I wish I could have played 18.

45/44 for an 89. 6/12 Fairways, 6/18 GIR, 35 putts. Got denied on one par when the wind blew the flagstick to the side right as I putted and it rejected my ball as it tried to fall into the cup.

My last few rounds have been in the 90s, so just happy to be back in the 80s and hope the trend continues.

43-39

Big time struggle on the front, was shocked I kept it at 43 honestly. No birdies once for the 2nd rd in a row.

43-49... Went off the tougher back first and kept it in play, putted decent. Front side, #4 an easy par 5, and I pull drive left oobs. Slice the next drive right into some weeds and lost it. Take a drop and hit a tree. Ended up with a 10! Kinda pulled things back together after that and all things considered. Finished par-par-bogey.

Personal best of +8 for 79 on a par 71... One blow up hole for a 7, 2 birdies, 32 putts I think

had a lot of bogies, double bogies, and 3 birdies for an 84 on Florida Glades CC sim tourney round. Really inconsistent round for me, hope to improve that tonight.

1584040567303.png

Well I played horrible but had a great time. Slammer and Squire today, course was in excellent shape, fast greens. And even it being crowded we finished in 4:05. Played with my buddy and his 14yr old son. Great time but was so on/off. Of course only the second round of the year and have not swung a club in 4 weeks. Lots to work on but stoked to be playing again. 8A6D35EC-D6CB-48A8-8305-C8A0C50587F5.jpeg

36 - 39 - 75. Even though I couldn't get a birdie putt to drop to save my life, it was probably the best tee to green round I have played in about 3 months. Happens every year. The weather starts to heat up and my game starts coming back. 1 birdie, 13 pars and 4 bogeys.

95. My putting let me down on the front.

91 with a 49 and 42. Still have not hit a green on a par 3.

Back