What did you shoot today?

I shot 76. I was plus 6 standing on the 9th tee and shot 2 under the rest of the way in. I chipped in on 9 for birdie. I had one more bogey coming in and missed a 6 footer for birdie on 18 after a wedge from 45 yards went right over the edge. I had makeable birdie putts on 16 and 17 that I couldn’t jar.

It was awesome to be out there today.

-2 on a great ball striking day with 16 GIR and many well struck putts that were near misses. Two three putts but both were first putts longer than 40 feet with more than 10 feet of break. Super happy to play in relatively calm conditions and finally to wear shorts and just a golf shirt - it’s been a cold and windy spring and today was the first day that I felt loose on the golf course.

44-37-81 Was a weird round. 36 putts but I felt surprisingly good about that considering I completely changed everything about my putting. Still have some testing to do, but I may be drastically changing that part of my game if I can dial it in a little more.

Last edited:
-2 on a great ball striking day with 16 GIR and many well struck putts that were near misses. Two three putts but both were first putts longer than 40 feet with more than 10 feet of break. Super happy to play in relatively calm conditions and finally to wear shorts and just a golf shirt - it’s been a cold and windy spring and today was the first day that I felt loose on the golf course.
Nice turnaround from your last one!

36/42. Dang back 9 has my number. Lots of water and the wind is usually stronger on 3 tough holes. I'm playing again on Friday afternoon! (y)

Shot an abysmal 101, which would’ve have hurt so bad if I hadn’t shot 82 yesterday. I was 7 over through 7, which all things considered isn’t that bad, but after 8 and 9, I finished the front at 15 over.Then I struggled off the tee the whole back nine and pretty much spent 10-18 in recovery mode. But first round with my new to me P790s and I gotta say, why the hell did I not get these sooner? But yeah, 101. First time I’ve shot over 100 since middle of last year.

36 - 39 - 75 in my first official round in 2 months. 10 strokes better than my last official round before the long layoff. Ball striking took a sharp downward turn over the last 5 holes but was able to get up and down from bunkers on 16 and 18 to keep it from spiraling completely out of control. 3 birdies, 10 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

36 - 39 - 75 in my first official round in 2 months. 10 strokes better than my last official round before the long layoff. Ball striking took a sharp downward turn over the last 5 holes but was able to get up and down from bunkers on 16 and 18 to keep it from spiraling completely out of control. 3 birdies, 10 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.
Great round after that long of a layoff. (y)

Sloppy 83, could have, should have, but did not score much better with the chances I had.

Getting ready to go out as I type this. Figure it can't get any better than it did on Wednesday. Walked 18 on the home course and shot a PB 73. Took a break for a couple of hours and then proceeded to drive for an hour and walk another 18. Got to the last hole needing to make a bogey on a par 5 to get two rounds in the seventies on the same day for the first time ever and got a 7. Oh well, still a great day.

42-43 another PB. Just striking the ball well and the misses dont hurt as bad.
Great round, you have been playing well lately keep it up.

Good day today at Thistle in NC. Managed a one over 72 round today (38/34).

Highlight of the round was an odd one.
18th hole, par 5.
Hit my tee shot on a potentially good line, but didn’t quite get it all resulting in a bad bounce and water ball. Dormant, ice like burmuda suuuuuucks! Lol
Had to take a drop. From 258, over water nearly the entire line, hit the 5 wood a little long right. Proceeded to chip in for a birdie....lol. This game....

81. 36 putts. Greens were perfect just couldn’t sniff a cup with the putts. Collected on the Nassau, though.

Great round, you have been playing well lately keep it up.
Thank you sir. Its been a great week for sure. Ive been blessed with conversation with another forum member and its really helped my game. I can still see a few strokes out there but the window is getting tighter. Today I birdied 17 and 18. One with a great putt, the other was a great second shot on a par 5. I missed the eagle chip by a hair. Golf is always fun for me, but today it was really fun.

Quick walking afternoon 9 and shot 43. The Cobra F9 was really working today and was pumped about two drives over 290. Gotta work on the short game as I left a couple chips short and had to chip again. Getting there!

B67A4C08-DE21-4FDE-BB10-16283D8EA0FF.png

Shot my best round ever today +1, 72. Was 3 under on the front 9, the first time I was ever under par for 9 holes.
Congrats on the PB

Embarrassing 54 on 9 holes. Not sure how much shame a man can stand. I least I was playing by myself and wifey was along. When she is with me I usually do really well.

96! Ugh
52-44
17th hole was 234 yards par 4. I drive it and had eagle putt..... about 12’.
didn’t want to leave it short, blew it past 5’. Missed the come back... Par
And yes folks, that was the highlight!
5 penalties, started the first hole drive OB right.... way to go!
2nd hole tug it left stuck IN A TREE. Between 3 trees about 3’ off the ground
Brutal day!

Played my first round in nearly 5 years and shot 43/50 for a 93. Glad to be back playing again and looking to keep improving.

81!

Started out slow with some shanks on the front. 44 at the turn. Then drank a beer, ate my protein bar and shot 2 over on the back including a chip in birdie on 18.

I walked which always seems to lead to better scores. Helps with the mental game for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back