What did you shoot today?

Walked 18, played my new Cleveland UHX irons for the first time, and shot 82 ( 41 / 41 ) in 86 degree heat.

86 degree heat? Sounds like a nice cool spring day.

Shot a 93 on a course yesterday that has constantly been difficult for me and I had yet to score lower than 98 on it. 93 was definitely moving in the right direction. Hard to catch a break on the course as it is up and down hills, all but two holes are over water, high tiny greens, and you never get a decent lie for pretty much any shot except the driver or wood off the tee box.

Shot 75 on Saturday and 75 again yesterday. Needless to say, i think i love this new driver.......my lord.

Well, I have played a lot of golf the last few days and here are my scores:

Thursday (18 holes):
View attachment 8945512
Friday (18 holes):
View attachment 8945513
Saturday (36 holes = 87/84)
View attachment 8945515
Sunday (18 holes):
View attachment 8945517
I did do an extra 9 holes today, but didn't really keep score. My back was really bothering me and was really tired so I stopped keeping score after a couple holes.

A couple highlights from the last 2 days though. I holed out from just inside 100 yards yesterday but it hit the pool noodle and bounced back out. Today I chipped in about 15 yards off the green and then on my last 9 today I slam dunked it from 55 out and it hit the noodle and came out. My short game was great the last couple days. Gonna give my back a rest tomorrow and then more than likely play another 36 on Tuesday. The Navy gave me some time off while I'm here in Virginia so I'm capitalizing!
Well scratch the 36 today. Back isn't on par yet and left to go play 18 and it started raining half way there. Not interested in being soaked again lol. Oh well, back needs a rest. Will be a few weeks before I can get our again.

78. 39/39. Had 3 birdies, mix of pars and bogeys, and 2 stupid doubles.

Walked 9 this morning and shot 44. A couple 3 Jacks hurt me but felt pretty good considering how much I haven't played recently.

42/42 yesterday. A frustrating round. The driver was like a laser and the putter a magic wand, but everything else????? not so much.

41 during an evening nine last night. Hit a season high 6/9 GIR! Four birdie putts within 10 feet and did not drop any. Still very pleased. Game has made some big strides lately.

D4A41B9F-A92C-4165-9308-635F3AB63485.jpeg

36/36 - 72

Bogey on 18 with a missed 3 footer to come back to even at the end.

71 yesterday with 2 birdies and one bogey. 29 putts with a new to me odyssey #9. Happy with it so far.

Followed up my personal best last time out with an 83 yesterday. I expected worse, honestly. 6/14 fairways (and 0/7 with driver :mad:), 6 GIRs.

This collection of hole locations was the most difficult I've seen in ~3 years of regularly playing at this place. There was a tournament over the weekend that I'm sure these were left over from. I've played a few days after other events in the past, but I've never seen them like this as a whole; really well-thought out. It was a blast.

Nothing spectacular, just a good steady round with a few more mistakes to eliminate.

These Speedzone irons are fun to play, and give me a lot more confidence than I had with the W/S V4s.

Walked 9 and shot a 38 with 2 bogies on the last 2 holes. Was doing pretty good until the back started acting up on hole 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85 today - took my 10 y/o daughter. Wasn’t planning to play 18 but she stuck with it. We tee her up where I land and go from there - she hits 5-7 shots including putts each hole so it’s more just various practice and reps for her as she learns. She loves it though. She even Sunk a few 8-9’ putts.

My focus was on her mostly so I don’t even know how my round was other than my score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down to one putter. :( Just a hard day getting speed and line in sync. I had numerous longer downhill putts with big breaks.
So do you think its your putting, or your approach/approach game that's bringing the putt numbers that high?

42 on 9 holes. Just didn’t really feel comfortable over the ball.

So do you think its your putting, or your approach/approach game that's bringing the putt numbers that high?

I think I'm just complex :p Some of it is focus. Today was with a distracting group, particularly on the greens. Some of it is setup. I've been moving back and forth on where I grip the club. Some top, some an inch down. I align better when I use the full length but gripping down balances the head better. Some of it might be putter. I'm missing left over and over on shorter putts. Using a face-balanced mallet. I have a hunch some toe hang will slow me from closing the face and prevent the left miss. The putting I want is there at times, but streaky. I want to bring in more consistency. Work in progress. I may grab/borrow a new putter before tomorrow's round. Playing a course with very true and faster greens. I hit the right putt, I get the right outcome. My home course has more of a mixed bag on the greens. Speed is not consistent. They are working on making improvements.

I think I'm just complex :p Some of it is focus. Today was with a distracting group, particularly on the greens. Some of it is setup. I've been moving back and forth on where I grip the club. Some top, some an inch down. I align better when I use the full length but gripping down balances the head better. Some of it might be putter. I'm missing left over and over on shorter putts. Using a face-balanced mallet. I have a hunch some toe hang will slow me from closing the face and prevent the left miss. The putting I want is there at times, but streaky. I want to bring in more consistency. Work in progress. I may grab/borrow a new putter before tomorrow's round. Playing a course with very true and faster greens. I hit the right putt, I get the right outcome. My home course has more of a mixed bag on the greens. Speed is not consistent. They are working on making improvements.
Okay. I was just curious because 'multiple long downhill big breaker' putts didn't sound like a recipe for success for someone not fighting their putter/stroke, much less someone that is. Gotta get rid of that left miss though. That's a killer. You might be right about a little hang.

Same lol. 18 putts is murder
Been there, done that. My putting and short game are definitely holding me back too.

My excuse is that majority of courses still have the range and practice areas closed due to COVID so you just go from the car to the first tee.

81 from the tips at a very tough hilly course. Playing solid as of late hope this continues

42/41 = 83. Actually surprisingly good considering that we were skipping all over the course playing around brutally slow leagues. Played 1, 2, 3, skipped to 7, played 7-11, skipped to 15, played 15-18, then back to 4-6, then finished up with 12-14. Usually jumping around like that screws with my rhythm, but we were playing so fast that I guess I didn't have time to think about it. We played 18 in about 2h 45m as a threesome.

Shot par for the first time on my home course (9 holes) today and made a ”simple” eagle from appr 160 yards on the last hole

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Back